Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How are sins in 2.0? (DPS)

WaldoA
03.06.2013 , 01:46 PM | #1
I'd test myself but it's taking forever to get PTS downloaded.

I currently have a 50 assassin, 36 assassin and a 35 shadow. I really enjoy the class but I can't seem to see anything great about their trees in 2.0 calculator.

Anyone who has tested them, how do they compare to damage as of now? are they better/worse/on par?
How do they compare to other damage dealers?
How is their survivability compared to now?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond (if anyone!)

Zaxem
03.06.2013 , 05:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
I'd test myself but it's taking forever to get PTS downloaded.

I currently have a 50 assassin, 36 assassin and a 35 shadow. I really enjoy the class but I can't seem to see anything great about their trees in 2.0 calculator.

Anyone who has tested them, how do they compare to damage as of now? are they better/worse/on par?
How do they compare to other damage dealers?
How is their survivability compared to now?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond (if anyone!)
madness idk since i only play deception but as far as deception goes lesy burst more sustained doing about 2100-2200ish dps in the starter gear on the PTS
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Xienive
03.06.2013 , 07:18 PM | #3
I don't really PVE so I can't comment on that if that is what you want to know about.

However PVP...you really just might as well not bother with either dps specs now. Discharge now does LESS damage with 3 stacks on pts (the new max) than it does with 0 stacks currently on live. Not to mention you are forced to build the stacks to use it...this also makes the hybrid with Madness completely useless since to build stacks fast you now need Voltaic Slash.

And of course you saw what you lost in the Madness tree...and you no longer have access to Duplicity so...yeah. Just bad overall really, with nothing new worthwhile to compensate really.

I actually played both Madness and Deception and their hybrids so I really despise the very much so not needed nerfs to them.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Aragost
03.06.2013 , 07:57 PM | #4
I'm consistantly hitting 400/500K as a baseline for dmg in warzones, 650-700k topend, although I havent done enough really yet, probably only around 10.
Fréd - Supersinofdoom
Lolà - Powertechofdoom
Saciela - Supersorcofdoom

DarthSylar
03.06.2013 , 08:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
I Discharge now does LESS damage with 3 stacks on pts (the new max) than it does with 0 stacks currently on live.
Most of what you said is true, but my discharge never crits for nearly 8k (9 sec mark). Granted the HP pools are larger, but for me and my assassin (DG main hand/offhand, belts, bracers, relicx2 and motivatorx2, with the rest BH/Campaign) I come near 6k with 5 stacks.

DaftVaduhhh
03.06.2013 , 08:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
madness idk since i only play deception but as far as deception goes lesy burst more sustained doing about 2100-2200ish dps in the starter gear on the PTS
Try 1900. They're doing short of 2400 in top grade augments and stims/adrenals.
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

Zaxem
03.06.2013 , 10:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DaftVaduhhh View Post
Try 1900. They're doing short of 2400 in top grade augments and stims/adrenals.
Well last i did a parse was about 3 days ago and i did between 2100-2200 on the pts as deception with rakata stim adrenal + dread guard relics and i'm only using like 3 piece of gear that has the old lvl 50 augments just because i perfer pants over a skirt + the dread guard relics have augments. Maybe 1900 is the average dps with no relics and stims/adrenal
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Xienive
03.07.2013 , 07:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
Most of what you said is true, but my discharge never crits for nearly 8k (9 sec mark). Granted the HP pools are larger, but for me and my assassin (DG main hand/offhand, belts, bracers, relicx2 and motivatorx2, with the rest BH/Campaign) I come near 6k with 5 stacks.
From your gear I am assuming PVE. Not sure how it might hit vs the NPC's and what not with the new overall HP pools and stuff like you said.

My experience is always from PVP but it seems I have failed to mention that haha. My mistake.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

RougeBeaver
03.07.2013 , 07:46 AM | #9
I just hope Sins can embrace variety for a change, instead of clinging to hybrid tank builds like some kind of security blanket.

It just gets boring seeing the exact same kind of Sin every day in every PVP match.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

cycao
03.07.2013 , 09:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RougeBeaver View Post
I just hope Sins can embrace variety for a change, instead of clinging to hybrid tank builds like some kind of security blanket.

It just gets boring seeing the exact same kind of Sin every day in every PVP match.
Well get ready for more assassins running dark charge as its the only tree that has remained for the most part unchanged.