Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Not All Premades are Created Equal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Not All Premades are Created Equal

DarthBror's Avatar


DarthBror
03.06.2013 , 01:34 PM | #1
Pax is a large guild, with PVE carebears, crafter, PVPrs. etc. Occasionally guild members that never PVP or are on Alts que with us. Im sure this is the case for many guilds. After all we are not on a PVP server. Not every member of every guild is expected to be a geared out beast.

I say this only because of the experience I came across last night. There was an individual who decided it was more important to troll us and complain then work cooperatively. The group we were against was a double premade of GG and AB, so being as competitve as possible was really our main objective.

The point is..

Dont assume that everyone with a paticular guild tag is the same. There are a few guilds that are very specific to PVP. However, Pax and others like us, are a community first. Skill and Gear and never a prerequisite or requirement for participation in any guild activty. (Aside from Progression raids and Ranked WZs).

Suppose there isnt much point in asking you politely (you know who you are) to keep your inflamatory comments and negativity to youself. Just realize you look like a total DoucheBag, yelling at recruit geared toons instead of showing guidence and working coheasively.

I usually dont condone leaving a WZ, However.... If your gonna get that worked and feel the need to be a total *** hat, then quit the WZ. Maybe even log and go make a sandwich.
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

hammancheez's Avatar


hammancheez
03.06.2013 , 01:57 PM | #2
Emas - Mercenary Emaze - Juggernaut Emize - Scoundrel Emoz - Assassin Emass - Operative
Silent Council

Drazzen's Avatar


Drazzen
03.06.2013 , 02:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBror View Post
Dont assume that everyone with a paticular guild tag is the same. There are a few guilds that are very specific to PVP. However, Pax and others like us, are a community first. Skill and Gear and never a prerequisite or requirement for participation in any guild activty. (Aside from Progression raids and Ranked WZs).
.
The Azure Blades echoes this sentiment and I hope everyone on our side of the match was respectful. Obviously you couldn't see what was going on in Ops chat for the pubs, but I do hope nothing inappropriate was said in "say" or whatever.

DarthBror's Avatar


DarthBror
03.06.2013 , 02:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Drazzen View Post
The Azure Blades echoes this sentiment and I hope everyone on our side of the match was respectful. Obviously you couldn't see what was going on in Ops chat for the pubs, but I do hope nothing inappropriate was said in "say" or whatever.
Not at all. I have seen nothing but sportmenship and respect from AB.. +1

I didnt get upset about the faceroll. It is what it is.
I do get upset when people start the "blame game" and troll the whole team because they cant stand to lose. If you cant control yourself and need to rage. do it off mic/out of ops chat. Your not helping things any. If fact the opposite. When your team is out geared and skilled, the last thing you need to do is demoralize them with rude comments and infighting.
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
03.06.2013 , 03:12 PM | #5
You're Emazing!
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Drazzen's Avatar


Drazzen
03.06.2013 , 03:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBror View Post
Not at all. I have seen nothing but sportmenship and respect from AB.. +1

I didnt get upset about the faceroll. It is what it is.
I do get upset when people start the "blame game" and troll the whole team because they cant stand to lose. If you cant control yourself and need to rage. do it off mic/out of ops chat. Your not helping things any. If fact the opposite. When your team is out geared and skilled, the last thing you need to do is demoralize them with rude comments and infighting.
well, i can say I'm definitely guilty of "hating" on my undergeared compatriots especially when I see the team on the other side all bubbled running out of spawn, or w/e. but i try and keep it at least polite. If people say "the other team is hacking" I respond: "No, you are just vastly outmatched by this premade." Had a Civil War like that where people were stating that we were doing fine, until they got overwhelmed....*wut?* And I said, "it's because 4 of our players have 15k hp."

I admit I am a bastard sometimes and should encourage the new 50s to keep queueing and gearing, but for some reason pub side (except late night) seems to be a lot of solo queuers up against a double premade and it gets frustrating.

Guess it cuts both ways at times.

Xienive's Avatar


Xienive
03.07.2013 , 07:54 AM | #7
I would rather have a player in recruit gear trying to be as competitive as possible than some douche in full EWH not playing objectives honestly. I don't have an issue with people who aren't geared, I only get frustrated when nobody at all is playing objectives on my team.

Not here but on PTS yesterday I was in a Huttball match neither side was playing. I died with the ball and there was a big fight going on in mid with nobody grabbing it. I waited from the time I respawned, and for the timer and got back to mid. I got to mid, grabbed the ball and scored without 1 person ever trying to stop me from their team or help me from mine. Now we did end up winning, but it was still kind of dumb that nobody was trying at all.

xxgpzxx's Avatar


xxgpzxx
03.07.2013 , 11:10 AM | #8
I need to try this PTS you speak of x_o
Mudslide Dreamy
< Severity Gaming > < Proper Villains >
Twitch
WILDSTAR HYPE M8

AsiriusNazriel's Avatar


AsiriusNazriel
03.07.2013 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
I would rather have a player in recruit gear trying to be as competitive as possible than some douche in full EWH not playing objectives honestly. I don't have an issue with people who aren't geared, I only get frustrated when nobody at all is playing objectives on my team.

Not here but on PTS yesterday I was in a Huttball match neither side was playing. I died with the ball and there was a big fight going on in mid with nobody grabbing it. I waited from the time I respawned, and for the timer and got back to mid. I got to mid, grabbed the ball and scored without 1 person ever trying to stop me from their team or help me from mine. Now we did end up winning, but it was still kind of dumb that nobody was trying at all.
There's a ton of bad QQ on those forums, it bewilders me.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Jenzali's Avatar


Jenzali
03.07.2013 , 02:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Not here but on PTS yesterday I was in a Huttball match neither side was playing. I died with the ball and there was a big fight going on in mid with nobody grabbing it. I waited from the time I respawned, and for the timer and got back to mid. I got to mid, grabbed the ball and scored without 1 person ever trying to stop me from their team or help me from mine. Now we did end up winning, but it was still kind of dumb that nobody was trying at all.
To play devil's advocate, I'd argue that it's okay to somewhat ignore objectives because it's the PTS. The first dozen or so matches there, I was wondering why no one was playing objectives or even bothering to get our natural turret, so I ended up node sitting whole matches, as a Merc nonetheless. But the entire purpose of playing on the PTS is to test out the new classes, talents, abilities, mechanics, etc. and if I never even get the chance to do that then it's not really worth it to be testing there.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.