Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

JAWA companions PLEASE

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Majspuffen
03.05.2013 , 02:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RamathRS View Post
Wow... really?

"So play Bounty Hunter!" was your best response? You have got to be kidding me...
At the risk of going all star wars-lore nerd here..

Jawas are scavengers on Tatooine. They are a shady bunch that steals droids. I doubt they'd have any real interest in this war between the empire and republic. Why would they want to accompany anyone? They aren't pets.

Andryah
03.05.2013 , 02:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RamathRS View Post
Wow... really?

"So play Bounty Hunter!" was your best response? You have got to be kidding me...
Sometimes, the correct response IS the best response.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah
03.05.2013 , 02:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
At the risk of going all star wars-lore nerd here..

Jawas are scavengers on Tatooine. They are a shady bunch that steals droids. I doubt they'd have any real interest in this war between the empire and republic. Why would they want to accompany anyone? They aren't pets.
On the other hand... if you hand one a rocket launcher.... you know he's going to pull the trigger.

He won't sell it until it's empty and worthless either.

Perfect companion for a Bounty Hunter IMO. Jedi have no business associating with Jawa at all, much less as a companion to play along side.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Izorii
03.05.2013 , 02:30 PM | #14
I suspect that a Jawa compaion might sell well on the Cartel market. Kinda like HK, purchase him with a mini quest to get him and once you have him allow an unlock on all other characters. Maybe make him a healer compaion (one thing I hated on my BH was getting a Jawa compaion and having to dump him on the ship because a BH Tank dont really need a tank compaion) and by having the new compaion be a Jawa it would save on voice overs.

Koyaanisqat
03.05.2013 , 02:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
On the other hand... if you hand one a rocket launcher.... you know he's going to pull the trigger. .
In his defense, how Blizz arrived off-planet in Hoth, and how he even got his namesake, are far-fetched tales that are incredibly rare and a mixture of dumb-luck and being at the wrong place at the right time.

Kind of like Hoar the Tusken Raider, whom by sheer dumb-luck, became a master of the Jedi Art of Teras Kasi.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

well
03.05.2013 , 03:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
I suspect that a Jawa compaion might sell well on the Cartel market. Kinda like HK, purchase him with a mini quest to get him and once you have him allow an unlock on all other characters. Maybe make him a healer compaion (one thing I hated on my BH was getting a Jawa compaion and having to dump him on the ship because a BH Tank dont really need a tank compaion) and by having the new compaion be a Jawa it would save on voice overs.
I would buy one if he was on the Cartel list.I have had a BH and Blitz was the best companion in my opinion.He was so cool he made Fonzie look like a nerd.

Amlici
03.05.2013 , 03:30 PM | #17
I'm gearing up my Blizz Jawa companion on my new Bounty Hunter alt as we speak. Hes funny
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

DarthTHC
03.05.2013 , 03:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Have 2. Want one for my Jedi. Just a pet, he doesn't have to do anything.
Every one of my characters has this stupid Jawa on a balloon thing. I forget how I got it. Not a companion. Not a pet. More like a "toy"?

Eldrenath
03.05.2013 , 03:50 PM | #19
I kinda like that there are certain companions that are sort of exclusive to a certain class. Jawa is an iconic SW race, it's great to see it in the game, and it's great that it's not super common. It's another incentive to play a different class and try it out.

For example, I really like the Wookie race, ever since I was a kid. One of the reasons I really wanted to play a smuggler was to get a wookie companion. It was a neat feature of playing a smuggler.

DarthTHC
03.05.2013 , 03:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
I kinda like that there are certain companions that are sort of exclusive to a certain class. Jawa is an iconic SW race, it's great to see it in the game, and it's great that it's not super common. It's another incentive to play a different class and try it out.

For example, I really like the Wookie race, ever since I was a kid. One of the reasons I really wanted to play a smuggler was to get a wookie companion. It was a neat feature of playing a smuggler.
That's actually one of the reasons I dislike playing the Smuggler and the Knight.

It's just TOO "iconic". Let's break out of the mold a bit and try different pairings than Han + Chewie and Luke + R2.