Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Incoming Left!

FearlessTeapot
03.05.2013 , 09:44 AM | #1
Really? This still exists? I reactivated recently, I haven't played since release. Back then, there was a constant argument about calling it L/R, or E/W. Now, a lot of people call the nodes Snow or Grass in Civil War, though other maps still have the issue. It's kind've funny that this hasn't been sorted yet.

Master_Nate
03.05.2013 , 09:48 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by FearlessTeapot View Post
Really? This still exists? I reactivated recently, I haven't played since release. Back then, there was a constant argument about calling it L/R, or E/W. Now, a lot of people call the nodes Snow or Grass in Civil War, though other maps still have the issue. It's kind've funny that this hasn't been sorted yet.
I don't understand. What still exists? What is there to sort out?

L/R....E/W.....who cares, really? As long as their is communication you should consider yourself lucky.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

NoTomorrow
03.05.2013 , 09:57 AM | #3
"Incoming other door"

Good luck finding out which is "other" door.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Atramar
03.05.2013 , 10:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
"Incoming other door"

*looks left, looks right, he sees one enemy.* I think guy spoke about the doors other then those I'm on now.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Ridickilis
03.05.2013 , 10:03 AM | #5
This has been debated to death here already. (I'm too lazy to find the threads right now but they're here in the pvp forums.)

CW - east/west or snow/grass is acceptable.
NC - is just east/west
Voidstar - left/right from facing out of your respawn vantage point. Some still use east/west but I feel this is the map where L/R works best.
AH - just 'pylon' or P for short.

Boyana
03.05.2013 , 10:04 AM | #6
"Incoming other door"

Good luck to people playing with you.

Yeochins
03.05.2013 , 10:05 AM | #7
This is only a problem if you lack situational awareness. People who still complain about calling left/right/east/west/up/down/grass/snow are players who think they are good but really are mediocre.

If you have situational awareness what they call isn't important because you should already know where the action will be.

Caeliux
03.05.2013 , 10:06 AM | #8
< left and west

> right and east

theSCARAYone
03.05.2013 , 10:09 AM | #9
This is how I call in warzones.

Civil War - Snow, Grass, Mid

Novare - East, West, South

Voidstar - Left or Right, which is based upon Left or Right When you are facing forwards out of you're spawn. Most people call this way too. I love it when an idiots says "I'don't know which way (insert left or right here) is"

Hypergates - 9/10 warzones we only have 1 node the whole time so I usually call, our node inc - #. Althought what I find funny about this one is there is an agreement between the reps and emps on my server atleast that you always go to the node left out of the spawn.

Master_Nate
03.05.2013 , 10:09 AM | #10
"Incoming other door"

I'll take "other door" over no call. "Other door" tells me there is trouble and to check out my mini-map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgJ4WBLu8c#t=40s

Again, any information, even if it's harder to decipher while playing, is better than none. Not sure if you are making a joke about the thread in general but regardless these days I'll take whatever I can get versus no communication at all.

"Other door" is still better than nothing imo.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five