Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

Josewales's Avatar


Josewales
03.19.2013 , 07:15 AM | #51
Peeps who ask for more evidence are looking awfully suspicious!

Tommey's Avatar


Tommey
03.19.2013 , 07:38 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Thread title:
"So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking"

Is banning someone meaningful? Is breaking the speedhack from a year ago (which the vid dates show Bioware have done) meaningful action? Perhaps you'd be satisfied with Bioware launching a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Gingers' house? Sadly the UN may object - after the event - if they tried the latter.

What evidence there is, shows hacking isn't a great problem. Which is rather the point.

Look, I'm a bit irritted, but trying not to be abrasive as I don't really want to have a go at you. I'm just trying to point out that cheating isn't as widespread as a section of players seem to think (and reinforce that belief by telling each other it is). You really seemed to think that Youtube was full of videos showing the game was riddled with cheating - it isn't, as our exchange has shown.

I enjoy the game, and PvP, and I really would like more people to enjoy it too. That's why I'm going on trying to show that PvP ISN'T ruined by rampant cheating (it might be ruined by rampant Smashing, or expertise, or gear, or nerfs to Crit, or even teams of stunlocking ops, but that's another matter and probably just down to opinion).

If you go back and try PvP with an open mind, accept that lag happens, the game's a bit buggy, sometimes you're simply outmatched, and there are an awful lot of abilites to keep track of so not everything is cheating - then you might find you're enjoying yourself. Which would be a Good Thing, from everyone's point of view.
I also enjoy pvp, but every time I pvp on POTF I run into at least one warzone where someone is hacking. When I say hacking I don’t mean lag or any other form of it that could maybe be mistaken for “lag". I'm talking full on speed hacking from one side of the map to the other. It's hard to enjoy pvp when stuff like that is happening on a daily basis and judging by how many threads that have been created discussing the issue it seems like it is actually a great problem that needs to be addressed.

As for the YouTube argument, YouTube is a valid source of video proof, but your right there is not a ton of videos, however there are still a few videos that actually capture hacking in progress. I was just hoping that would hush the people asking for video proof.

I don't get why some people choose to turn the other cheek on this issue. It is affecting people’s gameplay in a negative manner and it is not an issue that should be shoved under the rug. Judging by all of the threads there are about it this is widespread issue.

jediharrsion's Avatar


jediharrsion
03.19.2013 , 08:41 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
As you claim to much on a public forum, if you have proof then please show us but until that day comes you are wasting your breath i am afraid. How is anyone supposed to believe you when all they have to go on is a forum post? You need to be realistic here mate
your just in denial, your say these claims of hacking are false just to cover your own butt. becouse you know your guilty

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
03.19.2013 , 09:01 PM | #54
Oh, the rampant hacking that I've never seen in soon to be 600 valor levels and across three servers again. Here I've been blaming the piss poor balancing and matchmking system for to some degree ruining my experience when it has been the hacks all along.

Or maybe I'm just immune from too much Halo 2 Now those were hacks.

Hacks are like the UFO's of Swtor. There's a decent camera on every smarthphone these days yet all we get are blurry pictures of something in the sky. It's like every UFO hunter out there is running around with grandpa's camera from 1963....or perhaps UFO's are blurry by nature. Same applies to hacks, tons of people are streaming and capping but no one can present unquestionable proof.

Rincewend's Avatar


Rincewend
03.19.2013 , 09:07 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Oh, the rampant hacking that I've never seen in soon to be 600 valor levels and across three servers again. Here I've been blaming the piss poor balancing and matchmking system for to some degree ruining my experience when it has been the hacks all along.

Or maybe I'm just immune from too much Halo 2 Now those were hacks.
Yeah COD MW2 was the only thing in recent memory that topped Halo 2. Still gives me the shakes...

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
03.19.2013 , 09:09 PM | #56
I was accused of using a damage hack on my commando today.

Apparently if a marauder is silly enough to just stand there and let me get off a full rotation, at which point they die from it, I am a hacker.

FromAbove's Avatar


FromAbove
03.19.2013 , 09:15 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by jediharrsion View Post
your just in denial, your say these claims of hacking are false just to cover your own butt. becouse you know your guilty
Phenomenal argumentation. Absolutely irrefutable. Someone disagrees with your position? CLEARLY A CHEATER! And this ridiculous (and offensive) stance even has backers. Jediharrsion, if someone accused you of cheating and you denied it, would you then employ this argument to implicate yourself?

I only came back to the game recently and haven't done a lot of 50s PvP since my return, but I can say pretty unequivocally that lowbie PvP on Harbinger is hardly riddled with hacks. Unless the occasional lag-spikes are being caused by cheaters, in which case let's get 'em. Is this a PvP Server-only problem? Apologies if this is meant to refer to 50s or PvP-server WZs only, but the only problems I run into--and I'm far, far from leet and set my achievement bar pretty low--are players who don't even try using CC to guard caps and node-campers. Well, that and DPSers who swing less than 60k total damage in semi-balanced and combat-heavy WZs, which I think is impossible. Maybe they're cheating? Double-agents or traitors, for example. Because you can't possibly be using even a few of your abilities and be that ineffective, can you?

iDerrien's Avatar


iDerrien
03.19.2013 , 10:25 PM | #58
anyone denying the existance of hacks is obviously too dumb to use google.

one specific, wellknown website in particular has everything described and even more.

jediharrsion's Avatar


jediharrsion
03.20.2013 , 01:16 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by FromAbove View Post
Phenomenal argumentation. Absolutely irrefutable. Someone disagrees with your position? CLEARLY A CHEATER! And this ridiculous (and offensive) stance even has backers. Jediharrsion, if someone accused you of cheating and you denied it, would you then employ this argument to implicate yourself?

I only came back to the game recently and haven't done a lot of 50s PvP since my return, but I can say pretty unequivocally that lowbie PvP on Harbinger is hardly riddled with hacks. Unless the occasional lag-spikes are being caused by cheaters, in which case let's get 'em. Is this a PvP Server-only problem? Apologies if this is meant to refer to 50s or PvP-server WZs only, but the only problems I run into--and I'm far, far from leet and set my achievement bar pretty low--are players who don't even try using CC to guard caps and node-campers. Well, that and DPSers who swing less than 60k total damage in semi-balanced and combat-heavy WZs, which I think is impossible. Maybe they're cheating? Double-agents or traitors, for example. Because you can't possibly be using even a few of your abilities and be that ineffective, can you?
Excuse me but why are you nameing me in your post? i'm guessing from what i just finished reading that your on the harbinger server?

FromAbove's Avatar


FromAbove
03.20.2013 , 08:54 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by jediharrsion View Post
Excuse me but why are you nameing me in your post? i'm guessing from what i just finished reading that your on the harbinger server?
Because I was quoting your post, which takes the stance that to disagree with accusations of hacking is to be guilty of hacking.