Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scripts in PVP

Caeliux
03.19.2013 , 04:12 PM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakmonster View Post
In conclusion, I believe that scripts/macros/bots/hacks do exist, but unless these things allow the player to do something that breaks the game's rules (such as speed-hacking, teleporting, etc), then I'm not going to be too fussed about it.
Being fussed about is one thing, and we can see some people do care about other players exploiting with a scripted 3rd party program, its another when no response comes to this matter when in fact Bioware didn't want macros at start of the game but comments they want it some point.

http://swtormacrosguide.com/no-macro...nch-what-next/

People are using scripts I assume because of the lack of macros use in this game, meaning its Bioware fault not implementing macros from the start.

I do think the fact of no macros in this game is the sole reason the exploiters are going other methods to provide a faster way to combat in this game, I do understand the scripts being done is more than just a regular macro setup, but it goes to show it goes hand and hand to this very topic.

What is seriously baffling to me is the lack of attention to this topic, allowing us as subs and ftp to panic and have anxiety about cheaters and exploiters when it comes to PvP in this game. I can surly contest that this issue is among the biggest let downs I have ever seen in a mmo period.

Any comment and assurance to use about this matter would make alot of players not to mention guilds feel some what better about the attention to exploits alike, not paying attention to this very topic means you do not care about bleeding more people outta your game.

This isn't lets draw guns and see who wins, Bioware will lose if they continue ducking this thread soon enough.

Time is ticking, the new expansion is awaiting and some might cancel due to the lack of care about exploiters in your game Bioware.

I suggest you do something about this thread and topic to provide some reassurance that you care.

Mookind
03.20.2013 , 06:52 AM | #382
There has still been no evidence posted that scripts some how elevate you above some one who knows how to play

As has probably been said many times in this thread WE HAVE A GCD AND ABILITY QUE FOR A REASON

If you feel like some one has an advantage over you because they use a macro to pop multiple abils off the GCD, bind your *********** keys in better positions.

Latency is a way bigger issue than macros

You people are terrible, shut the **** up and go pvp

Arutar
03.20.2013 , 07:20 AM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by lxynl View Post
I know the person that brought this subject up to the OP, and he is not making this up. I was at first shocked and in denile that it could happen, but it can and continues to happen.

I remember playing against some who started using these scripts when rateds came out, I remember in regular wz's beating the snot out of some of them, sure and losing to others, but then came rateds and none of them could be touched. It was like night and day and I never could figure it out, the player I could 1v1 in regular wz's was now unbeatable.
Cool story.

I am sorry that I still do not buy the story of the "God script" without any evidence.

Crawelc
03.20.2013 , 10:00 AM | #384
Thanks for the feedback.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

funkiestj
03.20.2013 , 12:02 PM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by KamujinKravshera View Post
... you can build macro that simply mashes a bunch of keys in order of priority. I am pretty sure this is technically not allowed by the ToS, but is also something that many players using even Razor's SWTOR themed (Bioware approved) naga mouse are doing.
QUIBBLE: Didn't BW developers say "no repeating loops, no delays, 1 action per key press is allowed"? If so, a macro that mashes n keys in priority order is not a violation of the ToS. E.g. a macro that mashes '30% finisher, attack1, attack2, basic attack' is allowed.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Crawelc
03.20.2013 , 12:37 PM | #386
No one is talking about macros in this thread except for the clueless. No offense to you personally meant at all. Macros are so easy a child could do it with the razer program. Scripts are on a whole other level.

HaLeX
03.20.2013 , 01:59 PM | #387
Quote: Originally Posted by Arutar View Post
Cool story.

I am sorry that I still do not buy the story of the "God script" without any evidence.
I've been following this thread reading both sides and doing some outside reading(gaming and programming threads) to see what can and can't be done with these scripts in this game and other games. No there is no script that will give you god mode. However, there are scripts that will make you better than 95% of the player base if you start with decent enough skills. So the top players will still be the top players regardless . Most of us are not top 5% players though and for us this is an issue. I can only speculate on how widespread their use is, but yes i am convinced they are being used and the more competitive matches will naturally have more players using them.

I have mixed feelings about their use and the impact its having. I am still going to enjoy the game regardless, at least now I am more informed so that is a plus. I am not sure how EA would combat this issue. I mean listen its not like there is money riding on any of these matches, its just for fun. I don't think this game was ever designed for high level competitive play. I think OP has brought a legitimate issue to the table and to just dismiss him outright with out doing your own DD is naive. For me personally, its not gamebreaking, I just don't care enough. Obviously he feels differently and thats fine.
Stannis of House Baratheon, First of His Name, The One True King!!!
Lord of Dragonstone - Warrior of Light - Master of Ships (formerly)
King of The Andals and The First(claimant) Protector of the Realm (claimant)
GatorNation GatorCountry POT5

Crawelc
03.20.2013 , 03:10 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
I've been following this thread reading both sides and doing some outside reading(gaming and programming threads) to see what can and can't be done with these scripts in this game and other games. No there is no script that will give you god mode. However, there are scripts that will make you better than 95% of the player base if you start with decent enough skills. So the top players will still be the top players regardless . Most of us are not top 5% players though and for us this is an issue. I can only speculate on how widespread their use is, but yes i am convinced they are being used and the more competitive matches will naturally have more players using them.

I have mixed feelings about their use and the impact its having. I am still going to enjoy the game regardless, at least now I am more informed so that is a plus. I am not sure how EA would combat this issue. I mean listen its not like there is money riding on any of these matches, its just for fun. I don't think this game was ever designed for high level competitive play. I think OP has brought a legitimate issue to the table and to just dismiss him outright with out doing your own DD is naive. For me personally, its not gamebreaking, I just don't care enough. Obviously he feels differently and thats fine.
Thank you for your feedback

KamujinKravshera
03.21.2013 , 07:14 AM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
QUIBBLE: Didn't BW developers say "no repeating loops, no delays, 1 action per key press is allowed"? If so, a macro that mashes n keys in priority order is not a violation of the ToS. E.g. a macro that mashes '30% finisher, attack1, attack2, basic attack' is allowed.
You may be right. The way I read that it, a macro that mashes 5 attacks in order of priority is 5 attacks per keypress, even though only 1 can execute per GCD. That said, I really only have the same quote you're referencing to go by and your interpretation could be the correct one.
I'm paper. Rock is fine. Nerf scissors!

Kamujin - Sage/Sorc Healer - Pot5

sanchito
03.21.2013 , 09:38 AM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by GrtGorilla View Post

You could also add a check to the program startup that searched the users computer for the macroing programs that target these types of games and just add agreement to the TOS, no one ever reads that anyway. They could then auto-ban everyone cheating.

They cannot do that. I use autohotkey for a lot of useful stuff, gaming is not one of them