Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

DarthOvertone
03.12.2013 , 11:38 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
And don't tell me to report them because that doesn't solve the problem.

By the time they are reported the damage is done and the match is over. Then there's the investigation which takes who knows how long.
So instead of doing what you should do, you make a QQ post on the Forums.

That's the way to get things done and show dem hackers what was who! gg
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphawood - Guardian | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Capt_Beers
03.12.2013 , 12:23 PM | #32
I know there is hacks in this game. I been in WZ's with Gingers. But I really doubt there are as many as you are claiming. I rarely see anything out of place if at all.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 55 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

PeaceKeePin
03.12.2013 , 12:35 PM | #33
Posting Video doesn't do much either, even if they are hacking, I've posted 3 of the same guy hacking and the thread got deleted even when it's Obvious. and they are still there doing the same thing. and his guildies back him up saying it's not a hack it's Guardian leap, even it's its a 200meter leap. Yeah ok....
Brealin Level 50 Guardian
Raelin Level 50 Commando
Shawty Level 50 Gunslinger

Purple-Punch
03.12.2013 , 07:17 PM | #34
They are banning people for 1 week on first TOS violation .. I know people that have gotten the 1 week suspensions .. if they keep doing it, they will be perma-banned .. trust me, the system is working .. especially as of late ..

DarthFamine
03.13.2013 , 01:53 PM | #35
sure doesn't seem that way
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Coolhandmik
03.14.2013 , 02:13 AM | #36
Here's how u can tell if somethings being done, or you just wrong. Player "Aaaaaa" you suspect of cheating/hacking/exploiting you report them with a description of the event. When you get that freaking stupid generated email from BW saying that they'll look into this but won't say anything about it, try /ignoring "Aaaaaa". If you are right "Aaaaaa does not exsist" will pop up. If not, you just ignore him. Now as said before the first time odds are they geta week suspension followed by a ban, so you may just see them again after a bit. I personally know of 27 players as of today that have been perma-banned (or cancelled accounts wither way win). I do go back into old tickets and check. 1 guy was so tenacious (and stupid) he started a new account 3 different times and leveled a different toon all the way to 50.. He then shows up in one of my wz's with the exact same stupid name +/- a letter or 2, and hes hacking again. 2 of those toons are banned, and the 3rd is currently at 50 and he is playing clean for now. Point is, it may not be as "permenant" as we'd hope, but they as getting their butt kicked for it. I have been wrong in the past when reporting someone, but when whole guilds fall under the ban hammer I know BW is making strides (slow albeit).

On a side note, as sick as i am about the cheats in this game, i'm even sicker of so called "elitists" saying L2p!! Either your not observant/aware enough to notice the subtle cheats people use and have used since this game started (i.e. stealth/insta caps, lag throttles, teleports, speed hacks that dont have to be super speed they can be subtle speed hacks as well, and now scripts, etc.), or you are using them and just want to create distrust in what honest, fed-up players are experiencing and venting about. And stop asking for "video or it didnt happen"! I'm not wasting performance on my already old pc just to violate the tos and be just as guilty as the others. I don't name names, I'm not going to record them! So quit trolling, and if you don't have a problem with hackers **** and go about your business.

Hacks do exsist, alot of players use them, and that number has grown significantly since free to play. There's not a day that goes by when something happens. Its time we demand proper attention be paid to pvp in general (balance issues, exploits, hacks, etc.) Until Bw decides to take decisive action, devote significant resourses to pvp instead of focusing on pve, and get in-game managment (game masters or whatever they're called) nothing will change and subcriptions will be lost. For all its flaws I truly enjoy the game, but lets do something please!

TongX
03.14.2013 , 02:37 AM | #37
Achtung Jedi -->
Blocking on a Week, if used SpeedHack !!

Gankstah
03.14.2013 , 02:42 AM | #38
I was accused of speed hacking today.

Apparently my accusers, from my own team, weren't aware of the speed boost pickup in Void Star.

Zjabin
03.14.2013 , 03:49 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
I was accused of speed hacking today.

Apparently my accusers, from my own team, weren't aware of the speed boost pickup in Void Star.
Cool story. What's your point?

Arutar
03.14.2013 , 04:01 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Zjabin View Post
Cool story. What's your point?
His point is that many people confuse certain legimate abilities / lags / bugs for hacks.

I know I have in the past (seeing someone intervene to stealthed character for the first time = teleport hack)