Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning on high population servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warning on high population servers

StephenReid
12.20.2011 , 04:04 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarij View Post
Yet no update on the Taris Memory Leak Scandal. But +1 For the rest
That issue is among our top three issues for development right now (right next to our 'pending quests' bug) and should be fixed by tomorrow, barring any last minute issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by madsklitgaard View Post
Today? Tomorrow? In a week?
I don't want to commit to even a rough ETA on that, but I'm hearing it's going well. It's being actively worked on.

Quote: Originally Posted by statefull View Post
Perhaps a few US servers could be flagged as "Oceanic" purely to help us gather? Otherwise I am sure the Australian / RedZone community will pick one as a tertiary (after Jek'something, which is already the secondary).
Or perhaps we could officially launch in those territories. See another post incoming very soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by spyroot View Post
if i'll create a new character on a new server with a light population how you could secure that next day I will not experience the same issue. i.e 2-4-6 hour queue. I think this is a main question that you need to ask yourself.
Generally speaking, we haven't seen any servers go from empty to full (with large queues) inside a day. In fact, we have some servers that still have 'standard' load now and haven't moved from there since they came up during Early Game Access.

Ikox
12.20.2011 , 04:06 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

How about keeping to the truth, the problem is with BW, not with the customer, stick to the f.........cking fact for a change.

a good % of your customers are dc'ing from the gameservers, while ingame, multiple times a day, this only started happening today , after your long maintance, not only that but i have never disconnected from a queue before today, now ive disconnected 3 times from a queue, only just to start from scratch.

That and ive had 4 disconnects while i was ingame, though all with very short queues , except for the last one, then i had to start all over in the queue, and now 3 dc's from that queue making me start all over again.
Ikox
Tera's Kasi Elder
Europe-Chimera

joric
12.20.2011 , 04:06 PM | #93
Its a no-win situation for BW, they lower server pop cap=qq. They raise it and servers crash=qq. New players that for whatever reason that didn't pre-order and then on top of that didn't join brand new servers made for them so everyone can start even, its beyond my understanding.
Jorrik
Mercenary
Squadron 11-11-11

Gimlichael
12.20.2011 , 04:09 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.
At least this is good news - it's bad that it can occur, but it's good it's have high attention.

RaptorClown
12.20.2011 , 04:09 PM | #95
imo u miss some servers there but whatever.

Gimlichael
12.20.2011 , 04:11 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikox View Post
How about keeping to the truth, the problem is with BW, not with the customer, stick to the f.........cking fact for a change.

a good % of your customers are dc'ing from the gameservers, while ingame, multiple times a day, this only started happening today , after your long maintance, not only that but i have never disconnected from a queue before today, now ive disconnected 3 times from a queue, only just to start from scratch.

That and ive had 4 disconnects while i was ingame, though all with very short queues , except for the last one, then i had to start all over in the queue, and now 3 dc's from that queue making me start all over again.
I agree - problem started today within the last 4-6 hours - at least here in Europe (The Progrenior).

normandie
12.20.2011 , 04:12 PM | #97
Thanks for the info the queues have been way to long and I would love a character transfer so I can move my toons to a very small srever.

Tengan
12.20.2011 , 04:12 PM | #98
I'm curious to why so many EU servers are "over populated" but maybe not surprised....

Ramuaz
12.20.2011 , 04:14 PM | #99
Quote:
At the same time, higher population servers will not be 'locked' because we want to allow people to join a server to play with their friends if they wish to.
So you'd rather allow EGA and non-EGA players to sit in hour/multiple hour long queues instead?

Merex
12.20.2011 , 04:14 PM | #100
Thank you for addressing the issue of disconnecting and having to wait in queues again. This is more annoying than having queues imo.