Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Failure

PlagaNerezza
03.04.2013 , 10:02 PM | #1
No gear progression
No guild based objective pvp
No pvp season

Last I checked this game has been out for a long time. The first real expansion represents nothing but mission fluff and adds zero to the end game purpose. Until this game address what the point of engaging in pvp/pve at the end game I expect this game to continue on a downward trend.

I am checking out for a while. I don't expect this game to improve the end game content for those loyal players who have stuck around. The game continues to move towards players who haven't paid a dime. Meanwhile the basics continue to keep getting worse for those players who paid and invested time and money.

I'd like to see at some point guilds mean just something. When will we see pve and pvp that means more than gear?

At some juncture you have to actual build upon the story and allow us some sort of development of the characters. I pvp almost strictly and have found myself wondering just what you are doing with this games fabulously designed end game content?

Nothing is my assessment. Maybe this secret patch has more, but from what is on PTS at this time I am checking out. Send me an email in 6 months when you decide to put actual content for end game for me to play.
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!

DrumDeity
03.04.2013 , 10:09 PM | #2
This ENTIRE patch is geared towards end game, adding on new content for level 50s to go up to 55. This is exactly the character progression you were talking about! More PvP and PvE will be added later. Patience is key, not just to MMOs, but to everything.
Hillkiller Legacy- The Bastion (US)
Elran- Level 55 Jedi Guardian--- Snippersniper- Level 55 Sniper--- Look'alike- Level 55 Commando--- Huntardinspace- Level 22 Mercenary--- Iknowthatheal- Level 15 Sith Sorcerer

Xienive
03.04.2013 , 10:10 PM | #3
Really they are focusing on the WRONG things in PVP. Sure balance is important...but instead of trying to re-balance everything, give us a stupid new bolster, re-work stats, etc....they should be focusing on:

New WZ's

New maps for current WZ objectives

Dueling arenas

Reasons to do open world PVP

Places where we can CONVENIENTLY access quickly for open world PVP

Instead we have a bunch of new unbalanced crap that is just annoying, wasn't asked for and was not needed at all. A couple classes needed a buff and everything else needed to be left alone, period. They are focusing on the wrong things. They also need to quit trying to change things that are working just fine.

rlamela
03.04.2013 , 10:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Really they are focusing on the WRONG things in PVP. Sure balance is important...but instead of trying to re-balance everything, give us a stupid new bolster, re-work stats, etc....they should be focusing on:

New WZ's

New maps for current WZ objectives

Dueling arenas

Reasons to do open world PVP

Places where we can CONVENIENTLY access quickly for open world PVP

Instead we have a bunch of new unbalanced crap that is just annoying, wasn't asked for and was not needed at all. A couple classes needed a buff and everything else needed to be left alone, period. They are focusing on the wrong things. They also need to quit trying to change things that are working just fine.
If you need a reason to do open world pvp, then you shouldn't be doing open world pvp.

Jenna'syyde

Xienive
03.04.2013 , 10:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
If you need a reason to do open world pvp, then you shouldn't be doing open world pvp.

Jenna'syyde
Regardless of your opinion which is kinda stupid, the fact is that most people will not bother if they are getting nothing for it and it's really not that hard to prove. Let's look at Ilum, an event was there and people went. There use to be pvp missions there, people went.

Event is over and no missions....now how many people are there? Yeah, that's what I thought.

foxmob
03.04.2013 , 11:17 PM | #6
Regardless of your opinion which is kinda stupid, the fact is that most people will not bother if they are getting nothing for it and it's really not that hard to prove. Let's look at Ilum, an event was there and people went. There use to be pvp missions there, people went.

Event is over and no missions....now how many people are there? Yeah, that's what I thought.
lol - i don't often agree with jenna, but i think he raises a valid point here.

on the other hand, I think you were thinking of something along the lines of Wintergrasp from WotLK? I have to admit, that was my favorite "open world" type of pvp event. I have the sneaking suspicion that the swtor engine/code cannot handle that...just based on the lag I experience in WZs. but it would be cool. and swtor really really really needs vehicles you can get into like the siege tanks and so forth in some of the WoW instances. I mean...the vehicles in the SW universe are ICONIC. fly a snow speeder in ilum? or the KotoR version of an AT-AT? omg! winning! instead, all we get is space missions that are like sitting in a theater "riding" a rollercoaster on the screen. mildly entertaining...I guess. Battlefront II managed to incorporate real vehicle (space) combat/missions, and space missions weren't the focus of that game either. iunno. like I said, it'd be nice to ride some assault vehicles in pvp.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Xienive
03.04.2013 , 11:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
lol - i don't often agree with jenna, but i think he raises a valid point here.

on the other hand, I think you were thinking of something along the lines of Wintergrasp from WotLK? I have to admit, that was my favorite "open world" type of pvp event. I have the sneaking suspicion that the swtor engine/code cannot handle that...just based on the lag I experience in WZs. but it would be cool. and swtor really really really needs vehicles you can get into like the siege tanks and so forth in some of the WoW instances. I mean...the vehicles in the SW universe are ICONIC. fly a snow speeder in ilum? or the KotoR version of an AT-AT? omg! winning! instead, all we get is space missions that are like sitting in a theater "riding" a rollercoaster on the screen. mildly entertaining...I guess. Battlefront II managed to incorporate real vehicle (space) combat/missions, and space missions weren't the focus of that game either. iunno. like I said, it'd be nice to ride some assault vehicles in pvp.
Yeah yeah yeah, if you need a reward you aren't a true pvp'er, you probably suck, blah blah blah.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a lack of world PVP and there isn't as much of one when you give people a reason to be doing it.

rlamela
03.04.2013 , 11:29 PM | #8
Yeah yeah yeah, if you need a reward you aren't a true pvp'er, you probably suck, blah blah blah.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a lack of world PVP and there isn't as much of one when you give people a reason to be doing it.
that is the palyerbase fault. 90% of the people playing this game are of the we don't want to work for it just give it to us jenna-ration. It's why bioware has changed the way to get gear over and over. I mean before you actually earned gear but the masses cried so bioware had to cave in and give it away for free. I mean I play on a PVE server and yet I find OWPvP everyday when I'm doing my dailies. People just don't want to have to go look for it.

Jenna'syyde

Xienive
03.04.2013 , 11:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
that is the palyerbase fault. 90% of the people playing this game are of the we don't want to work for it just give it to us jenna-ration. It's why bioware has changed the way to get gear over and over. I mean before you actually earned gear but the masses cried so bioware had to cave in and give it away for free. I mean I play on a PVE server and yet I find OWPvP everyday when I'm doing my dailies. People just don't want to have to go look for it.

Jenna'syyde
I completely agree with you that it is the playerbase's fault. I don't play on a PVP but I wish I did, I don't necessarily care about rewards for open world PVP but I would rather offer it and get some open world PVP than just not have any.

Believe me, I look for it...I go flagged into the opposing factions section all the time doing dailies and never find anybody to attack and nobody ever attacks me.

rlamela
03.04.2013 , 11:36 PM | #10
I completely agree with you that it is the playerbase's fault. I don't play on a PVP but I wish I did, I don't necessarily care about rewards for open world PVP but I would rather offer it and get some open world PVP than just not have any.

Believe me, I look for it...I go flagged into the opposing factions section all the time doing dailies and never find anybody to attack and nobody ever attacks me.
lol are you a Sage. Cause on my Sage I will constantly get attacked by unflagged marauders as soon as I engage the mobs. I Love it cause they are usually in PVE gear and die quite easily.

Jenna'syyde