Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most hated and most loved ability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Most hated and most loved ability

Kaedusz
03.27.2013 , 06:49 PM | #31
my main is mercenary and my ''main alt'' is powertech so:
best:
retractable blade ,because of the Predator association and its warrior like feel

fusion missile because of the animation and sound,(although strangely enough it seems to trigger only in pvp ,and outside of warzones there is no sound) ,there is something infinitely badas$ about that animation

worst:
tracer missile ,because of the animation (wish they swap them back),
its too boring and uninteresting for a major skill point.Such animation deserves to be for an ability trained by bounty hunters before level 6 or something or as it was before the swap,for the fusion missile ability

Immolate,nothing wrong with the animation itself but the flames are too big for a single target ability with not very impressive damage

tanerb
03.27.2013 , 10:49 PM | #32
i am a very new player, playing only for a week now at level 14. my favorite is defintely rapid shot (yeah sounds bad i know no one said it) , followed by unload. power shot is totally useless for me, feels very slow and ineffective. my third one is the street fighter hadouken punch. death from above is ok but so far i rarely had that many enemies staying together. and sweeping blasters somehow always manage to miss

Jenzali
03.28.2013 , 01:24 PM | #33
Unload drives me insane with how buggy it is. If you kill a target with it before the duration is over you'll be animation-locked for several seconds and can't do anything else.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

JimmyTheCannon
03.28.2013 , 02:15 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
i am a very new player, playing only for a week now at level 14. my favorite is defintely rapid shot (yeah sounds bad i know no one said it) , followed by unload. power shot is totally useless for me, feels very slow and ineffective. my third one is the street fighter hadouken punch. death from above is ok but so far i rarely had that many enemies staying together. and sweeping blasters somehow always manage to miss
At your level, Power Shot should be your fallback when all of your other abilities are on cooldown. It's actually good damage.

Everything misses a lot at that level, too. Difference is Sweeping Blasters has so many "attack rolls" in it that you notice the misses more.

Slicksteezin
03.29.2013 , 07:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Sweeping Blasters is an essential part of an AOE rotation. It can knock back weaks and standards (like DFA). However, it *is* weaker than your other AOEs - because they all have cooldowns and SB is spammable.
This isn't true. Sweeping blasters lose it's efficiency because of the ridiculous heat cost. If you're in a hurry to dish out AOE dmg: missile dart, death from above and power surge + fusion missile is way more viable.
Gallasiso - Arsenal merc
Frimen - Sorc heals
Harbinger server

Here in SWTOR, everything seems to break. Except the Cartel Market.

JCotharn
03.30.2013 , 04:13 PM | #36
Favorite-Rail shot, love the wind up and then.....BANG

Least Favorite-Unload

JimmyTheCannon
03.30.2013 , 06:57 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
This isn't true. Sweeping blasters lose it's efficiency because of the ridiculous heat cost. If you're in a hurry to dish out AOE dmg: missile dart, death from above and power surge + fusion missile is way more viable.
I agree it's inefficient because of the heat cost, but I think it's also a little weaker than your other ones because it doesn't have a cooldown.

SB is your fallback when all your good AOEs are on cooldown. Don't expect it to be the best one.

midianlord
04.04.2013 , 08:11 AM | #38
Favourites:

Rail Shot -- One of the best sound-effects in the game (after Wounding Shots for the Smuggler/Slinger/Dirty Fighting tree), and oh, what a beautiful finisher. Almost always up for me as an Arsen-merc, too!

Unload -- just pure bad-***, with the wrists crossed and arms pumping (although directed-energy weapons shouldn't have kick-back, but whatev' ) Huge damage if Barrage proc's, also, which it often does for me.

Tracer-Missile -- Yeah, yeah, yeah; Deal with it! (And I like the current animation better, too.)

Heat-seeker Missile -- 4-5k HP damage with 5 Tracer stacks, Oya!

Explosive Dart -- /Me giggles madly...U B URP-SPLODING TO DEATH NAO!

Death From Above -- Everything about this one just makes me grin

Un-Favourites:

Missile Blast -- Too much heat, not enough damage, though occasionally useful when trying to kite, or finishing off trash-mobs (its knockdown against trash will also free up Rail Shot, however.).

Fusion Missile -- I love its functionality, but the animation just makes me go "meh." This should be much more dramatic and grim. (Keep Tracer Missile's animation as-is, please!)

Power Shot -- Again, nice functionality --and equal chance to proc Barrage with same heat-cost and casting time as TM. But TM is more useful for the armour de-buff, and all 5 stacks can make for an insta-cast heal-scan-- but sound and animation are just, in the words of Darth Zash, dull-dull-dull-dull-DULL!

Sweeping Blasters -- This is much more useful for a Pyro-Merc if your burn-effects are up, but I see this as mainly a social ability to show off on the Fleet when everyone's gathered around the PvP-mission terminal :/ Pity, because it looks almost as brutally evil as Unload, and the animation is nowhere near as lock-/delay-bugged.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

DarthBloodloss
04.04.2013 , 12:57 PM | #39
Sweeping Blasters is awesome for stopping node caps. If you aren't overheated, you can drop 3, 4, or 5 in a row at a door or node. Not sure if any other class can "emergency cap stop" as good as a Merc with Sweeping Blasters since its 30m, instant, AoE, and spammable.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Koyaanisqat
04.04.2013 , 03:31 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Sweeping Blasters is awesome for stopping node caps. If you aren't overheated, you can drop 3, 4, or 5 in a row at a door or node. Not sure if any other class can "emergency cap stop" as good as a Merc with Sweeping Blasters since its 30m, instant, AoE, and spammable.
Yup. Most people will interrupt your DFA because it's so damned obvious. They won't do it with sweeping blasters.

I feel it should be longer though, like the Gunslinger's variation.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").