Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Gear worth nothing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP Gear worth nothing

njonjoo
03.05.2013 , 08:04 AM | #11
PVP is over in this game. I just had enough when I heard that there will be bolster on 55 lvl. It is borderline retarded. I play only pvp and this was the drop that spilled the glass.
PVP was never much in this game without guild wars , possibility of dueling on fleet or any other form of competitive content between players. As a PVP player you log on , click que and thats about it.
I unsubed yesterday. Hasta la vista.

Capt_Beers
03.05.2013 , 08:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by njonjoo View Post
PVP is over in this game. I just had enough when I heard that there will be bolster on 55 lvl. It is borderline retarded. I play only pvp and this was the drop that spilled the glass.
PVP was never much in this game without guild wars , possibility of dueling on fleet or any other form of competitive content between players. As a PVP player you log on , click que and thats about it.
I unsubed yesterday. Hasta la vista.
Can I have your stuff?
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Technohic
03.05.2013 , 08:40 AM | #13
I hope there isn't bolster in ranked because I don't think you should play there until you are ready to stand on your own and prove your metal.

That said, I am fortunate to be on a server that has PvP outside of warzones. It will be reason enough for me to work on my gear. Not to mention that you still do better in warzones with better gear, there is just supposed to be less of a gap.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have a my first toon that is not much better geared than recruit because I didn't start PvPing on him until the 40s in level. Other toons I have, have more BM gear which is now obsolete. I will be more inclined to turn and start working on them again in 2.0. I also have other toons that I have been leveling and I intended to hold their comms rather than buy armor as soon as I hit 50 like I did the other toons that have BM, until I am ready to use them on some level 50 PvP just due to the fact of what I buy now might become obsolete before that point.

TLDR: I have toons in a ton of different situations as far as gear and I actually find them all benefiting in some way or the other come 2.0.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

AngusFTW
03.05.2013 , 08:44 AM | #14
People that qq these days are so annoying i remember having those damned bm boxes and then with patch we could buy all that gear with normal coms and had to grind wh with rwz coms which took aggggges
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Ybini
03.05.2013 , 09:53 AM | #15
Its been done with champion gear and bm gear and wh gear now ewh gear. Not that is was fun to have that "I earned this uber gear now its meh" feeling, but don't feel like you are alone.

Anishor
03.05.2013 , 11:13 AM | #16
Maybe you'll actually have to use teamwork and individual skill?
Penumbral, Jung Ma server
Theoros ( Vengeance *main* ) Thero'os ( Marauder *alt* )
PVP Officer
"The Light in the Shadow."

njonjoo
03.05.2013 , 11:55 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Maybe you'll actually have to use teamwork and individual skill?
Maybe you'll actually use your brain , someday.

LanceCorporalDan
03.05.2013 , 12:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by njonjoo View Post
Maybe you'll actually use your brain , someday.
Maybe you'll quit posting on forums since you unsubbed?
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Aluvi
03.05.2013 , 01:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
There is Bolster at 55. But it doesn't make sub-par gear equal the best. It only makes it less like arriving for a joust while wearing a colander on your head. It magically turns your colander into a servicable helmet, but not the finely-crafted prize you get for winning the tournament.
There are no negative bolster effects. They aren't logically necessary.
Pretty much this. Bolster helps, but it is not in any way optimized. A min maxed conqueror set is far more effective than pve gear plus bolster, ewh plus bolster, or naked plus bolster. The funny thing is, naked plus bolster is probably the most effective option until you are in at least min maxed partisan gear.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

DarthOvertone
03.05.2013 , 01:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by justinparneteau View Post
Anyone else get the feeling after you put all the time into getting your gear and modding it the way you want it that its a waste of time becuase they just lower the prices after a couple of weeks for example i was in full BM gear when i left for about 1 month only to come back and find out that everyone is in WH gear now i need to grind again to get the WH gear but i feel when i am done grinding they will just make the EWH gear free basically?
That's the nature of MMO gear progression mang. It's not just a PvP Gear thing, PvE gear becomes obsolete over time too.

On a more somber note, if you think your PvP gear is worthless now, just wait until 2.0 with the new Bolster system where most PvE hits/barrels/mods will be BIS thanks to the backazzwards bolster buff mechanics. Right now on the PTS your toon actually has better stats and more expertise without wearing any gear in WZs...

lulz
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!