Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[BUG] Creeping Terror not Equal to Sage Equivalent

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[BUG] Creeping Terror not Equal to Sage Equivalent

FrumpytheClown's Avatar


FrumpytheClown
03.10.2013 , 06:36 PM | #11
The Shock animation may be an issue, but all the two Sage abilities where they throw pebbles and grab something form the ground and throw it, does different TYPES of damage. Sorcs Shock and Force Lightning does Energy while the Sage goes Kinetic. Is this correct first of all, because if it is, I will continue my point.
"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion..." Ghandi was peaceful, now he is dead. Ghangis Khan was passionate and nearly conquered the known world.

Methanos's Avatar


Methanos
03.10.2013 , 08:52 PM | #12
Again, regardless of your point, I made this thread to highlight the bugged inconsistency between Sever Force and Creeping Terror so please don't derail the topic.

If you want to discuss general class balance issues, take it to General Discussion.

FrumpytheClown's Avatar


FrumpytheClown
03.11.2013 , 03:45 AM | #13
I am supporting your topic by agreeing with you, also bringing up another similar power issue.
"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion..." Ghandi was peaceful, now he is dead. Ghangis Khan was passionate and nearly conquered the known world.

Sosajoshua's Avatar


Sosajoshua
03.11.2013 , 08:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Methanos View Post
Again, regardless of your point, I made this thread to highlight the bugged inconsistency between Sever Force and Creeping Terror so please don't derail the topic.

If you want to discuss general class balance issues, take it to General Discussion.
The animation is different. That's. About. It.

Sage and Sorcs are mirrors the same way Commandos and Mercs are. Yeah how they use their abilities are different (rifles vs dual blasters; projectiles/energy vs lightning) but the same abilities, gear, trees, gameplay concept is allthe same way. Lol probably the only real difference ive seen on my server is the healer to dps ratio of Sages is like 4:1 in PvP as opposed to Imperial side. I dont think i had a single pvp match last week where i didnt see the "3-healer, smashers" combo. I agree that the lightning makes more of a show and so you become more obvious but thats it
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Methanos's Avatar


Methanos
03.11.2013 , 08:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
The animation is different. That's. About. It.
Well, that and the fact that Sever Force can be activated omni-directionally, and Creeping Terror only uni-directionally...

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
03.11.2013 , 02:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FrumpytheClown View Post
The Shock animation may be an issue, but all the two Sage abilities where they throw pebbles and grab something form the ground and throw it, does different TYPES of damage. Sorcs Shock and Force Lightning does Energy while the Sage goes Kinetic. Is this correct first of all, because if it is, I will continue my point.
Kinetic and energy damage are treated exactly the same. They are both mitigated equally by armor and abilities. They merely have different names. Internal and elemental damage are the damage types that ignore armor.

Sosajoshua's Avatar


Sosajoshua
03.11.2013 , 02:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Methanos View Post
Well, that and the fact that Sever Force can be activated omni-directionally, and Creeping Terror only uni-directionally...
Lol I know you are trying to prove that by restating it but no its not. I have dropped CT on players and op bosses while facing them and having my back turned (although this isnt always 100%). And having fought enough Sages ive seen them miss when they try dropping SF on my as I chase behind them. The abilities have mirrored effects and circumstances with the only difference being animation. Thats like you saying Smash only hits the people in front of me while Force Sweep hits in 360degrees. No lol they are the same
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Methanos's Avatar


Methanos
03.11.2013 , 02:48 PM | #18
You've seen them "miss?" How could you have seen them miss? The ability doesn't 'miss'...

On my sage, I've never once had Sever Force fail to apply. Within an hour of speccing it on my 50 sorc, I noticed it failing to apply.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
03.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Methanos View Post
Well, that and the fact that Sever Force can be activated omni-directionally, and Creeping Terror only uni-directionally...
Creeping terror attacks directly in front and 90` to the right and left like every other targeted instant in the game.

If what you're saying is true, sever force is bugged. The only skills I can think of that can be activated directly behind you while moving are heals/bubbles/cleanses/guards/target-free aoe/mouse target aoe's (things of that nature). I know of no other targeted instant attack that does what you're suggesting.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
03.11.2013 , 04:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sosajoshua View Post
Lol I know you are trying to prove that by restating it but no its not. I have dropped CT on players and op bosses while facing them and having my back turned (although this isnt always 100%). And having fought enough Sages ive seen them miss when they try dropping SF on my as I chase behind them. The abilities have mirrored effects and circumstances with the only difference being animation. Thats like you saying Smash only hits the people in front of me while Force Sweep hits in 360degrees. No lol they are the same
You're confusing force in balance with sever force.

FiB= Death Field (aoe that's targeted with a mouse and can be used in any direction)

Sever Force = creeping terror (targeted instant dot that roots)