Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 could be the NGE of SWG ..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2.0 could be the NGE of SWG ..

Vikassi
03.04.2013 , 04:11 PM | #1
To me, an MMO is about progressing your character from nothing to something .. This includes the grind for higher levels and the grind for better gear .. Am I missing something? I'm talking about PvP and the bolster system ... The fact that you can go naked into a warzone and have bolster make your existing gear worth more than a player with EWH gear, is just embarrassing.

cashogy_reborn
03.04.2013 , 04:14 PM | #2
yeah, i agree.

not to mention that every single stat but power was just gutted. your character progression is basically set back to pre Champion gear. thanks bioware
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Pistols-GS
03.04.2013 , 04:38 PM | #3
Comparing TOR 2.0 to the NGE change is beyond awful QQ'ness.

Seriously, stop being so *$Y@(Y dramatic.

Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Technohic
03.04.2013 , 04:44 PM | #4
So wait. This going to try to become a first person shooter and consolidate classes and not give you any talents to build or spec?

I would say this isn't even the CU because even that messed with how fast abilities fired
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

cycao
03.04.2013 , 04:44 PM | #5
Unless 2.0 is bringing some FPS type mmo then no, it wont be the NGE that killed SWG. The NGE was a total revamp of the game, going from 32 classes down to 8(?) and just being complete ****. Nothing deserves to be compared to that mess.

Heezdedjim
03.04.2013 , 04:48 PM | #6
Wait till the OP figures out that bolster also bolsters empty slots.

Kazmtyh
03.04.2013 , 04:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
Am I missing something?
Clearly you are. Or at minimum a bit misinformed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
The fact that you can go naked into a warzone and have bolster make your existing gear worth more than a player with EWH gear, is just embarrassing.
You can't. If you think a player in random greens will have their bolster equal EWH you are fooling yourself. The Dev's have alreay stated that the Bolster equals you out to the Recruit set. This is why they are removing the Recruit set from the game. Players in EWH will still have a big advantage over players in lesser gear.

See the pertinent comment from the patch notes below:

Quote:
Bolster is now based on item rating rather than character level. Recruit-level gear is no longer available, as players will be automatically bolstered to this level of item power if they do not meet it naturally.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Pistols-GS
03.04.2013 , 04:53 PM | #8
^ Thank you.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

FluffyMcNutter
03.04.2013 , 05:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazmtyh View Post
Clearly you are. Or at minimum a bit misinformed.

You can't. If you think a player in random greens will have their bolster equal EWH you are fooling yourself. The Dev's have alreay stated that the Bolster equals you out to the Recruit set. This is why they are removing the Recruit set from the game. Players in EWH will still have a big advantage over players in lesser gear.

See the pertinent comment from the patch notes below:
I think it will at the below level 55 pvp. You will be able to level naked! Its the developers ploy to get rid of War Hero sets and getting people to buy their expansion.

DroidDreamer
03.04.2013 , 05:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Unless 2.0 is bringing some FPS type mmo then no, it wont be the NGE that killed SWG. The NGE was a total revamp of the game, going from 32 classes down to 8(?) and just being complete ****. Nothing deserves to be compared to that mess.
^ What he said. For sure.

I'm excited about 2.0 and so are my friends who have tested it.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.