Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not All Premades are Created Equal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Not All Premades are Created Equal

Sindol
03.07.2013 , 11:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
To play devil's advocate, I'd argue that it's okay to somewhat ignore objectives because it's the PTS. The first dozen or so matches there, I was wondering why no one was playing objectives or even bothering to get our natural turret, so I ended up node sitting whole matches, as a Merc nonetheless. But the entire purpose of playing on the PTS is to test out the new classes, talents, abilities, mechanics, etc. and if I never even get the chance to do that then it's not really worth it to be testing there.
I agree with Dash here. I've played a lot of matches on the PTS and ended up sitting the node as a Juggernaut for nearly all of them.... Le sigh.
Sindol Sei
Kinetic Combat Shadow
Backrocket Bastards
RP swag, PVP flagged.

AsiriusNazriel
03.08.2013 , 09:07 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindol View Post
I agree with Dash here. I've played a lot of matches on the PTS and ended up sitting the node as a Juggernaut for nearly all of them.... Le sigh.
That's cause you're objectively biased!

You see what I did there? Yeah?
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Reimik
03.08.2013 , 05:46 PM | #13
As far as the PTS goes it makes sense to me that people will fight and test the classes rather than the objectives, if the warzone ends quickly the testing is done for that warzone. As far as the premades go I tend to group with rl friends when we get together, I don't consider us really good but we do tend to win more often than lose (We're only playing sub-50 right now ) but when something happens we rage amongst ourselves but we keep everything positive in the ops/say chat.

AlaricSevGirl
03.11.2013 , 09:18 AM | #14
Frankly, that is the problem with sPvP in SWTOR and they should follow what many of the new MMOs are doing. It shouldn't be based on gear, it should be based on talent and skill. If everyone goes in with the same gear, it is all about how good you are with your skill set. That is what SWTOR did wrong. Before I quit for 6 months, I had a PT with high valor and almost full war hero gear and I still felt this way. It shouldn't be gear progression, it should be skill progression.

stgjr
03.20.2013 , 07:10 AM | #15
I don't think TOR is the first game to do gear rewards for PvP. The Expertise stat, however, is the issue. On the other hand, without it hardcore PvPers would be at a disadvantage against hardcore raiders who PvP.

Flattening the boosts provided by Expertise may even things up, admittedly. But there are other issues to deal with.

As for not all premades being made equal.... that's even presuming it's a premade. I can't count how many times my guild has had multiple people queue up and end up together without intention.
Stevano - Scoundrel, Nidaelle - Sentinel, Tyranna - Marauder, Zaccaren - Sniper
And 14 other alts because I'm a serious altaholic.
The Torchbearer Legacy - <Stormwatch>
(Yeah, my sig is unimaginative. Can't think of anything else.)

Reimik
03.20.2013 , 08:40 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by stgjr View Post

As for not all premades being made equal.... that's even presuming it's a premade. I can't count how many times my guild has had multiple people queue up and end up together without intention.
This is also true, many times I've ended up in warzones with the same people and after a couple matches we decide to group up and have come to play together quite often after that.