Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

JAWA companions PLEASE

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talahar
03.05.2013 , 05:55 PM | #21
From a Sith perspective, I'd like to state that Jawas are rats with hoods, they make funny noises when you cut them in two with your lightsaber, and cauterized Jawa flesh leaves a bacon-y smell in the air. Beyond this very apetizing odor I don't see any use for their existence.
+ =

MadBlue
03.05.2013 , 10:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
That's actually one of the reasons I dislike playing the Smuggler and the Knight.

It's just TOO "iconic". Let's break out of the mold a bit and try different pairings than Han + Chewie and Luke + R2.
I don't see why that should deter anyone from playing those classes. You only have to use the "iconic" companions for specific missions.

Kahotep
03.06.2013 , 01:37 AM | #23
Personally, I'd like to see more "normal" companions, not weirder ones. "Normal" as in typical members of that faction and preferably human. I don't play certain classes because their companions are just too strange. Blizz is the single biggest reason I don't play a Bounty Hunter.

I don't know why some people are determined to turn this game into a freak show. I love the fact that the humour in this game is the kind of humour that adds to, not detracts from the setting. Things like the smuggler making wisecracks are lovely to see and make me enjoy the game more. What I can't stand is the kind of humour that is aimed at parodying the setting. I have left MMOs in the past because it all got too silly and juvenile.

When it comes down to it, I want to play a Star Wars game, not a Star Wars parody. Everytime I see BW adding party jawas and jawagrams I come one step closer to quitting.

discbox
03.06.2013 , 03:23 AM | #24
I don't need a Jawa-Companion. Others want to have one.

Idea: If you introduce new companions, give players the choice between different options.

Blackholeskipper
03.06.2013 , 04:05 AM | #25
Spoiler

You mean companions like Malavai Quinn, Lt. Felix Iresso, and Tharan Cedrax? I can't stand them. Malavai is a slimy , Felix' voice acting is terrible, and Tharan sounds like a snotty pubescent kid. On the other hand, companions like Mako and Andronikus are pretty good. Personally I'd prefer more companions like Kaliyo or Nadia though. Human-looking but different enough to be interesting. Jawa pets are fine, one jawa companion is enough though.

edit: Hmm, actually more alien-looking companions might be better. The Gand companion for the trooper is pretty cool. There's also this bat/mouse-like race that speaks in a whistling language (appears in the movies and KOTOR II, can't remember the species) that's jawa-like. It could make a decent alternative to a Jawa.

Master-Nala
03.06.2013 , 05:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kahotep View Post
Personally, I'd like to see more "normal" companions, not weirder ones. "Normal" as in typical members of that faction and preferably human. I don't play certain classes because their companions are just too strange. Blizz is the single biggest reason I don't play a Bounty Hunter.
Except for the Trooper, every class has more human companions than any other alien species or race.

Quote:
I don't know why some people are determined to turn this game into a freak show. I love the fact that the humour in this game is the kind of humour that adds to, not detracts from the setting. Things like the smuggler making wisecracks are lovely to see and make me enjoy the game more. What I can't stand is the kind of humour that is aimed at parodying the setting. I have left MMOs in the past because it all got too silly and juvenile.
I hear you man. I mean it's not like George Lucas had some freaky alien clown in Ep.1 named Jar-Jar or had the characters walking around with a golden prissy robot. I mean where did Bioware even come up with Jawas in the first place? It's not like you saw them in the first 30 minutes of the first movie or anything?
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Master-Nala
03.06.2013 , 06:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Party Jawa it is then.
Just want a jawa. Party Jawa would be nice if it was permanent and didn't have all that other crap like ballons and confetti.

Walks behind you. Says funny Jawa like things if you talk to them. Randomly picks the pockets of enemies while I'm fighting them!
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 07:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Just want a jawa. Party Jawa would be nice if it was permanent and didn't have all that other crap like ballons and confetti.
I'm sorry, but Party Jawa without Balloons and Confetti is not Party Jawa.

Whimmy Wham Wham Wazzle.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Master-Nala
03.06.2013 , 11:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
I'm sorry, but Party Jawa without Balloons and Confetti is not Party Jawa.

Whimmy Wham Wham Wazzle.
Correct, want non-party Jawa.

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 11:11 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Correct, want non-party Jawa.
Illogical request.

All Jawas are party jawas.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").