Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning on high population servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warning on high population servers

Torlek_Maru
12.20.2011 , 03:31 PM | #21
What about Vanjervalis Chain (German RP-PvE)? 4 evenings in a row with 2 - 4 hours queuing ... will there be Charactertransfer for this server too or only for the servers you mentioned in your post?
7th Order
"...the best is yet to come..."

Akira_Saya
12.20.2011 , 03:31 PM | #22
You may add Star Map for the french servers. Since tonight, the queue is almost the same than on Hraket Rift.
Webmaster de JediHealer
Erudit Spé Heal / Membre de Light Legacy
Star Map
[Twitter]

Anecdote
12.20.2011 , 03:32 PM | #23
Thanks for the update.
Blame for error always lies with those who act; those who do nothing, what do they have to be wrong about?

madsklitgaard
12.20.2011 , 03:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.
Today? Tomorrow? In a week?
° Sith Sorcerer °

Zofura
12.20.2011 , 03:33 PM | #25
I am actually very impressed with this response, bravo sir!

statefull
12.20.2011 , 03:33 PM | #26
Quote:
The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE
The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP
These are the unofficial Australian servers.

We're trying to jam an entire countries-woth of players onto two servers; obviously they're going to be flooded.

Unfortunately, in the absence of designated Oceanic servers the our desire to play with as many people in our timezone as possible means we're going to congregate together means we're going to congregate on those servers.

While I understand that you have not launched here yet, and may see that as a reason not to work too hard to support us, I don't think most of us will see rolling on random low pop servers, and being dispersed among a much higher percentage of US-based players, as a viable or attractive alternative.

Perhaps a few US servers could be flagged as "Oceanic" purely to help us gather? Otherwise I am sure the Australian / RedZone community will pick one as a tertiary (after Jek'something, which is already the secondary).

Neimi
12.20.2011 , 03:33 PM | #27
Yeaah an update!!
Tho can i ask u Mr. Reid why aint there 2nd English RPPVP serverin Europe? (germany and french maybe as well but rest of europe is 4 times as big as those two countries.)
There's a queue for it already since thursday on peak hours, and today since launch whole day!
European time of course (wich somehow i get a feeling doesn't get monitored much untill u guys wake up :P no offense further tho).
But i would gladly reroll to a 2nd English Rppvp server in Europe. Feeling a bit left out at the moment with the release of todays new servers.
*We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.*

Rakorion
12.20.2011 , 03:33 PM | #28
Vote for Vanjarwalis Chain... man your right!

swerls
12.20.2011 , 03:33 PM | #29
Prophecy of Five could be added to this list, always one of the top couple queue times (and I don't mean tied with all the other ones, longer) At 9:15 this morning EST it was one of the only ones with a queue
Cor'jinn - Jedi Shadow, Guildmaster of Audacity

DukeDiem
12.20.2011 , 03:34 PM | #30
Thanks a lot for the update!
For many people just knowing that the issues is worked on and acknowledged helps a lot. I see well the reason for why things are done as they are (re: not full cap at start to make people roll elsewhere)... and it would have probably been quite fine if it was not those two bugs that keep popping up when queing... making one spend (now in total) days not hours in que.

All that leads to more people not loggin out ever, thus making the problem larger.

You guys are looking at huge figures you take in from us in the years to come, so hire a few extra guys to take on the simple tasks, and put the brains in the outfit to fix those ASAP. Will save a lot of time and frustration in the long run =D