Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Display Name Only Log In - Coming April 2, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Display Name Only Log In - Coming April 2, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SpencerJWC's Avatar


SpencerJWC
03.09.2013 , 12:29 PM | #461
i very much disagree with what their doing with this, changing it from your email to display name is a terrible idea, as everyone on here has pointed out it makes us that much more susceptible to hacking, maybe if we all complain enough they wont do it LOL

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
03.09.2013 , 02:18 PM | #462
Is this even considered safe? Since everyone can see my display name in-game?
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
03.09.2013 , 02:19 PM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by SpencerJWC View Post
i very much disagree with what their doing with this, changing it from your email to display name is a terrible idea, as everyone on here has pointed out it makes us that much more susceptible to hacking, maybe if we all complain enough they wont do it LOL
I don't believe you've actually read this thread if that is what you think.

Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Is this even considered safe? Since everyone can see my display name in-game?
I just logged in with my display name now and have for a while. You can try and hack me if you want.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Pscyon's Avatar


Pscyon
03.09.2013 , 02:26 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I just logged in with my display name now and have for a while. You can try and hack me if you want.
Password doesn't seem to be 1234. I'm stumped.
Sith Sorcerer

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
03.09.2013 , 02:29 PM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Password doesn't seem to be 1234. I'm stumped.
You were getting close but remember that passwords require you to have a captial letter and more characters than that.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

BobaScott's Avatar


BobaScott
03.09.2013 , 03:42 PM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
You were getting close but remember that passwords require you to have a captial letter and more characters than that.
Sooo 1234A then. Got it, thanks for your stuff.

Fireswraith's Avatar


Fireswraith
03.09.2013 , 04:34 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Please be aware that beginning on April 2, 2013, logging in to the game or website will require your Display Name. Email addresses will no longer be accepted; your Display Name will be the only accepted option.

Read More
I don't know why you guys are just doing this now, I was saying this ever since Beta. And getting Display Names changed can't be that hard and should definitely be looked at for those that might want to change theirs for being their login ID. I got mine changed actually, got the email to prove it.

Fireswraith's Avatar


Fireswraith
03.09.2013 , 04:36 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by ripamorame View Post
Its simple dont want to get hacked dont post ;-) its probably a way out of replying to post ;-) oh bioware u so crazy
Someone took my avatar pic, I do not like this. Can BioWare make a customized one just for me?

TangledDruid's Avatar


TangledDruid
03.09.2013 , 07:52 PM | #469
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruhrpottpatriot View Post
A quick question for our head of security:
Has there been a thought of switching form the current SK app to the Google SK app? Arena net has scrapped their own version of an authenticator in favour for Googles.
I think this could also benefit TOR, as the Google app is probably used by more people. It also has Blackberry support already.
I sure hope not.

"let Google it" is not a proper IT solution.

buaala's Avatar


buaala
03.09.2013 , 10:45 PM | #470
This is crap! Should at least be optional if you use a security key...