Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Princess Leia Is Back!

Selorian
03.06.2013 , 06:53 AM | #1
Carrie FIsher confirmed she is back for Episode VII:

Princess Leia Is Back!

LordQordisz
03.06.2013 , 09:14 AM | #2
lol and omg at the bikini.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Rabenschwinge
03.06.2013 , 10:54 AM | #3
Well, I learned English at school and the very first time I saw Star Wars, it was in synchronized German version as a child, before I even had my first English lessons...

When I started watching the original versions of Star Wars, I must admit I was completely shocked that she had a relatively coarse and deep voice. The joke in Spaceballs where you the Princess singing in a bass voice was completely lost on me, only knowing the German version. When first watched Star Wars in English I instantly and painfully understood that scene. In a way I consider Carrie Fisher an anti-Jack Nicholson in that regard (Jack Nicholson is just too good to be synchronized, The Shining in German is outright boring and Batman looses half of its fun). Consequently, the Star Wars movies (Ep. IV - VI) are the only movies which I like better in the synchronized version than the original.

But of course I'd like to see the Princess again. I wonder whether she's still princess after the destruction of Alderaan, though.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Jacen_Starsolo
03.06.2013 , 01:53 PM | #4
Kind of old news now. She was actually said to be back before Harrison Ford was confirmed. She was the second after Mark Hamill.

Eillack
03.07.2013 , 06:22 AM | #5
And now she's saying she not.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Zaxem
03.08.2013 , 12:36 AM | #6
i'm glad she is back and disappointed cause i heard she's gonna be playing prince leia and i was hoping for a different time period or story
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

BradTheImpaler
03.08.2013 , 10:59 PM | #7
She lied. She lied to us!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

ElitehunterDS
03.09.2013 , 12:00 AM | #8
Clearly have no idea how her character as evolved in the expanded universe, i dont feel that one..
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Slightrider
03.11.2013 , 11:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
She lied. She lied to us!
Disney canon...."terminate her! immediately!"
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

jovianus
03.12.2013 , 06:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Clearly have no idea how her character as evolved in the expanded universe, i dont feel that one..
Movies > Books. The EU becomes so much fan fiction if the movie says something else.