Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roleplay?

sharpenedstick
03.06.2013 , 05:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhexit View Post
Pretty much this, hell, I did that for quite some time.
For instance, one easy way to get involved in RP is to assist where you see other people trying to get an event started.

Like, say, here...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606826

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 07:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sharpenedstick View Post
for instance, one easy way to get involved in rp is to assist where you see other people trying to get an event started.

Like, say, here...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606826
totally not a shameless plug guys
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

sharpenedstick
03.06.2013 , 03:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
totally not a shameless plug guys
Yeah, how terrible it is to see people wanting more RP and trying to provide it. I should be banned!

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 03:24 PM | #14
Yeah, how terrible it is to see people wanting more RP and trying to provide it. I should be banned!
Oooh come on, I'm just giving you a hard time. Don't mean nothin' by it.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

sharpenedstick
03.06.2013 , 03:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Oooh come on, I'm just giving you a hard time. Don't mean nothin' by it.
You can make it up to us by participating!

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 04:01 PM | #16
You can make it up to us by participating!
Don't you usually try to shoot me in the face? I try to keep things from shooting into my face.

Silvenium
03.10.2013 , 10:07 PM | #17
I kind of have a bad habit of asking and not providing, myself.

Mostly because I'm brand-spankin' new to this game (Haven't a toon over level 25!) and I have some issues when it comes to actually asking people for some help in the RP scene.
Incel'agun'doro - Ruthless Chiss who's aligned himself with the underworld.
Ram'icu'sabosen - "Retired" professor.
Sedun Arkenun - Dark sided Arkanian who embraces his people's stigmas.

Anishor
03.15.2013 , 10:47 AM | #18
The slippery slope is usually pretty busy and rp is all over the place if you know how to look or start rp yourselt.
Penumbral, Jung Ma server
Sranishor ( Vengeance *main* ) Sran'ishor ( Marauder *alt* )
PVP Officer
"My passion and the force shows me more than your eyes ever could."

Jeul
03.16.2013 , 02:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Silvenium View Post
I kind of have a bad habit of asking and not providing, myself.

Mostly because I'm brand-spankin' new to this game (Haven't a toon over level 25!) and I have some issues when it comes to actually asking people for some help in the RP scene.

Well, get in a better habit of asking for help or info when you need it!

I just came back after a long hiatus and I'm still finding the RP hotspots, but if you're game for RP, there are a bunch of ways to get into it. Here are three -

1 - Ask around for RP guilds. These are the best for starters because they give you a backdrop and a cast of people in which to draw experience from. Ask in general chat who the RP guilds are if you don't know. The RP guilds don't generally mind you asking in this way, either. It's /say that should stay in character ( IC )
2 - Walking is a HUGE sign for RPers. If you turn on walk and start walking around, people will identify you as an RPer.
3 - Join a custom RP channel. On Jung Ma, the channel is "RP". So, you would type in, "/cjoin RP". This is where some of us RPers have a mutual channel in which to let others know about RP events that are going on ( or just to ask where something MAY be happening ).

Most RPers are nice people, so just ask around. The SW universe is pretty big as it is.

Good luck!
Junah
The Eventide
Jung Ma ( Formerly of VZ )

Brant_Flir
03.22.2013 , 08:23 AM | #20
If you ever see Ronyxis Flir--a big-*** Mandalorian powertech in white armor with blue stripes, he is always looking to RP, as is Avaugh'nix, a large Chiss sniper from Imperial Security Forces.

Besides the Slippery Slopes, which seems to be overrun with ERPers these days, there are the races every week in Outlaws Den on Tatooine (Just don't disturb the peace, as Clan Epsis is under contract as security for the races) and Moe's Swoop Gang has been hard at work designing a racing event on Alderaan.

RP is everywhere, you just have to look--although I do wish there was more RP than the current state, but I'm not greedy.