Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
03.15.2013 , 01:39 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Miquiztli View Post
I don't get that mentality (queue doding). Does ranked rating matter that much? Hell, just get 4 medals and it is already worth more than queuing regular wz's. I guess back before all the adaptive gear, cartel market items, etc I can see wanting a high rating as you get different color crystals/gear/mount. Now a days epeen measuring seems to be the only reason to care about it.
their rating goes down when you queue dodge. The point is in RWZ is to put 2x8man teams together and only take the queue if both get a pop at the same time. It basically messes up all the other teams who are doing RWZ at that time.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
03.15.2013 , 01:45 PM | #102
Before they patched it, when we'd get a ranked game (civil war) against nobody, it took too long to cap a node and have it tick even with predation + force speed. This resulted in me losing around 30 pts of rating per civil war q dodge.

Dedrayge's Avatar


Dedrayge
03.15.2013 , 02:57 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
This.

And also. I was in a pub guild that starts with a 'W'. I joined a group and jumped on their voice chat. They were queue dodging to get an 8man premade. I said "Are you kidding me?" and /gquit.

If you want to get better at pvp, you shouldn't tolerate your guild doing this kind of thing. It isn't cheating, you're just being robbed of ever having to fight an uphill battle.
Why try and put the effort into getting better when one can get easy wins? After all it's all about winning and flaunting one's e*****. Or maybe it's all about being too lazy to take on a challenge and avoiding butt hurt.

Seriously though, I completely agree with your last statement and wish more people would strive to challenge themselves and improve their skills. All the steamrolling, whether being on the receiving or delivering end, just gets boring and leaves little to no chance for me to improve and gets really boring.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Miquiztli's Avatar


Miquiztli
03.15.2013 , 03:16 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
their rating goes down when you queue dodge. The point is in RWZ is to put 2x8man teams together and only take the queue if both get a pop at the same time. It basically messes up all the other teams who are doing RWZ at that time.
Ah, I didn't know that (never queue dodged). Still, I don't understand that mentality. So what if you don't get in the same match? Seems like a waste of time. Same with dropping when a match is almost over. You still get some coms, cash, etc from a loss. "OMG! My W/L ratio will be screwed. What will everyone on the CoD message boards think?!?"
<Ascendant> Miquiztli (Sin | 55), Perro (Merc | 55), Mi'ngh (Jugg | 55), Tokas'plif (Sniper | 55)
<Obnoxious Amateurs> Tokab'lunt (Scoundrel | 55), Miquizell (Sage | 55), Gatita (Van | 55), Ukko'otso (Sent | 55)

Dedrayge's Avatar


Dedrayge
03.15.2013 , 03:51 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Miquiztli View Post
Ah, I didn't know that (never queue dodged). Still, I don't understand that mentality. So what if you don't get in the same match? Seems like a waste of time. Same with dropping when a match is almost over. You still get some coms, cash, etc from a loss. "OMG! My W/L ratio will be screwed. What will everyone on the CoD message boards think?!?"
My guess would be that they just want easy ranked comms and perhaps to manipulate their ratings. There's always the possibility they just want to practisr. It could even be they fear the butt hurt and just want to jerk off their fragile egos.

And yes, people care more about numbers than the challenge of working for a win. Also, there are quite a lot of lazy people these days.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Miquiztli's Avatar


Miquiztli
03.15.2013 , 03:55 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Dedrayge View Post
And yes, people care more about numbers than the challenge of working for a win. Also, there are quite a lot of lazy people these days.
I'm extremely lazy! Probably why I don't care about losing in ranked.
<Ascendant> Miquiztli (Sin | 55), Perro (Merc | 55), Mi'ngh (Jugg | 55), Tokas'plif (Sniper | 55)
<Obnoxious Amateurs> Tokab'lunt (Scoundrel | 55), Miquizell (Sage | 55), Gatita (Van | 55), Ukko'otso (Sent | 55)

Drachuss's Avatar


Drachuss
03.15.2013 , 11:12 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post

And also. I was in a pub guild that starts with a 'W'. I joined a group and jumped on their voice chat. They were queue dodging to get an 8man premade. I said "Are you kidding me?" and /gquit.
You amuse me, because this statement is completeley false
You were guild removed because you joined for the wrong reasons, but you never /gquit like you say you did.
Also, I love how you stated that you went into our voice chat and heard us queue dodging while trying to get an 8man premade which is also false, because, while we do enjoy getting into the same warzones, we take every warzone pop we get and play it until the end. All this queue dodging gossip going around is bull ****

ObscureKnight's Avatar


ObscureKnight
03.15.2013 , 11:39 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
This.

And also. I was in a pub guild that starts with a 'W'. I joined a group and jumped on their voice chat. They were queue dodging to get an 8man premade. I said "Are you kidding me?" and /gquit.

If you want to get better at pvp, you shouldn't tolerate your guild doing this kind of thing. It isn't cheating, you're just being robbed of ever having to fight an uphill battle.
It is always an uphill battle when the infamous sith three are on the opposite side.

Okay, I wasnt sure what you meant by que dodge, I saw something similar on the Ebon Hawk but it was different, the people were talking in a vent on whether or not the que popped, if it did for the group then they went in, but if it was for only four then they just declined. I agree I hate it also... but then again, it saves me from having to see people calling others names for bad pug groups, since the name callers are the ones usually leaving.
Shadowkeeper
Imps: Fd - Sorc, Xl - Sin, Rg - Jug, MissGuidance - Mara, Mirialan - Merc, Shd - PT, Noctur Pubs: Fde, bscura - Shadow, Starri - Sent, Glss - Commando, Nil - Vanguard, Inco'gnito - Slinger All 55's and HM able with some NiM able

kamikrazy's Avatar


kamikrazy
03.18.2013 , 06:42 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Drachuss View Post
You amuse me, because this statement is completeley false
You were guild removed because you joined for the wrong reasons, but you never /gquit like you say you did.
Also, I love how you stated that you went into our voice chat and heard us queue dodging while trying to get an 8man premade which is also false, because, while we do enjoy getting into the same warzones, we take every warzone pop we get and play it until the end. All this queue dodging gossip going around is bull ****
He doesn't quit guilds, he quits warzones. Biggest walking talking pile of crap that ever spawned on this earth.

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
03.18.2013 , 09:17 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Drachuss View Post
You amuse me, because this statement is completeley false
You were guild removed because you joined for the wrong reasons, but you never /gquit like you say you did.
Also, I love how you stated that you went into our voice chat and heard us queue dodging while trying to get an 8man premade which is also false, because, while we do enjoy getting into the same warzones, we take every warzone pop we get and play it until the end. All this queue dodging gossip going around is bull ****
This statement is absolutely true, you just think I'm talking about Wook when I'm talking about Wrath...
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>