Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Overview of the Planet Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Overview of the Planet Makeb
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scorpassailant
03.07.2013 , 06:30 PM | #11
Fall out from under us....should that be taken literally? lol

xorcist
03.07.2013 , 06:40 PM | #12
Thank you for the article. It was much appreciated.

One problem I am concerned with is, from the looks of it. The planet Makeb seems to be way over populated with human species. Meaning human NPC's. Who if any are the native dominating sentient species? Is there one?

Also, I haven't noticed any graphic improvements or use of better textures than everything else we have right now in the game. Rock faces still look overly simplistic and void of good textures, for example and seeing that sort of thing just brings me down.

The stuff we do have now in game, I look at palace/structures walls, floors etc. and some of it just looks cheap. Like it isn't finished being developed or shaded properly. Rushed even. I hope Makeb does not follow this path.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Sithwallker
03.07.2013 , 07:54 PM | #13
Thank you for that little bit of information on Makeb. I am super excited and cannot wait to start questing and exploring all of Makeb. I know this new planet is supposed to be as big as some of the bigger existing planets we have currently (Alderran, Hoth, etc...), but was curious to know if you can reach level 55 solely on playing all the missions on Makeb? (Meaning not including Fp's or Operations) I hope......because if so.....then that is a pretty big planet. Anyways, keep up the great work down there and please keep releasing details on Makeb.......like a release date!!??

Lillark
03.07.2013 , 08:12 PM | #14
So it's on Balmora? I mean Quesh? I mean Belsavius? Once lush world devastated by ecological disaster?

Jedi_Ratchet
03.07.2013 , 08:13 PM | #15
Makeb looks very good so far, and i'm really looking forward to seeing more of it, and of course the release

Char_Ell
03.07.2013 , 08:21 PM | #16
Hmmm.... So does SW:TOR have more than one lead writer? I thought Hall Hood was a lead writer as well.

In any event, I am looking forward to seeing what Makeb is like, albeit with some trepidation. I am so slow playing thru all the class stories. I still don't have a good feel for how the Republic is in an advantageous position over the Empire at the end of all 8 class stories and still don't want to spoil it for myself.

Drudenfusz
03.07.2013 , 08:39 PM | #17
Sounds good so far, hope that this time the questing zones are not too far apart for both factions, so that we might actually see natural open world PvP... but somehow I fear that those fault lines might separate the factions again and this world might end up boring because of that.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

tanktest
03.07.2013 , 08:47 PM | #18
MakeB won't hit the PTS I hope I would like to see it go live and never hit the PTS my self ,,,I know ill get a get a few on that one but I'm sure it's being testing on a closed server some place id rather have a big supizes then see it on the PTS at all

if they put it in on the PTS I will go look so don't me not to ...

Eillack
03.07.2013 , 08:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpassailant View Post
Fall out from under us....should that be taken literally? lol
With the bugs that have occured already ingame that many people fall thru maps already.....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

BrianAC
03.07.2013 , 11:21 PM | #20
Yea cant wait! hopefully its not TOO long from now tho, looking forward to some new story action again!