Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does BW care about the PvPers ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Does BW care about the PvPers ??

Zajfien
03.04.2013 , 11:25 PM | #1
starting to believe they think we'll just forget by the time the CC wears off .... which it never does ... perma-cc i'll hold out and see what 2.0 actually gives us.
if it's still stupidly unbalanced and perma-cc i'll just pack up and try the next thing.

rlamela
03.04.2013 , 11:32 PM | #2
seriously CC in this game isn't that bad. Sure it is annoying but it isn't game breaking or anything.

Jenna'syyde

BlindingShadow
03.04.2013 , 11:43 PM | #3
It's not that bad. People just don't know when to use their stun breakers. And don't forget you have your own plethora of cc's to use as well. When in doubt, or being chain cc'd, mashing your own stun is not a bad idea...
Umbras Quis, Republic Special Forces
Smuggler; Scoundrel
Prophecy of the Five Server

Xienive
03.04.2013 , 11:45 PM | #4
I have never understood why groups of 3 and 4+ people will stunlock one guy to death. I mean of course they aren't going to live anyway but still, why would everybody in the group waste all their stuns just to prevent one guy from getting like 3 hits in on somebody?
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Pistols-GS
03.04.2013 , 11:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
seriously CC in this game isn't that bad. Sure it is annoying but it isn't game breaking or anything.

Jenna'syyde
The amount of CC's is indeed extreme, but it's the CC break that needs fine tuning. I'd be fine with the current amount of stuns in this game, if the CC break reset upon each death. Otherwise, it is indeed bad...especially for those who partake in Rankeds. I'd like to see more skill involved.

Quote: Originally Posted by BlindingShadow View Post
When in doubt, or being chain cc'd, mashing your own stun is not a bad idea...
And this is why I shudder in regards to the overall mentality of PvP'ers in this game lol.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

rlamela
03.05.2013 , 12:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
The amount of CC's is indeed extreme, but it's the CC break that needs fine tuning. I'd be fine with the current amount of stuns in this game, if the CC break reset upon each death. Otherwise, it is indeed bad...especially for those who partake in Rankeds. I'd like to see more skill involved.

And this is why I shudder in regards to the overall mentality of PvP'ers in this game lol.
I don't know. Ever since I stopped worrying aboot my resolve bar I feel like I have way more control of my toon. I used to use my CC breaker when full white barred, but now I just use it if the situation calls for it. I don't even show my resolve bar on screen anymore. I see way to many people use their CC breaker on mezz's or using it when they are stunned and being focused (you will die anyways). I mean unless you are in danger of losing a node, just eat the stun.

Jenna'syyde

Zajfien
03.05.2013 , 08:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post

Less CC / More Fight.
i don't enjoy perma-cc. you spend way to much time in this cc or that cc.
and i don't think being able to cc one to death envolves skill .. that player just gets to watch the action (his death)

CC need a extreme tuning
shuddering right along with ya

Cretinus
03.05.2013 , 08:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
I have never understood why groups of 3 and 4+ people will stunlock one guy to death. I mean of course they aren't going to live anyway but still, why would everybody in the group waste all their stuns just to prevent one guy from getting like 3 hits in on somebody?
Because these 3 hits will kill that somebody, if that somebody is a sorc and the guy hitting him is a melee.
nerf operatives

Technohic
03.05.2013 , 08:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
I don't know. Ever since I stopped worrying aboot my resolve bar I feel like I have way more control of my toon. I used to use my CC breaker when full white barred, but now I just use it if the situation calls for it. I don't even show my resolve bar on screen anymore. I see way to many people use their CC breaker on mezz's or using it when they are stunned and being focused (you will die anyways). I mean unless you are in danger of losing a node, just eat the stun.

Jenna'syyde
I don't know if thats such a good idea to not pay attention to your resolve bar. I know I have started paying attention to other players resolve bar, and if I see them use their breaker without full resolve, that tells me I am free to fill that sucker up they will be helpless until its gone.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

VarrusTheEthical
03.05.2013 , 08:50 AM | #10
OP, so long as you don't play a Merc or Commando, then yes.
The Starshield Legacy

Volk- Commando, Dahl- Jedi Guardian, Palantine- Sith Juggernaut.