Broken Blades AGAIN...really

stobin

BW get it right just one time. Why is it every time you release a double bladed saber you have to patch it for the blade to work right in combat? both cartel ones and now the gree one, is it really that hard to check prior to releasing it. I know it does not effect how works but really once maybe twice ok but damn 3 times!

Can you share with the rest of the class what exactly is broken?

I mean I (we?) am trying to understand your compliant but your extremely short on details to understand what specifically is happening that needs to be fixed.

The back-side blade disappears entirely, and the particle effects disappear from the visible (front-side) blade.

It looks like your sin/shadow is using any old single-bladed lightsaber.

Edited by JenseitsvonBose

The problem with BOTH saberstaffs from the Cartel Packs was that during combat (or sometimes just while running around, the "back" blade would dissapear. This resulted in what appeared to be a regular saber, with a really long hilt, being wielded in a very odd way by Assassins and Shadows.

In short, one of the blades doesn't show up some/most of the time.

Single blade sabers suffer from a simmilar problem, saber throws turn the blade back to the shorter, particle effect-less state.

Still looks boss at the start of the fight tho lol, I'm tweaking my pve rotation to eliminate saber throws ;p

I personally wish it was an option to use a saberstaff with a single blade for some attacks. I like the look of it.

Yea. It does look good from time to time. Especially the way it's held and carried. I'm ok with the bug ironically enough. I had someone ask me the other day if I was a Guardian. Err... no I'm not but thanks for asking. Lol!

• Dev Post
Hi there! This is a bug that we're aware of, and it's currently on the Known Issues. While I'm unable to tell you exactly when we'll be fixing this, unfortunately I know it's not in 1.7.2. Please watch the forums, and I'll be sure to get you guys an update as soon as we know more. Thanks!

If I had to wager a guess I would say that this might be a result of the bug where it looks like your weapon is out even though it is actually put away. Some classes don't have a problem with this (like when using pistols) but as a commando I will sometimes fire out of the gun while it is still on my back or run with it in one hand or something.

Try hitting z. If it is the bug I'm thinking of then you should take your weapon out even though you are already holding it. If I'm right then this should fix the problem. You can't do this in battle, but I hardly ever run into this problem while in battle.

Hi there! This is a bug that we're aware of, and it's currently on the Known Issues. While I'm unable to tell you exactly when we'll be fixing this, unfortunately I know it's not in 1.7.2. Please watch the forums, and I'll be sure to get you guys an update as soon as we know more. Thanks!

This is exactly the kind of feedback we should have been getting for the last year. Reasonable, adult acknowledgement of customer concerns with reasonable, adult answers.

Keep it up!

I wanted to point out that neither of the cartel pack double bladed sabers were fixed. This still occurs on all of them. I know they had a patch note that sounded like it addressed this for the warstaff but it did not do anything.

You can replicate this quite easily by looting after you kill an enemy but before your saber is sheathed automatically.

What about the positioning when sheathed? Like this , it look very wrong and confirmed out of preview as of today.. It feel like i got screwed farming rep for nothing.

What about the positioning when sheathed? Like this , it look very wrong and confirmed out of preview as of today.. It feel like i got screwed farming rep for nothing.

I noticed this as well. The hilt is as long as my arm and reaches to my knee. It looks extremely awkward. Hope it's a bug since it looks great when not sheathed. :(

Personally.. I think its hilarious and I love the bug.. especially when someone less informed comes up demanding to know where I got a single lightsaber with an extra long hilt. :cool: There are worse and far more game breaking bugs that have been in the game for longer than this one has.

Hey can we get a list of the "known issues" so people can understand of what you know and dont kow?