Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

Svii
04.24.2013 , 01:07 AM | #71
Wow.. Just shy of 3k DPS on Thrasher as MM, really nice both of you. I'm switching specs a lot lately, having a lot of fun! Need to concentrate more on one of them for longer periods of time though, my fingers are slipping hehe

I practically live on torparse now, and they also released an in game parser wooo!

Almost got rid of most of my Crit rating too, sitting at 24% with 70% Surge after last night Elite Vendor raid.. now, if my m8s would stop beating my gimped /roll for the main hand..

Svii - Sniper
Impetus Norvegicus
Bloodworthy => ToFN

paowee
04.24.2013 , 01:18 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Svii View Post
Wow.. Just shy of 3k DPS on Thrasher as MM, really nice both of you. I'm switching specs a lot lately, having a lot of fun! Need to concentrate more on one of them for longer periods of time though, my fingers are slipping hehe

I practically live on torparse now, and they also released an in game parser wooo!

Almost got rid of most of my Crit rating too, sitting at 24% with 70% Surge after last night Elite Vendor raid.. now, if my m8s would stop beating my gimped /roll for the main hand..
How are your implants, earpieces and enhancements set up? Near 70% surge.. i'm at 61% right now XD
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Svii
04.24.2013 , 02:41 AM | #73
I want that AMR site back..

Did some thinking and tinkering way too late yesterday, planning for Underworld gearing. Ended up buying 2x Black Market MK-2 Implants with Power Surge and the chest, yes, I had 350 Elite comms rotting away hehe I also have the Cybertech crafted earpiece with massive Cunning/Power/Surge.

Still using 7 or 8 MK-6 Augments with Cunning. I lost a lot of Accuracy which I compensated by getting a 69 Enhancement from the Chest and 2x 28 Accuracy augments. Crazy using augments like that, but look here:

5x 79 Accuracy <items> = 395 Accuracy
2x 28 Accuracy Augments = 56
Total 451 Accuracy which should put me just above 100% once I'm in 168 gear!
Edit: Perhaps 4x 79 enh + 4x 28 Augs are better.. 428 accuracy, need to think about this ^^

Cunning 2900+
Power 1040
Crit 89 (24.08%ish)
Surge 70.xx
Accuracy 411 iirc 99.71% or so
156 rating main hand and 168 offhand

My plan is to switch my Implants/Ear into 168 with Accuracy/Power and remove Accuracy from Enhancements as I acquire upgrades. We'll see what I can get my hands on in the coming months.

Edit: Reasoning: Enhancements are easier to change than Implants/Earpiece.

Svii - Sniper
Impetus Norvegicus
Bloodworthy => ToFN

paowee
04.24.2013 , 12:07 PM | #74
Interesting. The high power Accuracy enhancements are so hard to get. We would need to farm multiple tokens to get those and i think for Snipers it will be the boots and legs (iirc..) I'm planning on getting Acc/Power implants and earpiece to save myself the trouble of farming those Acc/power enhancements. I'll have more power/surge enhancements but those are easier to get to cap.

paowee
04.24.2013 , 12:38 PM | #75
Here are the logs for Titan 6 and Thrasher both as Engineering. Take note Thrasher fight was 100% on the boss without Orbital or AoE on the adds. Around 200 less than the single target ops dummy parse (2951 DPS)

2885 http://www.torparse.com/a/190903/8/0/Damage+Dealt
2739 http://www.torparse.com/a/190903/15/0/Damage+Dealt

Finally got a MH last night! Now time to work on those enhancements. As I get gear I will be aiming for stats similar to Traltz's set up due to the success of his MM in raids. Also i'm going with the info from the math guys and keep my crit relatively close to its "20% soft cap."

