Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG] Creeping Terror not Equal to Sage Equivalent

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
[BUG] Creeping Terror not Equal to Sage Equivalent

AdmiralParmesan
03.11.2013 , 04:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Methanos View Post
You've seen them "miss?" How could you have seen them miss? The ability doesn't 'miss'...

On my sage, I've never once had Sever Force fail to apply. Within an hour of speccing it on my 50 sorc, I noticed it failing to apply.
The ability can miss. Every one has a base defense of 5% with sorcs having a base of 10% and snipers with 20 while in cover. That means with 101% force accuracy you have a 4% chance to miss on every dot tick on your standard target.

Back on topic though, this needs to be tested. Soonerjbd you have a sorc and sage correct? Can you test both abilities in a duel and see which is there is any targeting difference?
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

AdmiralParmesan
03.11.2013 , 04:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Creeping terror attacks directly in front and 90` to the right and left like every other targeted instant in the game.

If what you're saying is true, sever force is bugged. The only skills I can think of that can be activated directly behind you while moving are heals/bubbles/cleanses/guards/target-free aoe/mouse target aoe's (things of that nature). I know of no other targeted instant attack that does what you're suggesting.
Affliction can be used omni-directionally
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Methanos
03.11.2013 , 05:38 PM | #23
I know for a fact that Sever Force can be used omni-directionally, as I've often lamented that Force Slow doesn't work in the same way.

And yes, I should have been more clear. I do rarely get a 'resist' from SF, but the skill still activates and goes onto cooldown. Creeping Terror won't even activate from behind.

Sosajoshua
03.11.2013 , 06:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
You're confusing force in balance with sever force.

FiB= Death Field (aoe that's targeted with a mouse and can be used in any direction)

Sever Force = creeping terror (targeted instant dot that roots)
I actually knew exactly what I was talking anout. Obviously FiB and DF can miss what I meant was is a Sage being chased by me will not always land a SF if he doesnt at least pivot himself for a closer scope at me. Yes its possible to hit a target behind you because ive done it with CT as long as i was close enough to them and they were targeted
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Methanos
03.11.2013 , 06:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
I actually knew exactly what I was talking anout. Obviously FiB and DF can miss what I meant was is a Sage being chased by me will not always land a SF if he doesnt at least pivot himself for a closer scope at me. Yes its possible to hit a target behind you because ive done it with CT as long as i was close enough to them and they were targeted
I have just re-tested Sever Force on my sage in PvP. I can categorically confirm that Sever Force is totally omni-directional.

Sosajoshua
03.11.2013 , 08:25 PM | #26
I have just re-tested Sever Force on my sage in PvP. I can categorically confirm that Sever Force is totally omni-directional.
Show me a video of you playing on both your Sage and Sorc and ill shutup
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

SoonerJBD
03.11.2013 , 09:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Back on topic though, this needs to be tested. Soonerjbd you have a sorc and sage correct? Can you test both abilities in a duel and see which is there is any targeting difference?
I tested this tonight in both PvP and PvE, and I can confirm what Methanos has said.

As a Sage, you can be running away from someone and cast Sever Force. As a Sorc, when you try this it says "Not facing target" in big red letters. This appears to be a bug one way or the other.

Affliction and Weaken Mind can both be cast while facing away from the target, so they are working properly.

Please send a bug report on this in-game. If many people do so, it increases the change they will fix it.

Methanos
03.12.2013 , 02:48 AM | #28
Well, let's hope they bring Creeping Terror in line with the Sage version, as it's a small function that makes a world of difference to kiting (which can be challenging enough anyway).

glocklB
03.27.2013 , 03:49 AM | #29
So, my main is a DPS Balance Sage. I use the capstone skill - Sever Force - as my bread and butter for killing melee classes. On a Sage, this ability can be used omni-directionally, so you can run and root without facing your target.

I have recently levelled a Sorc to 50, and was surprised to find that this is not the case for the Sorc equivalent - Creeping Terror - for which you must face your target to apply the effect.

Now, I have no idea which of these reflects the intentional skill function, but I would certainly hope it is the Sage version. Creeping Terror's uni-directional usage makes kiting players in PvP 100% more difficult, to the extent that it's actually enough to make me rethink speccing this skill altogether. When pounced upon my a Concealment Operative for instance, I run and root... on a Sorc dps, the few seconds you spend turning to root your target can make a world of difference, when distance is key to your survival.

I find it odd that nobody has noticed this till now, unless it's in a thread somewhere which I haven't seen...
Nevermind
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

steave
03.30.2013 , 08:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
The ability can miss. Every one has a base defense of 5% with sorcs having a base of 10% and snipers with 20 while in cover. That means with 101% force accuracy you have a 4% chance to miss on every dot tick on your standard target.

Defense doesn't work on force and tech attacks, only resist do, and resist chance is very rare and never goes above 2% (except for a few seconds when an assassin uses force shroud or the shadow equivalent).