Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 could be the NGE of SWG ..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2.0 could be the NGE of SWG ..

Caeliux
03.05.2013 , 12:06 PM | #41
Force Powers are tingling....

Feels like this thread is nothing but anxiety and assumptions...

Falls back into a trance and meditates....

The Truth — is stirless –
Other force — may be presumed to move –
This — then — is best for confidence –
When oldest Cedars swerve –

And Oaks untwist their fists –
And Mountains — feeble — lean –
How excellent a Body, that
Stands without a Bone –

How vigorous a Force
That holds without a Prop –
Truth stays Herself — and every man
That trusts Her — boldly up –

Jarfunkz
03.05.2013 , 01:12 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
yeah, i agree.

not to mention that every single stat but power was just gutted. your character progression is basically set back to pre Champion gear. thanks bioware
unless you get autocrit specs!
VicVega

Keyran-Halcyon
03.05.2013 , 01:40 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
To me, an MMO is about progressing your character from nothing to something .. This includes the grind for higher levels and the grind for better gear .. Am I missing something? I'm talking about PvP and the bolster system ... The fact that you can go naked into a warzone and have bolster make your existing gear worth more than a player with EWH gear, is just embarrassing.
Im sorry, but I gotta agree with others. This is just a lame QQ post. SWG completely changed things with the CU and NGE. The only way that SWTOR could do anything comparable was if they scratched all the talent trees and started over, which is not what they are doing in 2.0.
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hûng Sôlo & Master Teh-Hauss

DarthOvertone
03.05.2013 , 02:21 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
To me, an MMO is about progressing your character from nothing to something .. This includes the grind for higher levels and the grind for better gear .. Am I missing something?
The revised Bolster mechanic of 2.0 is BW's attempt at Rift's Normalization. The idea is an excellent one for controlled PvP environments like WZs and Warfronts. Ideally, it puts more of an emphasis on skill rather than gear in PvP combat and that's a good thing.

However, this creates a problem for the BW Devs who want to cling to gear progression and maintain a separation between PvP and PvE gear. Bolster bugs notwithstanding, and on the PTS there are currently a multitude of them, grinding PvP gear becomes unnecessary for anyone that is not a hardcore player.

If competing in Reg PvP and just having good fights is all you care about, then you can just wear whatever gear you want and the buff from Bolster will be more than enough for you to make an impact and enjoy PvP. Players that PvP in Rift already juggle with this issue on a daily basis.

So BW seems to be of two minds. In one sense, they want an equal playing field for all in WZs. However, they still want carrot-on-a-stick gear progression in PvP. The two just don't mix. The only players that will bother with PvP gear in such an arrangement will be the minority of hardcore PvPers on committed Ranked teams who will grind anything for every edge they can get. Other, more casual, PvPers will just sort of go with the flow and not grind anything.

So for most players, your greatest wish has been answered. The PvP gear grind is essentially over.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kazmtyh View Post
You can't. If you think a player in random greens will have their bolster equal EWH you are fooling yourself. The Dev's have alreay stated that the Bolster equals you out to the Recruit set. This is why they are removing the Recruit set from the game. Players in EWH will still have a big advantage over players in lesser gear.
The Devs say a lot of things. Unfortunately, Bolster implementation is saying otherwise. On the PTS, you are currently more powerful naked than in EWH gear.

Additionally, the BIS hilt/barrel for PvP currently on the PTS is actually the PvE hilt/barrel, namely the Underworld Hilt/Barrel, with the Arkanian Hilt/Barrel being equivalent to the top tier PvP Conqueror Hilt.

Of course, the above are major problems the Devs will hopefully iron out before 2.0 launch, but what they are saying and what is happening on the PTS are two different things right now.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

cashogy_reborn
03.05.2013 , 03:10 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
unless you get autocrit specs!
everyone will be spec'd sorc/sage and knight/warrior by the time all is said and done lol
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Caeliux
03.05.2013 , 03:20 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
So for most players, your greatest wish has been answered. The PvP gear grind is essentially over.
Now skilled players will be the outcome in these matches now for the most part, I honestly like the idea skill > all.

But, I don't mind a grind to gear either, so I am seeing both pros and cons to the new bolster coming 2.0.

I think some players are going to shy away cause they do like the value of a grind, but to casual players that still want a hardcore experience without tons of work will indeed like the new changes.

It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Keldaur
03.05.2013 , 03:21 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Just because one turd received the most polish, doesn't mean it wasn't the worst turd.
The correct analogy would be "it's still a turd". Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Knockerz
03.05.2013 , 03:26 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Unless 2.0 is bringing some FPS type mmo then no, it wont be the NGE that killed SWG. The NGE was a total revamp of the game, going from 32 classes down to 8(?) and just being complete ****. Nothing deserves to be compared to that mess.
This and yes the nge pales in comparison to 2.0 or any major change in any mmorpg I played. It completely change the game. It was a 180 turn in game design. I guess the equivalent to this would be like turning swtor into a sandbox only game using the current maps. On top of that changing the game mechanics and how many classes specs there are in game. It was a mess. At that point it was neither a sandbox or a theme park driven mmorpg, but a hybrid, which was implemented poorly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Tamanous
03.05.2013 , 03:27 PM | #49
Hilarious thread.

The changes for this expansion is a fraction of what Wow does on a regular basis ... yet people are even considering this like the NGE?

Hilarious.

Technohic
03.05.2013 , 03:30 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Keldaur View Post
The correct analogy would be "it's still a turd". Otherwise it doesn't make sense.
I felt like being different. Makes sense to me. At simple glance, yes; it's still a turd, but it always was and the worst one at that. They just ran out of budget or interest in scrapping it again and kept polishing for a few years longer than they gave the other 2 systems.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5