Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day- Wednesday 3/6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question of the Day- Wednesday 3/6
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.06.2013 , 11:11 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Today's question of the day is...

Which SWTOR cinematic trailer is your favorite?

The answer undoubtedly is Return. That fight scene...

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 11:15 AM | #2
The Gunslinger is the reason Return is the best.

Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Iwipe
03.06.2013 , 11:18 AM | #3
Deceived with Darth Malgus

Or should I say Emperor Malgus

Meglivorn
03.06.2013 , 11:20 AM | #4
I actually love the "choose your side" trailer mix. And while I love all three videos for different reasons, I DO think that the choose should've been the opening cinematic to the game.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Magnusheart
03.06.2013 , 11:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
The Gunslinger is the reason Return is the best.

Oh how I wish we could have a real cowboy hat, and the jacket which is for some reason, Empire only.

Altheran
03.06.2013 , 11:26 AM | #6
Return.
Then short followed by Hope.

Dorian_gray
03.06.2013 , 11:27 AM | #7
Deceived - darkside win was just what I want in a game.

Rabenschwinge
03.06.2013 , 11:32 AM | #8
It's certainly Hope for me. I immediately fell in love with the twen Satele - her entry was just gorgeous, I love romantic world of Alderaan, I love the resolve of the troopers... I used a scene of that trailer as computer desktop wallpaper for quite a while.

In part it was of course because Satele was exactly like my... *cough* *swallow spoiler* *cough* was so much like my main character in Knights of the Old Republic. Double Blade Lightsaber. Swift, fast, agile, putting mobility and agility above defence. I must say that I was seriously disappointed when I was invited in the last few betas and had to notice that a Jedi Shadow didn't have that kinda look and feel. Rather set back, long robes...

I also liked that personal touch in the last scene.

Alright, it was somewhat stupid of the troopers to engage an enemy equipped with lightsabers by giving up their tactical superior position on that ledge, and while I found it a bit exaggerated that Malgus remains virtually untouched by direct hits of an assault cannon and a thermal detonator blowing up in his hand, but that's just how this game works. You can shoot with all kinds of crap for hours at a Juggernaut tank before he has to deal with the somewhat unpleasant environment...

Satele absorbing a lightsaber blade was... a border case - at least she has to focus on it and seems to have a hard time doing so - and it kind of reminds of Darth Vader absorbing Han's blaster bolts and it's a good idea - nothing a first time beholder would have expected. But still somewhat exaggerated.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

ZeroPlus
03.06.2013 , 11:40 AM | #9
For me it was "Hope".

I went from wanting to create a Jedi to knowing I was going to create a Trooper as my first character. Just seeing that trooper (knowing that he is facing the equivalent of a "god") refusing to back down and keep attacking the Sith... man, that blew me away...

Seeing "Return" just cemented the feeling even more. It also made me create a Smuggler as my second character .
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Laurreth
03.06.2013 , 12:01 PM | #10
Any one I could watch with antialiasing set to high, i.e., none.
I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up rantboi