Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

ObscureKnight's Avatar


ObscureKnight
03.04.2013 , 02:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by thesadplanet View Post
actually completely serious, any anyone who is familiar with pvp on this server would tell you basically the same thing
Ahhh my bad, I forgot that the super elite must be pleased with anything said here. Since after all no one out side the circle can seem to have an opinion. Maybe I can find a suitable offering to you?

You seem to miss the part I mentioned about stupid things such as lag.

Forgot to add.
Also you automatically assumed that I was referring to the "elite." I was referring to the lack of quite a few others that are not just the top players.
Shadowkeeper

thesadplanet's Avatar


thesadplanet
03.04.2013 , 02:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ObscureKnight View Post
Ahhh my bad, I forgot that the super elite must be pleased with anything said here. Since after all no one out side the circle can seem to have an opinion. Maybe I can find a suitable offering to you?

You seem to miss the part I mentioned about stupid things such as lag.
These "stupid things" you are referring to have nothing to do with whether or not certain people are on the pts or on live. The only thing which the pts has caused is that the best players from every server have, for the most part, taken a vacation from the live server in order to test out new level 55 content.

As a result, bad players, such as yourself, who won't even say what their ingame name is on the forums will have slightly more fun on live due to not getting owned by skilled players nearly as much as they typically would.

Not to say that your claim isn't valid, there are far more bad players in this game than there are good ones, so it makes sense that removing a great portion of good players would make the game on average, more fun for the players who remain on live, I just find it funny that ranked pvp instantly becomes active the day that ID takes a break from live and we get threads like this.
Ravinder - Infinite Darkness - POT5

Dedrayge's Avatar


Dedrayge
03.04.2013 , 03:01 PM | #13
Improved my ***.

6 warzones in a row of getting the **** end of the stick in lowbie. It's one thing when teams are balanced and it's down to the wire but this isn't the case. I'm not having fun, I'm down right pissed off and really getting tired of having to pay money to deal with this crap. Sad thing is, I used to enjoy PVP in this game.

So, it's pretty much run in a premade or get steam rolled all day.

Would play on the PTS but I don't feel like dealing with bugs.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Miquiztli's Avatar


Miquiztli
03.04.2013 , 05:30 PM | #14
Personally I think PVP has been crap this last week. Most of the people I pvp with are all on the PTS, so if I actually get into a ranked group I count myself lucky if I can scrounge up at least 4 medals. Unranked isn't much better. I don't know if there has been an influx of people who haven't pvp'ed before, or I'm just having bad luck with the queues, but I haven't had to explain the concept of the different maps this often since they all first came out.
<Ascendant> Miquiztli (Sin | 55), Perro (Merc | 55), Mi'ngh (Jugg | 55), Tokas'plif (Sniper | 55)
<Obnoxious Amateurs> Tokab'lunt (Scoundrel | 55), Miquizell (Sage | 55), Gatita (Van | 55), Ukko'otso (Sent | 55)

WHudson's Avatar


WHudson
03.04.2013 , 08:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by thesadplanet View Post
These "stupid things" you are referring to have nothing to do with whether or not certain people are on the pts or on live. The only thing which the pts has caused is that the best players from every server have, for the most part, taken a vacation from the live server in order to test out new level 55 content.

As a result, bad players, such as yourself, who won't even say what their ingame name is on the forums will have slightly more fun on live due to not getting owned by skilled players nearly as much as they typically would.

Not to say that your claim isn't valid, there are far more bad players in this game than there are good ones, so it makes sense that removing a great portion of good players would make the game on average, more fun for the players who remain on live, I just find it funny that ranked pvp instantly becomes active the day that ID takes a break from live and we get threads like this.
I dont know i wouldn't consider myself good on any toon, but I feel bad when my 64k damage (to go with 408k heals) is 4th in damage on a huttball when there was only 2 other heals to get in the 100-120k mark. Seriously when people tell you to mash the 1 button repeatedly because getting 19k dmaage in a 13 min huttball... they are actually telling you a strat that will turn you 19k damage into 120k damage. So yes pvp is much worse, there appears to be a few good people who solo queu, but no real good guilds queuing as a group much. As all the people who count in general are on the PTS.

And to the original poster, I am sorry if you think PVP is better, it is just now a greater concentration of people who i dont know, all i can assume is they do not press buttons to be in such long warzones and do so little.

(oh and on a side note I realised i posted this on the wrong account, i meant to post it on my Ivan, Yuliya-Jr, Bob-Buffet account... not the Vanya account)...
Bob-Buffet level 50 mercenary healer
Maybe I have another account and don't like letting my secret identity being leaked out to everyone

adiwantinova's Avatar


adiwantinova
03.04.2013 , 08:26 PM | #16
OP is clearly talking about the server stability. Others are referring to player quality.

Re: server stability, it's still very laggy in spikes for me, and I run Unleashed.

Re: quality, I've never seen more junk & fresh 50s ruining WZ's in a loooong time. So many baddies out in full force right now!
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
03.05.2013 , 12:20 AM | #17
all the hackers in ID are busy hacking on the PTS long live the reign of dark jesters and wook!!

CaptianFordo's Avatar


CaptianFordo
03.05.2013 , 09:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
all the hackers in ID are busy hacking on the PTS long live the reign of dark jesters and wook!!
ID does not hack. You are just bad. No such thing as hacks for this game.

The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

SlimjimSavage's Avatar


SlimjimSavage
03.05.2013 , 10:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Miquiztli View Post
Personally I think PVP has been crap this last week. Most of the people I pvp with are all on the PTS, so if I actually get into a ranked group I count myself lucky if I can scrounge up at least 4 medals. Unranked isn't much better. I don't know if there has been an influx of people who haven't pvp'ed before, or I'm just having bad luck with the queues, but I haven't had to explain the concept of the different maps this often since they all first came out.
This.

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
03.05.2013 , 10:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
ID does not hack. You are just bad. No such thing as hacks for this game.

but someone in wook told me ID hacks so it must be true