Quote:
STATS WISH LIST fully buffed:
Around 67.87% Surge
Around 24.52% - 27.07%
Accuracy is either at 99.97% or 100.27%
Rest into Power
Cunning augments
0 Alacrity rating

paowee
04.24.2013 , 06:20 PM | #76
Updated the OP with Scatter Bomb behavior:

• http://i.imgur.com/I6mhXRC.jpg
  • There will always be this "large" gap between where your 1st bomb drops and your jumping point so be sure to adjust your position accordingly. After the initial "jump" the bombs will drop more evenly throughout what's left of the 18m roll.

http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2...-sniper/page/2

paowee
04.26.2013 , 11:33 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
I think the Writhing Horror is really set up for the hybrid build. It has all of the qualities that makes the hybrid build great; Lots of AOE opportunities, Multi-dotting, and no single-target switching to weaker mobs. That thing burrows so far away so having all of your abilities at 35 meters is a huge advantage. I can pretty much stay in cover the whole time and move only for yellow circle placement and red pools.
1) I take back what i said about Engineering for Writhing Horror bbare! The resutls were good when I was not on jealous male duty, was able to roll on the boss the majority of the time, and was able to place down Orbitals and Probes at the right time on the adds. (note: we Vanished the first red puddle so that no adds came out = DPS loss).

16-man HM Writhing Horror 2896 http://www.torparse.com/a/194392/1/0/Overview versus
# 1 Drūss, MM Sniper, Darth Nihilus, Europe, Frog, 2846.8 DPS

2) Operator IX: As expected the Marksman Sniper in my guild was doing a lot of damage in the early phase of the fight. They can burst and almost instagib the silver adds that spawn in between and during core phases. However I believe Engineering will catch up and do its optimal DPS on the actual boss phase. The hit box is quite huge and the group of silver adds that spawn will be AoEd down quite nicely by your Plasma Probe, Covered Escape, and spammable Frag Grenade. You may slack behind during cores but will catch up during the boss phase (you can crop out torparse to get a more accurate picture of your DPS during the boss phase.

16-man HM Operator IX 2303 http://www.torparse.com/a/194392/20/0/Overview versus
#1 Ycr'ank'nuruodo, Hybrid Sniper, Darth Nihilus, Europe, Ace, 2116.25

CJNJ
05.01.2013 , 12:40 PM | #78
Grats on another sticky! Also as mentioned in other threads what do u think of 2 2piece pvp bonus? 5 ticks of OS sounds pretty if you can keep the boss in 1 spot for 15 sec
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

paowee
05.01.2013 , 01:27 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Grats on another sticky! Also as mentioned in other threads what do u think of 2 2piece pvp bonus? 5 ticks of OS sounds pretty if you can keep the boss in 1 spot for 15 sec
I just bought 2 pcs of Partison gear last night and will swap the mods to parse later tonight. Will do:
  • Simple single target rotation, no cooldowns, no relics with 4 OS ticks versus
  • Simple single target rotation, no cooldowns, no relics with 5 OS ticks (ofc you lose ~40 Cunning by
    wearing the PVP armorings)

Any help and/or math from other people will be great!

bbare
05.01.2013 , 01:35 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
I just bought 2 pcs of Partison gear last night and will swap the mods to parse later tonight. Will do:
  • Simple single target rotation, no cooldowns, no relics with 4 OS ticks versus
  • Simple single target rotation, no cooldowns, no relics with 5 OS ticks (ofc you lose ~40 Cunning by
    wearing the PVP armorings)

Any help and/or math from other people will be great!
I would say that if you do use orbital in consistently when it comes off cooldown, the cunning loss is not going to outweigh the benefits of an extra orbital tick. An engineer/hybrid orbital does about 4000-4500 damage per tick on average depending on gear and lucky crits. Even if you use orbital only every 90 sec, that amounts to about 45 extra dps from an extra tick of orbital (4000/90). I greatly doubt that 40 cunning translates to more than 45 dps. I would say that the pvp set bonuses are worth it if you can use orbital on cooldown or in a reasonable time after it comes off cooldown.
The Vanity Legacy