Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth it to hunt all the Datacrons at 50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is it worth it to hunt all the Datacrons at 50?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Takkersf
03.04.2013 , 02:00 PM | #1
So yes, I was very noob and didn't collect any datacrons on my journey up to 50. Now I'm going back and collected the datacrons I missed and trying to get a little ahead on my other character I'm leveling.

In a word, is it worth it? Any advice?

-T
The Frak Legacy[*]Takinsftwo - Sith Inquisitor[*]Takinsfthree- BH Mercenary
Live Streaming @ www.twitch.tv/takinsf
Follow me on twitter @ takkers99

DarthTHC
03.04.2013 , 02:02 PM | #2
Presence, Endurance, and your class's attribute are always nice to increase. If you don't have better yet, the matrix shards make good relics.

If you can beat Super Mario, they're not that hard to get to. There seems to be much less Super Mario action required on the Empire side of things.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Eillack
03.04.2013 , 02:03 PM | #3
+ 40 stats tends to give a little kick here and there.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

AsheraII
03.04.2013 , 02:09 PM | #4
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=141 has a nice breakdown of how much effect they have. Though it depends a bit on what gear you have, the overal increase in damage or healing won't be more than a percent, if that much. If you already do have a couple, then the ones you haven't grabbed yet will have even less effect, so you might opt out from some of the more frustrating ones without noticing any difference in your performance.

Datacrons are more something for explorers or completionists, they are definitely not required in any way to be viable for endgame content.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

CaptianFordo
03.04.2013 , 02:16 PM | #5
After getting all the tech based datacrons (aim and cunning), I went up something like 40-50 bonus damage points. On top of that, endurance (for your health) and presence (for your companions) is very important. Even for PVP this makes a difference. Don't skip over them. Only baddies do that.
The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

uziforyou
03.04.2013 , 02:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=141 has a nice breakdown of how much effect they have. Though it depends a bit on what gear you have, the overal increase in damage or healing won't be more than a percent, if that much. If you already do have a couple, then the ones you haven't grabbed yet will have even less effect, so you might opt out from some of the more frustrating ones without noticing any difference in your performance.

Datacrons are more something for explorers or completionists, they are definitely not required in any way to be viable for endgame content.
This is the right answer. I have 'discovered' all the datacrons on multiple characters but unlike the poster right below the quote said, people who don't grab the datacrons are NOT baddies. They do take time and in some cases are a pain to get and not everyone wants to invest that time for what is at best a 1% increase in performance.

Datacrons can be fun to get but they have no significant impact to the game or how it plays. Anyone that tells you differently, they are the baddie.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Bethmora
03.04.2013 , 02:42 PM | #7
I would say do your datacron hunt once you hit 50. Its so much easier to get around without being killed. Some say just get what you need but I say get all. You get +40 to your stats and you get the shards to make your relic. Its fun getting them and you cn get all in a strong day if you really wanted.

CaptianFordo
03.04.2013 , 02:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
This is the right answer. I have 'discovered' all the datacrons on multiple characters but unlike the poster right below the quote said, people who don't grab the datacrons are NOT baddies. They do take time and in some cases are a pain to get and not everyone wants to invest that time for what is at best a 1% increase in performance.

Datacrons can be fun to get but they have no significant impact to the game or how it plays. Anyone that tells you differently, they are the baddie.
Cry harder because you can't play Mario with the datacrons.

The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

-Sirus-
03.04.2013 , 03:14 PM | #9
Think of the amount of effort you put into to go from 61 gear to 63 gear. Then stop and look at how many total stats you gained from the upgrade. Then compare that to what getting all the datacrons relevant to your class would give you.

Last I checked, i figured a full set of datacrons being about equal to upgrading 1/3 of your gear a tier.

DarthTHC
03.04.2013 , 03:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
Cry harder because you can't play Mario with the datacrons.

Heh. In the beginning, they said the 'crons were rewards for "exploring". They never said they were rewards for "jumping accurately through latency while overcoming our poorly performing third party engine".
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer