Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

races you DONT want playable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
races you DONT want playable

Dzan
03.10.2013 , 09:08 AM | #21
Dont want Togruta and Voss,also dont want more recolored humans.

Berronaxftw
03.10.2013 , 10:56 AM | #22
Uggnaut or however you spell it.. the piglet men.

Rodians .. or idk, the guys who have a fly face like this

Path-x
03.10.2013 , 01:48 PM | #23
I think we have enough playable species already.

Even now I think Empire classes should be more restrictive. Agent should only be able to pick human (anything else doesn't make sense, yes even Chiss doesn't make sense, they are allies to the Empire but there is no way they would let a non-human in II structure). Warrior should be confined to Human and Sith. Inquisitor should be confined to Human and Sith (for the obvious storyline reason, ancestry). While Bounty Hunter is okay as it is.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Blackholeskipper
03.10.2013 , 02:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kane_Ren View Post
Anything from EU
Pff, to me Star Wars is nothing but a childhood memory without the EU. Anyway, no Gungans, Ewoks, or Sullustans. Yes to Taungs (!), Duros, Rodians, Chagrians (want to see some females in the game!), Trandoshans, and Wookiees. Wookiee jedi would be weird though... maybe they'd be better as NPCs.

Arvig
03.11.2013 , 06:35 AM | #25
I'm going to be the odd man out and say I have no issues with Gungans. To me, we get a bad impression of them due to Jar-Jar. If we had met one that wasn't a clumsy ditz first, we might have a better impression of them. So Gunguns I actually have no issue with as long as everyone doesn't play them as Jar-Jar clones.

I also don't mind Jawas. I won't go into details but I think one of the world quests even has a force sensitive Jawa, so they could be trained to be jedi and sith.

Having said that, one would have to do something like maybe have platonic only responses for companions. Both are probably too alien, especially Jawas to attract any of the companions that have romance options IMO.

I'm actually not fully sure there's a race I'd truly say "no" to. Even things I'd never play I figure should be possible, someone can have fun with them. I haven't seen the guy in a long while but someone was using full Sand People armor and RPing as a Sand Person pubtender on fleet. As bizarre and implausable as that sounds, they managed to make it work and work well IMO. So why not a Sand Person, at least again if most or all the romance options are gone? Someone had fun playing one via social armor/garb.

jasonthelamb
03.11.2013 , 06:37 AM | #26
No Hutts

Blackholeskipper
03.11.2013 , 10:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
No Hutts
You don't think this is awesome?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...orion_TERC.jpg
hehehe

kirorx
03.11.2013 , 05:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by scarlet_magpie View Post
NO TO EWOKS, JAWAS, UGNAUGHTS , SNAGGLETOOTHS AND YODA RACES!!

But YES to TRANDOSHAN! SULLUSTAN and MON CALAMARI!!
100% in Aggreement.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

fettpett
03.11.2013 , 06:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
gungans[were not even found until about 1000 years before the events of Episode 1].
Not true at all, Naboo is in this game (mentioned) , and Gungan's are known of now.

Though I do agree on not wanting them as PC's. Ewoks wont be, thats a given as Endor isn't discovered.

I don't want Cathar unless they fix the model and give them freaking MANES like they are suppose to have.

Antisthienes
03.12.2013 , 08:00 AM | #30
No Ewoks, No Hutts, No Shistavanens or anything that would require you to put down a pet deposit on yourself