Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resource drops. Need or greed?

rex_pyro
03.11.2013 , 07:18 PM | #11
it took me a while to figure out the x was for pass...
I always figured there were only 2 options until someone explained and showed me there was a way to 'pass' on a roll

Yasnaud
04.13.2013 , 11:59 AM | #12
Se whats th best now? need of greed?

TralyanSavo
04.13.2013 , 02:53 PM | #13
Etiquette on shadowlands seems to be to greed on mats. If you're a crafter, you can use them and pretty much everyone is a crafter. Need or greed doesn't matter as long as its a fair roll, meaning if one person thinks to need and everyone else greeds but they can use it, it's time to /roll
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

BarbaraBuckley
06.06.2013 , 07:12 PM | #14
Hello All
I know one thing. I'm getting sick of going through an OPS or FP or group with people and greeding or passing on everything and when I finally run across something I really want, I Need and win the roll and invariably someone says "Why did you need on that?" and getting an attitude because I Needed on something that maybe my Toon couldn't use but one of my companions really could. I could understand if I was an idiot and Needing everything whether I could use it or not but people really do get ridiculous. I'm not like that and yet, when I do need on one little things, if it doesn't exactly fit the class of the toon I'm playing I get crap for it. I mean come on people. You have to pick your battles. Pick on the person who Needs for everything, not someone like me who actually pays attention. I shouldn't have to explain to someone why I "Needed" something. I don't ask others this question. Its none of my business. Thanks :-)

TrooperSev
06.06.2013 , 07:22 PM | #15
to answer op's question on mat rolls:

Need = pug group
Greed = guild run (most of the time goes to guild bank)

IMO, mats are used by everyone, even if all i'm going to do is sell on gtn. Especially on the purple mats like the mass manipulator. Thats just like passing on roughly 500k credits. I worked just as hard as the rest of the group(more if we had a badly geared dps) and deserve an equal shot at the loot.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Lung_Tien_Lien
06.07.2013 , 03:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BarbaraBuckley View Post
Hello All
I know one thing. I'm getting sick of going through an OPS or FP or group with people and greeding or passing on everything and when I finally run across something I really want, I Need and win the roll and invariably someone says "Why did you need on that?" and getting an attitude because I Needed on something that maybe my Toon couldn't use but one of my companions really could. I could understand if I was an idiot and Needing everything whether I could use it or not but people really do get ridiculous. I'm not like that and yet, when I do need on one little things, if it doesn't exactly fit the class of the toon I'm playing I get crap for it. I mean come on people. You have to pick your battles. Pick on the person who Needs for everything, not someone like me who actually pays attention. I shouldn't have to explain to someone why I "Needed" something. I don't ask others this question. Its none of my business. Thanks :-)
Why don't you just wait until everyone has rolled and if nobody else needed the item for their class you can ask if you can roll need? It's the polite thing to do and usually the answer is 'yes' anyway.

Qvasar
06.07.2013 , 04:38 AM | #17
When you are crafting you are doing so with a purpose - earn credits. This is the very definition of GREED.

However if you NEED the resource to craft, or get crafted an upgrade for yourself....

Nkya
06.07.2013 , 06:22 AM | #18
For me it's Need on mats and most other non gear drops, unless I don't care or something was agreed or I already won my share of loot. With the current system of loot sharing, it's the only way to have a fair roll.

Bastila-chan
06.07.2013 , 06:42 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BarbaraBuckley View Post
Hello All

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I've heard this argument before "I'm passing on a lot of stuff, it's okay to roll for my companion everyonce in a while".

Other people always come before your companions. It goes both ways of course. You come before my companions aswell. It's always "greed" roll for companions, never "need". Unless, like one poster above me stated, if you ask in group beforehand. I always say "sure, take it", if no one really needs it for themselves.

Companions don't need top tier gear for anything, blue and purple 66 mods are very cheap now, and that's more than enough for doing any solo content.

NoFishing
06.07.2013 , 03:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bastila-chan View Post
It's always "greed" roll for companions, never "need". Unless, like one poster above me stated, if you ask in group beforehand. I always say "sure, take it", if no one really needs it for themselves.
Since all the drops are tradable within the group now, the faster and less obtrusive way is to just roll greed, and if you don't get it, whisper the person who did and ask if you can have it for your companion. Most people will trade it to you if they were planning on just vendoring it.