Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

DarthBama
03.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheike View Post
Link to video evidence or it didn't happen.
That is probably the fastest way to have your thread removed.

Haystak
03.10.2013 , 02:51 PM | #22
Im starting to believe the rumors that people are payed by other MMO's to troll the competitions forums with accusations of hacks. Its just a guy or group of guys who spend 4 hours a day trying to discredit the developers of other MMOs.

I wouldnt be surprised if their headquarters is right next to the gold farming warehouses in china, but then again their guys english is a step up from them, so maybe canadia instead.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

Angel_of_Cain
03.10.2013 , 04:21 PM | #23
Nope.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

Caeliux
03.10.2013 , 04:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
That is probably the fastest way to have your thread removed.
^

Exactly.

gocard
03.10.2013 , 04:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordmird View Post
Speed hack= Predation
Damage hack= You have poor gear
Teleport hack= Your camera panning skills are not leet enough to track a person while they run away, therefore resulting in a "They were right here, and now they're over there" moment. This of course, is undoubtedly, "Teleport hack".
Not completely fair. Lag looks a lot like teleportation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fiMQ1x8btc

After watching the video closely and seeing when the stun is broken, I don't think there was any hack involved, but it sure felt like it in game.
The Eto'o Legacy | Harbinger
Neymar - Shadow | Nymar - Sentinel | Nymar - Vanguard | Nymar - Powertech
Huttball Videos

Sathid
03.10.2013 , 05:25 PM | #26
I know for a fact that the teleport and a few other hacks etc are detected by BW and they ban accounts,i havent seen any hacks in months since BW started doing something on their end.

JouerTue
03.10.2013 , 05:31 PM | #27
i always played online games and honestly i never noticed something fishy on Wz....and in every game with a big player base or a script problem, actions were taken to slow down/stop the scripters..i think that's simply lag..and don't forget that don't being able to inspect the enemy can change your idea about stats or damage..you can never know if a guy has a nar-shaddaa slave outfit with full EWH inside..

DeadDogBarking
03.10.2013 , 08:44 PM | #28
How much questionable game play is just the ghost in the machine.

I have an older high end machine; and I know for a fact lag is sometimes hard to tell from FPS or how my machine and the servers run processes. I have been in PVE play and had my companion fighting invisible enemies that are not using an in game cloaking ability. My tin-foil hat crafting skill must be really high if I start to blame NPS's for using hacks.

As far as PVP, I was revived in a WZ and was not there. I could only see my fire from weapons and AOE symbols. I was able to go right into the middle of a fight and start dealing but not receiving damage (this all happened when I was running 3-9 fps). I also notice when running low fps, I am not able to target with qwik keys or my target lock breaks. Mine and the other players movement and ability speeds/cooldowns are not predictable or appear to be in sync. My machine does make spec, but for many possible reasons the appearance of a hack may be created in game play. (Machine compatibility and its affect on other users is another topic)

There is the reality of knowing that somebody has so little self esteem and so much time on their hands that they want to exploit these possibilities for hacking the game (that whole teams of the top 5% of game designers and product manufacturers have the time to predict/solve or have to leave open for compatibility).

Why cheat if some ones skills are at this level. They must have major real-life issues to work at fabricating a hack to gain an advantage against other people in an imaginary game (or have major financial motivation). If some one needs to bypass all of the already easily accesible and EULA legal ways to gain an advantage in any MMO, they need to seek real help.

TongX
03.11.2013 , 03:16 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by darksidechemist View Post
I just wanna know when if ever are they going to take some real action on this issue?
<-- +1 This question is of interest to many

DarthFamine
03.12.2013 , 02:18 AM | #30
still waiting
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com