Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone ever have their guild attacked being told they control a planet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
Anyone ever have their guild attacked being told they control a planet

Sir_NyahayJazz
03.06.2013 , 09:23 PM | #1
Well today I'm playing on swtor talking to guildmates then our leader says someone is calling our guild out for controlling Tython during our meets and to be frank this man is wrong my guild let's people on Tython walk straight though our meets and we have no problem with it. Our Server is Bergren colony and this guys name is Rgen. So if any of you gamers out there have had this happen to you tell me I want to know your thoughts.

jedimasterjac
03.09.2013 , 01:19 PM | #2
Honestly, I believe you all are too controlling. On Jung Ma, I'm in two sister guilds (Republic and Empire). Both of these cannot recruit in their target area because of other guilds.

REPUBLIC SIDE:
Arc Trooper Corps, claiming all of Ord Mantell as their own, they have trolled, attacked, and threatened us, stopping us from recruiting. (Including the guild's own leader, who contributes to this negative behavior)

EMPIRE SIDE:
House Kil'ndar, Unknown Gods from Beyond, both claiming a public area their own. (We alway soffer to share it, but they just march in yelling, "GET OUT OF MY OFFICE".)
Quote: Originally Posted by Atticus Finch
“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

Bird_of_Thunder
03.10.2013 , 03:03 PM | #3
there are a few guilds on Ebon Hawk (wont name names out of respect for the few good people in these guilds) who, whenever i'm doing stuff in particular places (say doing missions on my assassin), will tell me to leave, and if i dont they threaten to just kill all the mobs.

a solution is that i hopped on my marauder and tore up their guild's best players in a few duels. for shame, [unnamed guild]. for shame
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Jeca_Cutrer
03.14.2013 , 02:40 PM | #4
First of all, OP, please use periods. They really help prevent headaches in reading your post.

This is the quintessential problem of freeform roleplay: The "I got you!" "No, you didn't!" dilemma. In other forms of roleplay we settle this with dice or a game master. In freeform it can only be settled by the consent of all involved.

As a general rule RP communities combat this with the basic rule: "Control no one else's actions or status without their consent, and accept everything a player states about their character." It has a companion rule which is often unspoken: "Don't make your character into anything hard to swallow by the average gamer." This includes making yourself The Emperor's Right Elbow and ordering people around or it can include doing a Star Wars / My Little Pony crossover and expecting everyone to play along.

I'm pretty sure claiming a whole planet as yours violates both of these rules in both letter and spirit.

You can't claim a public space as yours and expect everyone to accept that just as you can't rope of a section of the public park and start living there. Trying to do so isn't RP. It's bullying, and it's not okay.

TL;DR: Anyone trying to block something you're trying to accomplish in game is griefing, whether they justify it with RP or not. Report them.
Ebon Hawk - RP-PVE
Cutoli - 50 Narl - 50 Sall - 21 Kakk - 20

Erriq - 50 Barrenus - 36 Tul'kur'sabosen - 25

legolegion
03.16.2013 , 01:05 AM | #5
erm don`t think it count but as an imp, we once took over a republic way station on tattoine that was fun. This was on tomb, reason was to stop some level 50 killing imps for fun they where using it as base.