Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Incoming Left!

Daxy
03.05.2013 , 10:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
I'll take "other door" over no call. "Other door" tells me there is trouble and to check out my mini-map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgJ4WBLu8c#t=40s

Again, any information, even if it's harder to decipher while playing, is better than none. Not sure if you are making a joke about the thread in general but regardless these days I'll take whatever I can get versus no communication at all.

"Other door" is still better than nothing imo.
^^ this

the "other door" is usually reserved for those rabblerabble derp pugs where the whole mass moves together
and the "other door" is the one where everyone isnt

Ridickilis
03.05.2013 , 10:50 AM | #22
With respect to VS calls and L/R, you guys are probably right and E/W is more definitive. I guess I've noticed a lot of other's using the 'L/R from spawn' calls enough to assume that was 'universally' accepted as the call to use in this WZ.

I also never ever take into consideration the mini map for directions. I don't know if that's good or bad but I have seen people calling directions off the mini map which is usually backwards from the M map.

And when attacking and someone says 'all left, stealth right' that too is based off your own attacking respawn vantage. Again, this is just what I've noticed.

LanceCorporalDan
03.05.2013 , 11:05 AM | #23
If they can't understand a map, then I can't help them really.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Altheran
03.05.2013 , 11:10 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
I also never ever take into consideration the mini map for directions. I don't know if that's good or bad but I have seen people calling directions off the mini map which is usually backwards from the M map.
The minimap is only a zoomed and more detailed version of the M map. It is never backwards.

Arlanon
03.05.2013 , 11:42 AM | #25
Door / Other Door

cause left/right and west/east are too confusing. just like up/down etc

Atramar
03.05.2013 , 12:22 PM | #26
If BW would provide 'N/S/W/E' on minimap/map for those direction challenged, it would all be simple.
it's harder to misspell 'snow' with 'grass' while WEAST is common mistake.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

criminalheretic
03.05.2013 , 12:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
And CW I never understood because the path back to middle from the left takes you past the enemy spawn area; whereas if you had taken the right node, you scrape back by where your own team is coming from.
It's a shorter initial run to go left out of spawn in CW (by about the exact width of mid) and one could argue that it is advantageous to run by the enemie's spawn when cycling back to mid; while you never really want to fight off the node, it's better to intercept the other team before they get to your node, plus you might intercept anyone that is running back over to your off node, whereas if they are running to their natural you will be all the way across the wz from them and have to turn around.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

AdmiralOnasi
03.05.2013 , 12:42 PM | #28
The only one where this gets confusing is Voidstar. I've always thought using cardinal directions would be easier and cause less confusion than "left/right".

cycao
03.05.2013 , 12:43 PM | #29
Well if we are really getting down to it, voidstar is a ship in space so we should all be using port and starboard...just sayin.

Capt_Beers
03.05.2013 , 12:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
*looks left, looks right, he sees one enemy.* I think guy spoke about the doors other then those I'm on now.
If you're in the spawn in Voidstar it's tough to tell which way to go when someone does this. Especially if half your team is in there with you it can be tough to tell which door is under pressure.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics