Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Missions are TOO DAMN HARD

Philangelus
03.31.2013 , 10:39 PM | #41
I got my reputation maxed to Legend status last week. I ran all the Heroics everyday and have gotten quite good at all of them. However.....I am noticing since I got my rep to Legend the missions are more difficult. Did these get buffed or something? I am not doing anything different and have not changed any of the ship upgrades. Is it bugged perhaps? It seems like I am not doing the same amount of damage as I was before. I don't get it. I have all of these missions down pat and its pissing me off I can't finish them when I had no problems before. Anyone experience this?

Leovinus
04.01.2013 , 05:41 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Philangelus View Post
I got my reputation maxed to Legend status last week. I ran all the Heroics everyday and have gotten quite good at all of them. However.....I am noticing since I got my rep to Legend the missions are more difficult. Did these get buffed or something? I am not doing anything different and have not changed any of the ship upgrades. Is it bugged perhaps? It seems like I am not doing the same amount of damage as I was before. I don't get it. I have all of these missions down pat and its pissing me off I can't finish them when I had no problems before. Anyone experience this?
Try checking the "Space Missions Broken in 1.7.3" thread. All your questions would be answered.

There's even a dev post floating around about the issue somewhere.

Tilar
04.13.2013 , 01:17 PM | #43
Heroic Space Missions arent too hard. They are a challenge if you never did them before, but after completing them a few times its just as easy as any other space mission. Basically the key to finishing a heroic space mission is timely use of invul and blast. If you cant figure out the timing yourself watch some youtube videos.

As a player with max space reputation and Hyperspace Legend title I can truthfully say "NO THEY ARE NOT TOO HARD!", I can do every one of them with all side missions no problem. Just accept the challenge and l2p.

Shoogli
04.13.2013 , 02:05 PM | #44
Ha ha gratz OP !!!

I was kind of in the same boat or almost, like a few weeks ago. I could only complete Lorta/Hypori, New Cov/Kanz and Regnant/far Craddle, and even then it took me a while to learn them.

But really I was at a point I thought I'd never ever be able to finish the last 3... Eventually I did persevere, after a week break, and tried to see where I'd have to place the EWP and EMP, and most of the time, for those 3 missions there are "mandatory" moments... I mean : right off the bat using both EWP and EMP during Baros/Duma ? After I tried that it went sooooooo much smoothly ha ha !!!

Now am happily doing all 6 with 6 different toons (lol) and really enjoying them... Funnily the one that I completed 4th (with all the bombers, Ardis/Kabal is it ?) thinking I could never ever complete the 5th (Baros/Duma) and 6th (Thanium/Cha Rabaa), at the time, is now the one am still failing here and there.
(oh lol : this morning I failed Lorta twice btw...)

Also I can't use the WASD thing because am on a a keyboard that isn't setup like english keyboards...
So for me it's only mouse and space bar for movement.

About what Kitru said earlier about the barrel roll, while am at it :

It does do something, it's just a little lateral speed boost, kinda like the WASD moves except it doesn't place you back when you release the key : hope it makes sense.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

FelixGoldenHeart
04.13.2013 , 02:53 PM | #45
Gonna try the WASD thing tonight, I have been beating my head against these missions the past 3 days with full G7. I also bound them to a character who ran no space missions, so I need to do the weaker ones to get 50 coms to buy the proton torpedo... since the G7 packs didn't have one! Wish I would have known this prior to binding them... oh well. Thinking about downgrading the beam gen to the one below it, for 10 shots per second. I'm really only doing this for the rep, As I want to get legend with everything.

Jossajus
04.14.2013 , 04:29 AM | #46
do a barrel roll!
"When you're happy, you enjoy the music. When you're sad, you understand the lyrics." - Frank Ocean

Gameshalo
08.14.2013 , 10:19 PM | #47
I also find some of these missions really hard. Currently i have all my spaceship items leveled up to 5. Im level 44. I currently can't get past 2 level 42 space missions. Nothing works. Even when my shield regenerates after i stop firing i get blown away. Especially one mission. I just start and about a minute in im down. Haven't a clue what im doing wrong. Nothing was hard up to these two missions. Like i said im level 44 and those two missions are level 42. Can't understand why they are very difficult. I should not have this much trouble with level 42 space missions when im level 44 with top upgraded ship parts for my rank. Currently im at a roadblock with it.