Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

As many of you know, we're experiencing high load and corresponding queues on some servers. This is to be expected during launch, as a high number of people want to play the game, and for long stretches at a time.

We're monitoring all of our servers around the clock, and we're raising server population caps where required. However, to ensure our long-term goals of server stability and healthy populations, we do not want to raise population caps too rapidly. We want incoming players to populate lower population servers. At the same time, higher population servers will not be 'locked' because we want to allow people to join a server to play with their friends if they wish to.

With this in mind, we wanted to notify everyone of some consistently high population servers. These servers are closing in on their absolute population cap (the maximum amount of players who can be on the server at any given time) and will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak play times.

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

US-based servers

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE

The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

The Fatman – US East Coast - PvP

EU-based servers

Bloodworthy – EU English - PvP

Frostclaw – EU English - PvE

Legions of Lettow – EU English - PvP

The Red Eclipse – EU English - PvE

Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English - PvP

Darth Revan's Mask – EU German - PvP

Darth Traya – EU German - PvP

Jar'Kai Sword - EU German - PvP

Hrakert Rift – EU French - PvP

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

Thank god...

Edited by misereor

Our guild was assigned to The Harbinger, we would happily move to another server if the whole guild (and our allied guild) could be transferred wholesale. I'm somewhat disappointed at that distribution of guilds across servers. Since pre-registered guilds were only assigned to the initial set of servers, those servers are saddled with high queues while a dozen or more servers brought up since that had no guilds assigned to them have "light" populations. While it's too late to re-do the guild assignments now, I hope any character transfer options take into account guild assignments.

Something else that should be done is some servers should be created in the Oceanic timezone and locale. A significant contributor to the servers listed above is that most of them are the ones that have been declared as "unofficial Oceanic servers". If some official oceanic servers were to be created that should help alleviate the issue, especially if existing oceanic players are given an opportunity to move (neither I, nor my guildies are oceanic in nature, we're all US based, and had incredibly bad luck in our server assignment...)

My guild was assigned to the harbinger through the pre-launch program (we are a US west coast guild also not oceanic). We would be happy to accept a free guild transfer to a low population server.

Since this placement was through no fault of our own (was through the pre launch program) I don't feel we should have to pay for this service. However if I can get the entire guild moved in one move I would be willing to fork the cash over for it.

Edited by Quira

Me and my brother have been waiting a total of 6 hours today with maximum play session of an hour due to disconnects.

Without the grace periode in, we are spending most of our time looking at a wait queue, cause we are afraid we might get logged out for being afk.....

We didnt experience any disconnects during beta, and we are practicly in awe of the service we are receiving right now. I dont understand why u just dont make a damn queue system for creating a character instead of harrasing the allready playing populace.

Uhm im in que for about 1 hour now and it is not on your list so basicly u want to increase the que on a server where the que is allready 1 hour?

I am sorry i do not have the time to wait 1h or more when i get back from work to be able to play.

Of course me and my brother are on Harbinger (it was empty when we started playing lol)

Might opt for a transfer if/when that becomes a possibility. Don't belong to a guild and don't mind moving

+1 for Bioware responding to the issue on the launch day, they could have continued to remain silent

Today? Tomorrow? In a week?