Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PVE AoE Sniper: The Explosive Engineer [Video]

namesaretough
06.04.2013 , 09:48 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
And after spending a lot of time practicing W + JUMP + ROLL. Good for you if you can but i've given up on it. I'll say it's pushing the boundaries of the word "gimmick" to its limits
I tried for a while and just gave up. I can do it on the fleet, but in a raid? No good.

By the way, where's roovin's kephess parse? That bar keeps getting higher...
Smugglin

DerekDrake
06.05.2013 , 02:07 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
I tried for a while and just gave up. I can do it on the fleet, but in a raid? No good.

By the way, where's roovin's kephess parse? That bar keeps getting higher...
If you tick the box ''Use Quickslots On Key Press" in Controls tab, you will find that pressing Spacebar + roll at the same time works almost always. I tend to press roll key 0.1 sec earlier than jump. I rarely miss one, unless I'm laggin bad.

paowee
06.13.2013 , 09:49 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by DerekDrake View Post
If you tick the box ''Use Quickslots On Key Press" in Controls tab, you will find that pressing Spacebar + roll at the same time works almost always. I tend to press roll key 0.1 sec earlier than jump. I rarely miss one, unless I'm laggin bad.
Back from my F2P hiatus lol. I dont think he wants to do it. He likes MM too much now
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
06.13.2013 , 09:55 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
Hello Paowee

For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to use the term -> Filler -> to denote a choice of abilities to use. Filler consists of your basic auto-attack (Flurry of Bolts/Rifle Shot), Quick/Overload Shot, Flourish/Shatter Shot, or extra Charged Bursts/Snipe (for burn phases). If your team has no one else to apply the 20% armor debuff, use Flourish/Shatter Shot every 2nd rotation. The set of 3 rotations is as follows:

1) Freighter Flyby --> Incendiary Grenade --> Shock Charge --> Vital Shot --> Speed Shot --> Aimed Shot --> Charged Burst --> Filler --> Sabotage Charge --> Speed Shot

2) Incendiary Grenade --> Shock Charge --> Vital Shot --> Filler --> Filler --> Speed Shot --> Aimed Shot --> Charged Burst --> Filler --> Filler --> Speed Shot

3) Incendiary Grenade --> Shock Charge --> Vital Shot --> Filler --> Sabotage Charge --> Speed Shot --> Aimed Shot --> Charged Burst --> Freighter Flyby.

When it comes to Rolling, I simply use it as soon as possible over any other skill listed if I can maximize the damage on it and hopefully not get myself killed.
Yeah those look good man. However i prefer to use SoS a lot so i end up using 2 abilities instead of 3 before SoS. SoS is your highest single target rotation ability so i want to keep it on CD as much as possible. I havent been raiding for several weeks but i think you guys are right in that you include Aimed Shot and Ambush into your rotation. I dont use Ambush in raids because of the long cast time but im taking a 2nd look at it because its very good DPE ability compared to Snipe.

Also a tip to maximize DPS is that:

Whenever you have Adrenaline Probe coming up/available, be sure to do a Snipe spam just before popping your AP. After you do the max dps burst opener (you will see that there is a snipe spam rotation towards the end. You can get in 3 Snipes in a row (or maybe 4?) before SoS comes back up. So Snipe Snipe Snipe (maybe another Snipe) -> AP -> SoS (back to normal single target rotation).

namesaretough
06.13.2013 , 11:32 PM | #165
Back from my F2P hiatus lol. I dont think he wants to do it. He likes MM too much now
Na, back on the hybrid bandwagon Welcome back!
Smugglin

paowee
06.14.2013 , 01:59 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
Na, back on the hybrid bandwagon Welcome back!
Hi everyday! Nooo im still Engi. Losing my touch on DoT spec and MM but i don't mind.

paowee
06.15.2013 , 04:14 AM | #167
I've read some questions about Aimed Shot / Ambush before and i've updated the OP:

