Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Roleplay?


JediGnat's Avatar


JediGnat
03.05.2013 , 02:18 AM | #1
Granted... it's been a year since I played. Got up to 40th and quit. (yep, a Founder)

But, wanted to see if I should dump the game, so came online and saw this server. Roleplay, PVP?
Totally into this sort of thing, because realism is my gig. (40+ years RP, many styles, love being killed!)

This was a week ago, and have been playing hard.
A few 9th levelers... then when 'broke out' with a sharpshooter and am now 33rd level.
But... very little RP. Seems like any old MMorg, but haven't tried hard to interact yet.

Here are my questions:
What's out there for us old players seeking RP/PvPgame? Who do I join? Should I join anyone?

KathiosLorano's Avatar


KathiosLorano
03.05.2013 , 08:03 AM | #2
All the roleplay would be in the cantina on Nar Shadaa or within a guild so I would recommend joining a guild that offers RP.
[Jung Ma] Remnants of Hope- Kathios Lorano
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"
www.remnantsofhope.com

Vhexit's Avatar


Vhexit
03.05.2013 , 09:10 AM | #3
If you're looking for more serious, less drama-filled RP, I suggest not going to Nar Shaddaa. Every day someone finds a way to cause an unnecessary amount of drama, or someone will go in and type "How r u, can I have 13 drinks?"
I really only find myself returning there to RP with the few I enjoy to do it with.
It's fairly easy to find RP outside of Nar-nar, just remember that walking is generally considered an invitation to RP.

Koyaanisqat's Avatar


Koyaanisqat
03.05.2013 , 10:16 AM | #4
I dunno about that..

I'm always in character. It's ticked more people off in warzones than you would think, but less than you'd hope.

Being in-character in flashpoints and operations is the hypest ****.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Vhexit's Avatar


Vhexit
03.05.2013 , 10:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
I dunno about that..

I'm always in character. It's ticked more people off in warzones than you would think, but less than you'd hope.

Being in-character in flashpoints and operations is the hypest ****.
Yea, I remember healing with you in my group, I was confused when you were saying things like "Ride it like you stole it" right after seeing you talk in general chat on the fleet.
And it did take me a bit to realize you were IC while pvping. Hehe.
First time I saw ya' was in a pvp event, You and at least twenty other people fought our small group of ten, I was last left, then just attempted to leave the area, got pulled, you said "Folds like paper" I got a little pissed off there XD.

LanceCorporalDan's Avatar


LanceCorporalDan
03.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #6
I suggest find a guild that rp's as well as many guild hold in-guild rp events, multi-guild rp events, and even server events such as tonight there is a swoop race on Tatooine. I don't have the link ATM but there is a list of recurring events for the server.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

JediGnat's Avatar


JediGnat
03.05.2013 , 12:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhexit View Post
Yea, I remember healing with you in my group, I was confused when you were saying things like "Ride it like you stole it" right after seeing you talk in general chat on the fleet.
And it did take me a bit to realize you were IC while pvping. Hehe.
First time I saw ya' was in a pvp event, You and at least twenty other people fought our small group of ten, I was last left, then just attempted to leave the area, got pulled, you said "Folds like paper" I got a little pissed off there XD.
*guffaw!* That is simply unadulterated hilarity.

Koyaanisqat's Avatar


Koyaanisqat
03.05.2013 , 12:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediGnat View Post
*guffaw!* That is simply unadulterated hilarity.
I built Elgyn to be a wise-***, smart-cracking, obnoxious sort of alien who can't keep his mouth shut for anything. So to RP him properly, I've got to do a lot of spatial chatting in /say. He doesn't have to be witty, just.. loud -- and somewhat scummy towards women if I can help it. That's not to say he's a misogynist, but he is very vain, and thinks this is good enough to pass for any woman he meets.

It's gotten him more friends than enemies, but to claim that people aren't off-put or find him irresistably irritating would be invalid, but that's what I was going for.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

sharpenedstick's Avatar


sharpenedstick
03.05.2013 , 03:35 PM | #9
There's a lot of talk about how there's no RP, or that people wish there would be more RP, or more ways to RP, and yet there's no effort to support any attempt to increase RP.

Vhexit's Avatar


Vhexit
03.05.2013 , 04:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by sharpenedstick View Post
There's a lot of talk about how there's no RP, or that people wish there would be more RP, or more ways to RP, and yet there's no effort to support any attempt to increase RP.
Pretty much this, hell, I did that for quite some time.