Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game time code?!

Da_Wiggins
12.20.2011 , 03:09 PM | #1
it says on my account that i need to redeem a game time code to keep playing. but i thought since i pre ordered i get to play like 30 or 60 days for free.. where or how do i get the game time code? someone pls help.
"Hold in your guts, while I rip out theirs.."
-Sev, Republic Commando

coolphoenix
12.20.2011 , 03:14 PM | #2
you can use a credit card or go to like gamestop and buy the gamecards for sw for 60 days its $30

ModaanOfTarq
12.20.2011 , 03:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by coolphoenix View Post
you can use a credit card or go to like gamestop and buy the gamecards for sw for 60 days its $30

With Pre-Order CE or Deluxe the info stated "Free 30 day Game time" when it was purchased.

I'm also wondering about this. I just opened my CE box and there isn't any game card inside.

Are we missing something?

Thanks!
"Tarquinas will always have a special place in my heart."

Arodin
12.20.2011 , 03:20 PM | #4
No, your pre-order grants you access to the early game access, which is over - but there is a 2-day grace period, so you should be able to play for two more days. To play beyond that, you need to register your actual game code which you should be able to find in your physical game box, or if you ordered digitally from Origin it should have been emailed to you by now.

GymQuirk
12.20.2011 , 03:23 PM | #5
Standard industry practice is to require setting up a payment plan as part of game registration. The free time part of it is that your credit card, game time card, or paypal account will not be charged until the initial 30 free days are up.

Buckmoth
12.20.2011 , 03:24 PM | #6
Your thirty days of free game time begins when you set up a subscription. In order to set up a subscription, you need to provide payment info, either credit card or game-time card, but you won't be charged until the end of your 30 free days.

Edit: I see the droid beat me to it. Yeah, what he said.

zgiety
12.20.2011 , 03:25 PM | #7
I pre-ordered a standard version and I got my Game Code inside. (Didn't use it yet so not sure if it works and if it is even that :P).

Da_Wiggins
12.20.2011 , 03:35 PM | #8
thx all.
-Sev, Republic Commando

Da_Wiggins
12.20.2011 , 05:09 PM | #9
thx all.
-Sev, Republic Commando

Jespis
12.21.2011 , 12:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by zgiety View Post
I pre-ordered a standard version and I got my Game Code inside. (Didn't use it yet so not sure if it works and if it is even that :P).
Thats a Product Registration code, not a Game Time Card. This is retarded. I feel like I've just wasted a day trying to play SWTOR because I didn't know you had to pay for a month before actually getting those 30 days free.