Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking

MorgothPl
04.20.2013 , 01:42 AM | #21
I've checked the juggernaut elite/ultimate commendation gear - it has absurd numbers of absorption , that according to some other excellent thread in this forum about perfect stat allocation, we don't need. I wonder why Bioware first make absorption kinda useless now, and pump out gear with lots of it.

I'm wearing right now the 66 gear, which I crafted via my all crafting mules. I believe that best enhancements you can put into oranges are those sturdiness ones with shield, defense and endurance on them (and if someone here plays on Progenitor I'll be more than happy to craft them for ya ) I'm slowly swapping my old purple augments for the blue 28s.... Which, when thermal regulators drop is increased will be swapped for purples. But as I see it now, the sets will require lots of itemization, and I think from elite comm gears, I'll just take the armorings, as the 66 will grant less endurance, but better mitigation.

Now, coming to pulls in 2.0. Right now, the one I'm having problem are Cademinu ones - especially the police blockade, where after initial pull more mobs jump into area, and are way too spread to area taunt them. And after few runs, I see that trash is now harder than bosses

Helig
04.20.2013 , 01:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
Ah, gotcha. Can't claim to have tested that, but I would guess not since the tooltip specifically mentions that the rank of the skill increases the cap.
Thanks. Wish tooltips reflected the exact value with defensive skills, as well as offensive...
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Cybermeister
04.20.2013 , 07:23 AM | #23
<snip> Anyone tried reflecting Death Mark (Kel'sara), Deletion Protocol (Operator IX) or Scream (The Terror From Beyond) yet?
You can definitely reflect the TfB's Scream damage, although you still get the debuff that makes you 'invisible' - still that's easily dealt with.

Slivovidze
04.21.2013 , 04:20 AM | #24
I have encountered an unexpected issue:
Got my first Arkanian piece (boots), got the boots, disappointed by what mods they have (they're all absorb), but still wanted to swap armoring, as I am using four 61 armorings for the War Leader set bonus. My surprise was huge when I realized that the Arkanian War Leader set doesn't match with the Campaign one! They have the same name, they have the same benefits... yet they don't match together.

Why's that? And what would happen if I got two 2-piece sets? Would I get 2x the 2-piece bonus, or would one of the sets be wasted?

Gondolindhrim
04.22.2013 , 01:43 AM | #25
Yeah, Arkanian/Underworld set boni annoyingly do not merge with Campaign/Dread Guard. They do appear to stack however, which is very advantageous for some classes (yay for 6s Healing Trance/Innervate Cooldown and +30% Kolto Cloud/Recuperative Nanotech healing! ). This is probably because some sets have a different bonus for Campaign/Dread Guard and Arkanian/Underworld (Scoundrels/Operatives, for instance, get +15% Back Blast/Backstab critical chance on Campaign/Dread Guard, and +15% Blaster Whip/Shiv critical chance on Arkanian/Underworld), but I expect it's not entirely intended behaviour even so.

Enjoy 4 seconds of Blade Turning and 14 seconds of Warding Call/Invincible while it lasts, I guess.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | ydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

grallmate
04.25.2013 , 04:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cybermeister View Post
You can definitely reflect the TfB's Scream damage, although you still get the debuff that makes you 'invisible' - still that's easily dealt with.
I can also confirm this. You can't however reflect Phasic Spittle.

It also appears that while the reflected damage cap is 4968, if you reflect the attack you appear to take no damage regardless of how high it is and its only the damage the attacker receives that is then reduced. I'm looking for others to confirm or refute this observation.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Gondolindhrim
04.25.2013 , 11:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
It also appears that while the reflected damage cap is 4968, if you reflect the attack you appear to take no damage regardless of how high it is and its only the damage the attacker receives that is then reduced. I'm looking for others to confirm or refute this observation.
Confirmed, even 30k+ The Ends are absorbed completely.

grallmate
04.26.2013 , 12:04 AM | #28
Confirmed, even 30k+ The Ends are absorbed completely.
That is EXACTLY what I was hoping to see. It also appears that the threat generated by the reflected damage is equal to the full damage of ability being reflected, not the reduced damage that is actually reflected.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Gondolindhrim
04.26.2013 , 02:45 AM | #29
It's an amazing ability for sure. Dare I say it's as good (or even better?) as Resilience, in PvE at least? The CC immunity is a big deal in PvP, but for PvE I can't think of many encounters where I'd rather have that than the ability to absorb not only Force/Tech attacks but Ranged ones too - and that's not even considering the damage and threat the ability generates.

Very happy with our new skill. Even in PvP I'd consider it nearly on par with Resilience since the reflected damage can be quite significant.

Edonac
04.26.2013 , 01:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
I've checked the juggernaut elite/ultimate commendation gear - it has absurd numbers of absorption , that according to some other excellent thread in this forum about perfect stat allocation, we don't need. I wonder why Bioware first make absorption kinda useless now, and pump out gear with lots of it.

I'm wearing right now the 66 gear, which I crafted via my all crafting mules. I believe that best enhancements you can put into oranges are those sturdiness ones with shield, defense and endurance on them (and if someone here plays on Progenitor I'll be more than happy to craft them for ya ) I'm slowly swapping my old purple augments for the blue 28s.... Which, when thermal regulators drop is increased will be swapped for purples. But as I see it now, the sets will require lots of itemization, and I think from elite comm gears, I'll just take the armorings, as the 66 will grant less endurance, but better mitigation.

Now, coming to pulls in 2.0. Right now, the one I'm having problem are Cademinu ones - especially the police blockade, where after initial pull more mobs jump into area, and are way too spread to area taunt them. And after few runs, I see that trash is now harder than bosses
Usually i pop up AOE taunt with Reflect right after, you should be get a good ammount of agro from that, and when you go into the Cantina, make sure you go in first so you have initial agro, just pop Reflect as soon as your in with a AOE Taunt, shouldnt have too many issues with that. I agree on the Absorbtion, but the other thing to consider is that any of the MK2's are Might Armoring's and not Guardian. All of the comm gear (Mk1's) are Guardian. So its either Str or End. Just curious to see how people are doing in the stat numbers. Im sitting around 18/35/23. Just seems like a pain to get that Def up, although i havent auged all my gear (all 69 minus belt which is 66 armoring with 69's ripped from a chest piece).