Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't decide what class to main

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Can't decide what class to main

KhealThar
03.10.2013 , 11:37 AM | #1
I'm having a hard time deciding between operative, assassin or vengeance juggernaut.

I'm only interested in dpsing and I was wondering out of 3, which is looking better so far for 2.0?
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

bbare
03.10.2013 , 11:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KhealThar View Post
I'm having a hard time deciding between operative, assassin or vengeance juggernaut.

I'm only interested in dpsing and I was wondering out of 3, which is looking better so far for 2.0?
PvP:

1. Operative: Still looking pretty good. The burst potential is still there, and covered escape, well, If Usain Bolt took tumbling classes and had stealth...

2. Assassin: Bioware really screwed over the Assassin for dps. For now, if you want to be very effective as an assassin in pvp, tanking would be recommended.

3. Jugg (Vengeance): The vengeance tree had lots of positive changes to it. The spec puts out much more damage, but still retains great survivability

PvE:

1. Operative: Both the concealment and lethality trees got significant buffs, and operatives are much better off in pve dps than they are currently on live. They still won't compare to the marauder or PT in melee dps, but they are at least respectable now.

2. Assassin: Sadly, the assassin dps is pretty much the new operative. The changes made to the assassin trees really gimped the assassin for dps for both pvp and pve. Hopefully, changes will be made before 2.0 goes live. Assassins are currently the laughing stock of pve dps. Every other class seems to be in the 2.5-2.7k range with full Arkanian, while the assassin lingers at 2.3k.

3. Jugg (Vengeance): The vengeance tree was improved significantly for pve, and the Jugg is almost as powerful as a marauder in pve damage.
The Vanity Legacy

_biddan_
03.10.2013 , 03:16 PM | #3
juggernaut
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

MediumD
03.14.2013 , 08:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KhealThar View Post

I think the best class is the one you enjoy playing the most. If one class has 95% of the DPS of the other (until the next patch flips it), is that really so bad?