Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

8 man HM Zorn and Toth. I feel they need a slight nerf, please discuss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
8 man HM Zorn and Toth. I feel they need a slight nerf, please discuss

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
03.11.2013 , 02:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
First of all, you say "please discuss" but then ask people who don't feel they need a nerf not to post. That's not a discussion.

Now. You propose removing the yellow circle mechanic. That's one of the *only* three changes between this and Story Mode - the others being the reflected damage on Fearful, and the stacking dots. The yellow circle adds an element of raid awareness for everybody - if you want to end Toth's Berserk, whoever it goes on is actually going to have to do something about it.

On the other hand, a lot of guilds are using this mechanic by *not* ending Toth's berserk, effectively negating *all* of the other mechanics of the fight and making it very simple.

Removing the yellow circle mechanic would actually make this fight a lot harder for many people, not easier.

Have you tried switching to that strategy? It may make the fight very easy for you.
The purpose is how to, not does it need it.
All i'm asking for is that people stay on topic.
But apparently that's far too much to ask of this bunch.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

jasonthelamb's Avatar


jasonthelamb
03.11.2013 , 03:07 AM | #12
I really think that there is no way you could nerf this (at least not until RotHC) and have people be happy. It is an EXTREMELY simple fight, maybe you haven't beaten the tanks or anywhere forward, but when you get to HM Kephess, or even HM council in TfB, you'll look at this post and LOL, because compared to any of them, Toth and Zorn are a faceroll, even in NiM Toth and Zorn are easy.

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
03.11.2013 , 04:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
The purpose is how to, not does it need it.
All i'm asking for is that people stay on topic.
But apparently that's far too much to ask of this bunch.
I think that's probably because nobody who's geared for it is going to agree to nerf it.

JoseWan's Avatar


JoseWan
03.11.2013 , 06:03 AM | #14
We wiped a lot against them (we hadn't the optimal raid composition with only one ranged dps, and we weren't fully geared) until we found our way. It only contributed to the acomplishment feeling when we did it. We beat them several times since, but I can't say they're easy.

Koordynator's Avatar


Koordynator
03.11.2013 , 06:16 AM | #15
They need a buff not nerf.

jasonthelamb's Avatar


jasonthelamb
03.11.2013 , 06:18 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JoseWan View Post
We wiped a lot against them (we hadn't the optimal raid composition with only one ranged dps, and we weren't fully geared) until we found our way. It only contributed to the acomplishment feeling when we did it. We beat them several times since, but I can't say they're easy.
I think once you've done T&Z for a while with the same group, everyone knows what to look for and what to expect, and after you've done it, it becomes a walk in the park.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
03.11.2013 , 06:49 AM | #17
If you nerf it then you'll be unprepared for NiM. You can't nerf HM because then the newbies will buuuuuurn on NiM.

You can always nerf SM though
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

FROIDBUSTER's Avatar


FROIDBUSTER
03.11.2013 , 07:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
The purpose is how to, not does it need it.
All i'm asking for is that people stay on topic.
But apparently that's far too much to ask of this bunch.
Because it's such a strange premise for discussion.

You've come to this irrelevant conclusion that Zorn and Toth need to be nerfed. And then just want everyone to agree with that point while brainstorming random ways to do it.

Of course many players aren't simply going to concede the point that they need a nerf... because the encounter isn't that difficult.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
03.11.2013 , 02:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FROIDBUSTER View Post
Because it's such a strange premise for discussion.

You've come to this irrelevant conclusion that Zorn and Toth need to be nerfed. And then just want everyone to agree with that point while brainstorming random ways to do it.

Of course many players aren't simply going to concede the point that they need a nerf... because the encounter isn't that difficult.
This. 100% exactly This.

This thread is comparable to going into the PTS forum and saying:

"Proceeding from the premise that Powertech Hybrid 2.0 has the worst dps in the game, I'm brainstorming ideas about how to make it more powerful. If you don't agree, please don't post in this thread."

Edit: DarthFamine, weren't you earlier claiming that HM LI was more difficult than NM EV, NM KP and SM EC and needed a group in Rakata or better? What is it with you and complaining that content in this game is too difficult?

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
03.11.2013 , 05:14 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
This. 100% exactly This.

This thread is comparable to going into the PTS forum and saying:

"Proceeding from the premise that Powertech Hybrid 2.0 has the worst dps in the game, I'm brainstorming ideas about how to make it more powerful. If you don't agree, please don't post in this thread."

Edit: DarthFamine, weren't you earlier claiming that HM LI was more difficult than NM EV, NM KP and SM EC and needed a group in Rakata or better? What is it with you and complaining that content in this game is too difficult?

Take it at face value, I do feel that alot of it is too difficult for the casual player. Seeing the nerfs coming to lost island in 2.0 it would seem that I was borne out on that point. Hard modes should be hard, not impossible. Nightmare modes should be completely unforgiving. But that's another discussion. I really do feel that this encounter does throw a bit too much at the players and should be nerfed.

But not into oblivion.

Hence my desire for feedback.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com