Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Everything you need to know about The Harbinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Everything you need to know about The Harbinger

idnewton
03.26.2013 , 09:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
More like a lot of pissed off Aussies who don't want to play on this server.
Pissed off players? You already sound like Harbingers!

Also, I really hope they're increasing the server tech. Most of the time harbinger is on Heavy population. During work hours I think it drops down to standard, but during prime time it easily reaches Very Heavy, and sometimes even Full. With an entire server added to its population, I sure hope the capacity has increased. Then again.... subscribes have login priority ove F2P players
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

aVmuse
03.26.2013 , 09:51 AM | #22
Pissed off players? You already sound like Harbingers!

Also, I really hope they're increasing the server tech. Most of the time harbinger is on Heavy population. During work hours I think it drops down to standard, but during prime time it easily reaches Very Heavy, and sometimes even Full. With an entire server added to its population, I sure hope the capacity has increased. Then again.... subscribes have login priority ove F2P players
Wow that's sound much more impressive then what Dalborra currently has , I wouldn't be to worried about the capacity as majority won't be in during your prime time. Graveyard shift with **** ping sounds great, great trade.

justgladtobeme
03.27.2013 , 06:50 PM | #23
I'm pretty sure THIS one actually sums it up...

idnewton
03.27.2013 , 07:13 PM | #24
Idk, I've hardly ever had connection problems, and the times I do it's usually on my end.

PS: regarding the dalborra transfers, did those take effect already? Sorry, been away from the game for a few days now.
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

scotthomas
03.27.2013 , 09:49 PM | #25
regarding the dalborra transfers, did those take effect already? Sorry, been away from the game for a few days now.
Nope. Not yet. Not even an ETA yet, AFAIK.

But yeah, time differences mean we'll mostly be playing while you're all elsewhere (with a few hours overlap here and there).

idnewton
03.27.2013 , 09:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by scotthomas View Post
Nope. Not yet. Not even an ETA yet, AFAIK.

But yeah, time differences mean we'll mostly be playing while you're all elsewhere (with a few hours overlap here and there).
Why couldn't they have transfered while I've been away from the game for the past week... I'd like to avoid the massive walls of QQ about renaming. Yeah, maybe everyone's forgotten about that... It's going to happen. And general chat is going off (then again that's probably good for all of us, no one likes me running people through on shining swords of logic in chat anyways).

PS: Your prime time will be around four hours before ours, right? Or am I completely off?

scotthomas
03.27.2013 , 10:05 PM | #27
Your prime time will be around four hours before ours, right? Or am I completely off?
Using the yellow 6-9pm blocks here as a guide, I'd say it's a few hours after yours.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&p1=240&p2=137.

And I'm not looking forward to possibly loosing some of my names (I just recently re-rolled a character just to make a minor name-change).
How do the changes actually work?
Are the new names drastically different or do BW try to find something similar?
Do we get options to choose from?

scotthomas
03.27.2013 , 10:12 PM | #28
Also, which US servers are which WRT PVE and PVP?

I read in Eric's announcement that Dalborra (APAC PVE) will be merged with The Harbinger. But when I read merger-related threads in the Harbinger forum, they read like a bunch of bloodthirsty PVPers.

Is Harbinger a PVP server, or are you Yanks just that combative?

idnewton
03.27.2013 , 10:50 PM | #29
The name changes are very simple. They change your name to a long series of random capital letters and will not let you log into that character unless you choose a new name. You can pick any name that is not already taken. I would stay within the naming policy though, if I were you You will only have to rename if someone else has the same name as you. We still aren't 100% sure how they choose who has to rename. I believe as long as your account is active and your character is as well, you will not have to rename unless their character is also active but was created before yours. You may also have to be a subscriber to have naming priority. It also may be based on total time played, instead, but I think this is unlikely considering what I have concluded around the one character I have had to rename thus far.
Quote: Originally Posted by scotthomas View Post
Also, which US servers are which WRT PVE and PVP?

I read in Eric's announcement that Dalborra (APAC PVE) will be merged with The Harbinger. But when I read merger-related threads in the Harbinger forum, they read like a bunch of bloodthirsty PVPers.

Is Harbinger a PVP server, or are you Yanks just that combative?
My friend, welcome to the Harbinger. While we are not Yanks, being a West Coast server, we are indeed a PvE server, and we are indeed that combative (that awkward moment when you call your server combative, and half of the server would call you the main source).

PS: That other awkward moment when you talk about yourself in the second person... o.O

midianlord
04.04.2013 , 08:44 PM | #30
The first two posts in this thread compel the question:

How do you say "BACON!" in Jawa-ese?
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life

All you'll ever need to know about PvP in this game: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730402

Spoiler