Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inc West 3

Master_Nate
03.05.2013 , 08:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
What makes me rage are undefended nodes. If you are too pro to stay at the node after you cap it, let someone else take it.

Seems to be most prevalent in Hypergates.
I'm with you there Larry. I've gotten to the point where I'll always be looking over my shoulder on this map to keep our node in view. As soon as I see the person on our team cap and leave, out there I go. I don't even take the time to argue about it in OPS chat as it does no good.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

heechJunzi
03.05.2013 , 08:53 AM | #22
You know what would help? Macros.

Like if I type /hw 3, it sends out over ops chat "HELP INCOMING WEST - 3 spotted". I would spam that 3-4 times in. A row to make sure it's seen.

In the good old MUD days, I would throw I a few ANSI characters so the HELP is magenta and blinking too. Oh why has technology gone backwards?
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Technohic
03.05.2013 , 08:58 AM | #23
Doesn't hitting you up arrow scroll to the last thing you said? Or am I just thinking it does from too many command lines at work?

islander
03.05.2013 , 09:01 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Don't confuse "skill" with having to overcome inconvenience.
It does take skill to type for help while defending a node. Stop being lazy.
I have NO problems calling incoming early, even when attacked. Unless I get hit with double stealthers, and inc 1-2 turns into 3-4.

Your #1 job is to call for help. #2 job is to stall them as long as you possibly can.

Let me give you another example. I'll GLADLY die in a warzone early if during that time I can properly mark two healers before I do so. Considering about 5-10% of all PvPers actually do this, I consider this my contribution to my melee DPSers who can maybe focus their zerg a bit more constructively.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DweezillKagemand
03.05.2013 , 09:15 AM | #25
They stunned my keyboard.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

LanceCorporalDan
03.05.2013 , 09:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
What makes me rage are undefended nodes. If you are too pro to stay at the node after you cap it, let someone else take it.

Seems to be most prevalent in Hypergates.
My favorite is when I return a cube to the pylon in Hypergate, and the guard goes mid as I come in with the cube and I look at him as we pass by like " da *** guard?" That's cool leave your one of your best dps on the team here.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Ainsland
03.05.2013 , 09:32 AM | #27
I just wish everyone can type in the number of ppl incoming if possible. I've lost count on the number of times someone says "inc snow/grass", and 6 on our team leaves mid wide open to lose, just to kill that one person on the other node.

LarryRow
03.05.2013 , 09:40 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
My favorite is when I return a cube to the pylon in Hypergate, and the guard goes mid as I come in with the cube and I look at him as we pass by like " da *** guard?" That's cool leave your one of your best dps on the team here.
Actually I wish more players would get on board with rotating the guard when people drop off cubes. It cuts down on the time your team is undermanned at mid. The only problem with this catching on is that then people won't pick up cubes so they don't risk getting stuck at the pylon.

Similarly, in Novare Coast when holding East and West, I really wish people would figure out that respawners should go to their near node and the guy guarding it can run to the far node. If I'm guarding I always try to get this going in chat.

Honestly, Bioware just needs to stop making warzones that require someone to stand around for long periods of time. Huttball and Voidstar are the only ones where everyone sees action most of the time.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Ridickilis
03.05.2013 , 09:48 AM | #29
There are times when 2-3 stealthers will get the jump on you, two of them ganking you while the other is capping. So even when you do call the moment you get faceplanted, chances are it's still going to be too late for help to arrive.

I do like to follow up 'W3' with a '911' in those instances (which should translate to: they're on me, not on the way to me) but still a high chance of losing it.

Here is another one. Just last night we had 7 (including me) vs 3 at mid when our east got capped. No call. Who's fault was that? I was the first to peel (without a call) but I wasn't even half way there when they got the cap. I was a n00b for not peeling sooner, the other 6 were even worse than that, but the guy defending east took all the blame in chat. I say it wasn't his fault, the 7 of us aught to be ashamed of our own lack of awareness. Should he have called? Yes. Did we really need one in that scenario? No.

^^^And Yeah everything LarryRow just said (especially about rotating on NC). Though I personally don't mind node duty, I take pride in it. I never find it boring cause you never know when you're about to get jumped. So it is exiting in that respect. For me anyway.

islander
03.05.2013 , 10:05 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Even better when they abandon the only healer there. That happens.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five