Quote:
Priority list - Single Target:
Percentage of damage done http://i.imgur.com/am54RnT.png (3328 parse)
  1. Shatter Shot Flourish Shot
  2. Covered Escape Hightail It
  3. Series of Shots* Speed Shot
  4. Orbital Strike* XS Freighter Flyby
  5. Plasma Probe* Incendiary Grenade
  6. Interrogation Probe Shock Charge
  7. Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge
  8. Corrosive Dart Vital Shot
  9. Ambush*** / Snipe Aimed Shot*** / Charged Burst
  10. Overload Shot Quick Shot when repositioning to maintain 3x Electrified Railgun Blazing Speed stacks

*** there are 2 options for Ambush / Aimed Shot, use it on cooldown and treat it like SoS, or use it as a DPS filler when all your DoTs are up.
As you can see here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=637291

Quote:
Engineering/Saboteur
1. Aeralos - Gunslinger - Saboteur 5/36/5 - 3425
Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/236380/tim...426/0/Overview
2.Evrydayimsmggln - Gunslinger - Saboteur 5/36/5 - 3342.39
Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/248183/tim...795/0/Overview
3. Fenrir - Gunslinger - Saboteur-3276.59
Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/232062/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
they used Ambush / Aimed Shot a lot. I'd personally use Ambush as a DPS filler when all my DoTs are up, but since i did not test it extensively I'll defer to these guys for how to best use this ability.

1) on cd?
2) when 3 dots are up? (PP,IP,CD / IG,SC,VS)
3) when ALL dots are up including SoS / SS on cd? (including 3xER / 3xBS)

editted some stuff as well..
Spoiler

paowee
06.15.2013 , 04:28 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
A question I have:
- Is it worthwhile to get the Conq SA +UW SA relic? Or won't they stack properly?
EDIT: nv, i see that all SA effects are unstackable
It's been nerfed! iirc. Get UW BA / UW SA imo. A good sniper (forgot his name ) swears by UW BA and Arkanian BA too.

Vaidinah
06.15.2013 , 04:33 PM | #169
I've read some questions about Aimed Shot / Ambush before and i've updated the OP:

As you can see here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=637291

they used Ambush / Aimed Shot a lot. I'd personally use Ambush as a DPS filler when all my DoTs are up, but since i did not test it extensively I'll defer to these guys for how to best use this ability.

1) on cd?
2) when 3 dots are up? (PP,IP,CD / IG,SC,VS)
3) when ALL dots are up including SoS / SS on cd? (including 3xER / 3xBS)
My Gunslinger is Aeralos and I listed my rotations in my previous post so I don't consider Aimed Shot/Ambush to be a filler skill for me. I think it's a great skill for energy management and decent damage (if you are above 60 energy before using it) and I try to use it after almost every Speed Shot/Series of Shots (only exception is rotation #2).

However, it is low in my priority list as Rolling, Orbital, our 4 DoTs, Shatter Shot, and Series of shots are all more important IMO. To answer your question specifically, I use Aimed Shot/Ambush like in example #3.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

paowee
06.15.2013 , 07:09 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
My Gunslinger is Aeralos and I listed my rotations in my previous post so I don't consider Aimed Shot/Ambush to be a filler skill for me. I think it's a great skill for energy management and decent damage (if you are above 60 energy before using it) and I try to use it after almost every Speed Shot/Series of Shots (only exception is rotation #2).

However, it is low in my priority list as Rolling, Orbital, our 4 DoTs, Shatter Shot, and Series of shots are all more important IMO. To answer your question specifically, I use Aimed Shot/Ambush like in example #3.
Hah yay #3 is what i was thinking as well. I'll use Ambush / Aimed Shot now when i try to parse. Do you agree with where I placed it in the Single target priority list?

Its below the more important abilities INCLUDING The 3 DoTs. #9 to be exact and sharing its place with Snipe.

Priority list - Single Target:
Shatter Shot Flourish Shot
Covered Escape Hightail It
Series of Shots* Speed Shot
Orbital Strike* XS Freighter Flyby
Plasma Probe* Incendiary Grenade
Interrogation Probe Shock Charge
Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge
Corrosive Dart Vital Shot
Ambush Aimed Shot
Snipe Charged Burst***
Auto attack
Overload Shot Quick Shot when repositioning to maintain 3x Electrified Railgun Blazing Speed stacks