Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many guilds on TOFN?

kanare
03.07.2013 , 12:02 PM | #11
r ember the game is changing i wont spoil it for those not on the pts , but there are some fundamental changes to gearing system. Guilds will become more and more important.

Aragorrius
03.08.2013 , 09:42 AM | #13
It's Natural selection.

Good Guilds grow and keep attracting new members, because they have good reputations and manage to progress.
Smaller, less well organised guilds will eventually dissolve. Members will leave and Guilds disband.

This game is relatively young.

Floor Inspectors is endgame Full Progression, however we only sport around 70 members of which only 20 are online every night actively. However our community is strong, personal, fun and skilled, yet open to everyone.

We're growing every day.. and people adapt our mindset etc.

My personal experience over the years is that "Guild Mergers" are usualy the start of the end.
If 2 equal sized guilds join, they will both compete for control eventually..... and it will break the Guild.
This is the reason we only accept smaller groups or individual members into our guild. They will be absorbed into the whole and add to our Guild rather than divide it.

I like the diversity.. there is still lots of opportunity to grow as a Guild in our community.
Guild - Floor Inspectors // Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd //
55 Marauder - Aragorias // // 55 Operative - Supersail // 55 Juggernaut - Sazed // 55 Assassin - Jennyfred // 55 Chiss Merc - Aragorius // 45 Mirialan Sith Sorc - Fredo'Paawn etc

RikuvonDrake
03.08.2013 , 10:53 AM | #14
Allow me to disagree on some of what you say, Saga is a one of the most successful guilds on the server, when it comes to 8man content I would say the most successful guld right now and we only have about 16-20 members in total. There is no need to continue growing as a guild in terms of members, we recruit when we need to and are very careful when we accept new members.

But when it comes to guild mergers and stuff like that, I agree, that is normally the real beginning of the end, unless the leaders of the guilds can work together in a good and healthy way.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Mont÷r
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

kanare
03.08.2013 , 11:46 AM | #15
we also would never merge with any other guild , we would only absorb guilds members.

Alepo
03.08.2013 , 11:47 PM | #16
Many guilds like to keep it small (pvp guilds usualy) we have been discussing this in Harbinger and what we have noticed is that Big guilds usually have alot of drama regarding raidspots or RWZ spots, i have been in one of these guilds and it works fine as long as you keep the guild semi casual but when you move to the hardcore part ppl want to keep their raiding / RWZ spot to do progress and you also get more progress by having the same good ppl in 1 team.
Trott, BlÔster, Alephonius, Leiliala, BlÔstor
Harbinger
Alepo, TrÔitor, Palous
YOLO SWAG

TheHybris
03.09.2013 , 03:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Alepo View Post
Many guilds like to keep it small (pvp guilds usualy) we have been discussing this in Harbinger and what we have noticed is that Big guilds usually have alot of drama regarding raidspots or RWZ spots, i have been in one of these guilds and it works fine as long as you keep the guild semi casual but when you move to the hardcore part ppl want to keep their raiding / RWZ spot to do progress and you also get more progress by having the same good ppl in 1 team.
So true.
Coral
Dhaima Aelare
Sage Heal to Full Spec

Ellynia
03.09.2013 , 04:13 AM | #18
I'm not sure if I agree fully on the idea of mergers being "the beginning of the end", it really depends on the mindset of the two guilds and what is agreed between them. For example some very clear things need to be who will be leading, in my opinion the guild that merges into the other one (i.e. their members come to the other guild) will probably not have as much weight in decisions as the other guild. For example, I would expect that the Guild Master of the guild that will come will become an officer - the other officers of that guild may or may not also become officers, it's up to the GMs as to what they decide together. While I don't see too many problems regarding leadership I think those things have to be fully discussed prior to the merge, as importing a whole new set of officers into a guild may cause unrest as the other guild does not know these people nor know if they are reliable, know their stuff etc. so you have to know the people you are merging with well, maybe run some trial raids of the two guilds together prior to merging, get to know what the others are like and see if the personalities of the two guilds mesh pleasantly of if their attitudes and aims are different; through this you can tell if a merger would be a success or if it will end in a big flop.

Smaller guilds I agree often have a lot of benefits in the quality not quantity factor but at the end of the day the ideal is always to have a couple more people than you need in raids - remember that in non-hardcore guilds people will not be able to attend every day of the week so you need people there on "backup", a prospect nobody really likes, but still better than ending up 2 people short on a raid and having to PuG others. Another factor is your objectives as a guild, for example a lot of guilds like to add to their progression with 16M raiding, but at the transition between 8M and 16M you will have a situation where you don't have enough for 16M and you have a lot of people being left out of the 8M teams.

A way to avoid drama over raidspots is to have a system such as raid sign-ups on the website (first come first serve priority), which though you will always end up with those disappointed that they can't come, it also keeps it fair for everyone - depending on how organized your guild is you can also have a rotation so that those that always come to raids can alternate each raid with those that don't. You could also have a need-assessment, is it a progress raid? Then bring the best geared and most knowledgeable of tactics. Is it a farm raid? Bring those that need the gear.
Ellynia - Sage DPS :<Crimson>
Eclystra - Jedi Sentinel <Crimson>
Z'ephyra - Commando Medic <Crimson> :3

Isolde
03.09.2013 , 07:32 PM | #19
Diversity is fun

I'm in a Rep guild with 8 people and we're quite happy to be a little family. We clear all content and farm every week. If we need to do 8+ content we get together with other guilds for mutual cooperation and that's a fun way to meet people and make new friends. Doesn't mean we want to abide by other peoples guild-styles though and merge/join with them

MidichIorian
03.09.2013 , 08:50 PM | #20
1 server - 2 guilds

Team Jacob and Team Edward

Was trying to coin the concept in /gen earlier today. It wasnt greeted welll.