Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 man HM Zorn and Toth. I feel they need a slight nerf, please discuss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
8 man HM Zorn and Toth. I feel they need a slight nerf, please discuss

DarthFamine
03.10.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1
Proceeding from the premise that they need a slight nerf, my challenge is this. How can you nerf them slightly while preserving the challenge level of the encounter.

If you don't feel that they need a nerf then move along, the purpose of the thread is how to, not does it need it.

My best suggestion would be to nerf or remove completely some of the mechanics. perhaps the yellow circle.
or maybe lower the damage they do slightly, say 10% over the course of the fight.

though that might be too much.

Suggestions?
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

TrillOG-
03.10.2013 , 12:23 PM | #2
No. This is SUCH a simple fight. You can either keep Toth in berserk, or you can do the fight how it was meant to be done, both ways are extremely simple, and just call for awareness. Nerf, nerf, nerf, I wiped so I feel they need a nerf. From what I've heard EC has already been nerfed a lot, and nothing in this game needs to be nerfed, people need to stop being so impatient, and thinking this is Call of Duty where they should be able to beat everything within 1 or 2 tries. We have all done it, why can't you? Is it "too hard"? Well you're obviously doing something wrong, look up help, ask around for help, try different tactics, what is progression if you can do everything so simply?

bbare
03.10.2013 , 12:24 PM | #3
Nerf them by buffing them. The only thing that is challenging in that fight is when you have too much dps and you push Toth into his jump when your tank still has fearful. Sometimes, the dps will literally have to stand there and do nothing for 10 or more seconds until the tank's fearful wears off. Maybe increase the amount of damage each boss has so that is no longer a problem. There is your nerf.
The Vanity Legacy

abokado
03.10.2013 , 12:54 PM | #4
Um, what? Are we playing the same game? I just recently beat those 2, haven't done story mode, we wiped a couple of times but only because some people made a few mistakes or were distracted by RL and stuff like this.. but the fight really isn't hard.
Well, I guess it would be a bit much if you have only melee DDs and the healer couldn't keep them up.. dunno.

AshlaBoga
03.10.2013 , 03:00 PM | #5
Step 1: Buy RotHC
Step 2: Level to 55
Step 3: Faceroll HM Z&T
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Eternalnight
03.10.2013 , 03:02 PM | #6
Its like already the easiest fight in there

schnopsnosn
03.10.2013 , 03:14 PM | #7
So basically you want to almost dumb it down to SM-level.
Great idea!

Aurojiin
03.10.2013 , 08:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Its like already the easiest fight in there
That title really has to go to Vorgath, the free loot pinata.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

JimmyTheCannon
03.11.2013 , 01:33 AM | #9
First of all, you say "please discuss" but then ask people who don't feel they need a nerf not to post. That's not a discussion.

Now. You propose removing the yellow circle mechanic. That's one of the *only* three changes between this and Story Mode - the others being the reflected damage on Fearful, and the stacking dots. The yellow circle adds an element of raid awareness for everybody - if you want to end Toth's Berserk, whoever it goes on is actually going to have to do something about it.

On the other hand, a lot of guilds are using this mechanic by *not* ending Toth's berserk, effectively negating *all* of the other mechanics of the fight and making it very simple.

Removing the yellow circle mechanic would actually make this fight a lot harder for many people, not easier.

Have you tried switching to that strategy? It may make the fight very easy for you.

commanderpaul
03.11.2013 , 02:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
That title really has to go to Vorgath, the free loot pinata.
even for nightmare that holds true