Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Overview of the Planet Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Overview of the Planet Makeb
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GarfieldJL
03.07.2013 , 11:39 PM | #21
I hate to be a downer, but the description kinda doesn't make much sense from a practical standpoint.

Yes we all know the Hutts are greedy, but since when is the Hutt Cartel made up of incompetitent idiots...

Your own descriptiong says that the planet seems to be trying to shake itself apart, under that logic wouldn't people be trying to get off that rock?

Why would the Hutts want to be on a planet that is shaking itself apart, does the Hutt have a death wish or something?

Yeah it sounds cool as far as the scenery, but the planet being that geologically unstable makes it look like the Hutts are complete idiots and the Republic and Empire can just sit back and relax as the Hutts get wiped out by the planet they are trying to exploit.

QuetzoCyote
03.08.2013 , 12:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I hate to be a downer, but the description kinda doesn't make much sense from a practical standpoint.

Yes we all know the Hutts are greedy, but since when is the Hutt Cartel made up of incompetitent idiots...

Your own descriptiong says that the planet seems to be trying to shake itself apart, under that logic wouldn't people be trying to get off that rock?

Why would the Hutts want to be on a planet that is shaking itself apart, does the Hutt have a death wish or something?

Yeah it sounds cool as far as the scenery, but the planet being that geologically unstable makes it look like the Hutts are complete idiots and the Republic and Empire can just sit back and relax as the Hutts get wiped out by the planet they are trying to exploit.
I think that's the point of this teaser. What is causing the increased seismic activity? Is there something moving up from below, or is there a path opening up to something waiting down there? Why are teh Hutts willing to stick around to get at this mysterious advantage? Does this mean they are stupid, as you say, or brave?
These trailers are meant to intrigue us.

SilentKitty
03.08.2013 , 12:52 AM | #23
Ohh..

Thanks for the blogg, that was a interesting read. Can't wait to see more of it. And very curious to how the empire side of the story will look like

LadyDrusilla
03.08.2013 , 12:53 AM | #24
That was a very interesting read, I like the concept behind Makeb and the Hutt involvement a lot, reflecting the anarchy a large scale conflict brings.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

aeterno
03.08.2013 , 01:02 AM | #25
Never doubted story wise Makeb would deliver (well, except for class stories lol).

But the thing I'm looking it is an evolution of quest design. If Makeb is just a re-skin of the half a dozen concept repeated ad nauseam from 1-50 I'll be sorely disappointed. I hope to see a bit more variety and a bit more ambition with open world phasing and the like.

Rafaman
03.08.2013 , 01:08 AM | #26
Great teaser. Thank you!

Well... I thought it was only a matter of time until the Hutts made a play for control of the Galaxy at large. Presumably, they banked on the war, playing on both sides of the fence so to speak. But as the war dwindles down and the warring parties are weak, why not play the trump card if you are the Hutts?

Makeb... yes... there is a specific reason for its importance and it will be great to find out exactly what it is.

AshlaBoga
03.08.2013 , 01:40 AM | #27
Quote:
All of Makebís livable space is located on top of massive, towering stone mesas.
So it's a planet of Voss-Ka's?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Obsidian_Stone
03.08.2013 , 02:28 AM | #28
Obviously far too late for this to change, but here's the deal, I don't want to fight the Hutt Cartel, Bioware. I want to join them. When do we get a new faction to play? I don't need it to be from level 1. After 50 levels, my BH is tired of the silly Sith. Elder Game faction choices would be nice with an associated questline perhaps

Ighten
03.08.2013 , 02:46 AM | #29
Nice read thanks for the update..

Orlesian
03.08.2013 , 05:37 AM | #30
Nice! Makeb is looking really pretty.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse