Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Gear worth nothing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP Gear worth nothing

justinparneteau
03.04.2013 , 09:47 PM | #1
Anyone else get the feeling after you put all the time into getting your gear and modding it the way you want it that its a waste of time becuase they just lower the prices after a couple of weeks for example i was in full BM gear when i left for about 1 month only to come back and find out that everyone is in WH gear now i need to grind again to get the WH gear but i feel when i am done grinding they will just make the EWH gear free basically? let me know what you think.

mufgufkin
03.04.2013 , 10:31 PM | #2
Right now yes after makeb no. I have 2 toons at lvl 49 that i will not level till 2.0 because its worthless. The bolster system should make everyone from 30-54 on par with eachother. Now as for the lvl 55 gear, i will grind it out and get it. What alot of people forget is this is an MMO which is code for a wast of time. Stop thinking of it like a competetive sport or a job where once you are at the top you csn just rake in money/ trophies till you retire... All MMOs are progressive and a neverending climb to the top. Thats how they make money

Master-Nala
03.04.2013 , 11:06 PM | #3
You are never 'done' in MMORPGs. In any event, PvP is fun. The rewards are just a bonus.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault

Zajfien
03.04.2013 , 11:12 PM | #4
Done = Game Over

rlamela
03.05.2013 , 12:34 AM | #5
I don't know. when I sell my old warhero ear piece, implants & relics I got 1 credit. So I think they are worth something (Just Not A Lot)

<Save Face, Slash Stuck>
Jenna'syyde

theSCARAYone
03.05.2013 , 01:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by justinparneteau View Post
Anyone else get the feeling after you put all the time into getting your gear and modding it the way you want it that its a waste of time becuase they just lower the prices after a couple of weeks for example i was in full BM gear when i left for about 1 month only to come back and find out that everyone is in WH gear now i need to grind again to get the WH gear but i feel when i am done grinding they will just make the EWH gear free basically? let me know what you think.
Thats one long sentence.

Twin
03.05.2013 , 03:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mufgufkin View Post
Right now yes after makeb no. I have 2 toons at lvl 49 that i will not level till 2.0 because its worthless. The bolster system should make everyone from 30-54 on par with eachother. Now as for the lvl 55 gear, i will grind it out and get it. What alot of people forget is this is an MMO which is code for a wast of time. Stop thinking of it like a competetive sport or a job where once you are at the top you csn just rake in money/ trophies till you retire... All MMOs are progressive and a neverending climb to the top. Thats how they make money
The OP is talking about the feeling that 2.0 will make pvp gear feel obsolete - a point which i kinda have to agree with. That being said, i know there have been issues with Bolster on the testserver and i have admittingly not had the chance to try it myself (Was in queue for an hour or so before giving up).

However. IF the new bolster makes everyone on par no matter what gear you run with -doesn't that effectively kill any and all progression for our characters? Even if Makeb dishes out new toplevel gear there would be no progression at all between the levels 50-54? And between 10-49 the only progression would be levels and the skills attached?

Also - is there no Bolster effect at all once you hit level 55 Warzones? -Someone hinted in another thread that bolster will not only boost those undergeared, but also reduce those above the "Bolster" stats. If that is true for all levels of Warzones, then wont progession die with 2.0? -I certinatly have a hard time seeing where that evergoing "Climb to the top" is then...

Can anyone confirm that:
- There is No Bolster at level 55 Warzones
-There is no negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 55 Warzones
-There is a negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 10-54 Warzones
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

Wainamoinen
03.05.2013 , 06:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Can anyone confirm that:
- There is No Bolster at level 55 Warzones
-There is no negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 55 Warzones
-There is a negative bolster effect for those above Bolster stats in level 10-54 Warzones
There is Bolster at 55. But it doesn't make sub-par gear equal the best. It only makes it less like arriving for a joust while wearing a colander on your head. It magically turns your colander into a servicable helmet, but not the finely-crafted prize you get for winning the tournament.
There are no negative bolster effects. They aren't logically necessary.
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

mrekxxx
03.05.2013 , 07:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by justinparneteau View Post
i agree and dont like that system also... there might be one gear forever in pvp, bioware might invest time to develope new maps, new matchmaking system, xserver, eliminate cheaters.... to bring more fun instead stupid grind ...