Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix bugged/unobtainable codex entries before 2.0 launch for Achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Fix bugged/unobtainable codex entries before 2.0 launch for Achievements

Keltuzet
03.04.2013 , 04:44 AM | #1
With the achievement system approaching, there will be several achievements unobtainable because the requisite codex entries are unobtainable. Many of these are bugs that have been present since launch over a year ago, reported and repeatedly ignored.

These lists aren't entirely inclusive, but list many unobtainable codex entries for Republic and Imperial players. I've personally run into other codex entries that didn't unlock for me that aren't on these lists (such as Jedi Weapon on my Sentinel). When I've put in support tickets, the codex entries were not unlocked for me.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

Please fix these before the 2.0 launch.

Drudenfusz
03.04.2013 , 07:41 AM | #2
Has someone tested if they are broken on the PTS?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Shurato
03.04.2013 , 01:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Has someone tested if they are broken on the PTS?
I've gone through and looked at a number of Achievement and Codex entries, and I can confirm that not only do all of the old Codex problems appear to still be there but there are some brand new ones in the Achievement system. A couple of examples would be the Terentatek beast entry from the Tython Codex, which is included in the Achievement list, this has been bugged for quite some time as there are no such beasts on Tython. On Korriban and several other places the Exploration achievement is listed as an 80 point requirement but only has 70 points of contributing Achievements. Both of these problems will render worlds uncompletable and so far I haven't encountered a single world that doesn't have at least a few of these problems. BW needs to take some time and run a sweep through the existing Codex entries to clean them up and take another look at the Achievement system to make sure that everything adds up.

Drudenfusz
03.04.2013 , 09:00 PM | #4
Makes me sad that it seems like BioWare is still not capable of getting anything right.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Slamthejam
03.04.2013 , 09:13 PM | #5
The codex entries definitely need to be fixed before this patch hits live. They've been broken for over a year now, somewhat ridiculous that they haven't been fixed yet...
Popeye from Bloodfin

spectreclees
03.04.2013 , 11:10 PM | #6
I had really hoped I could finally go out in the world and do these achievements and complete my codex. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I was actually really excited about going exploring and it having some meaning to my legacy/achievements.

Shurato
03.05.2013 , 12:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
I had really hoped I could finally go out in the world and do these achievements and complete my codex. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I was actually really excited about going exploring and it having some meaning to my legacy/achievements.
It can still be a help, some of the Achievements pay out in cartel coins, but so far as I've seen 100% completion just isn't possible with all of the problems that have snuck in.

Turshek
03.05.2013 , 03:03 AM | #8
I leveled a Shadow through Coruscant on the PTS, at least one lore object gave me the codex entry but I didn't get the corresponding achievement step for it....

I really hope they will check all this thing and not release 2.0 without cleaning/fixing things first.

Childofbaahl
03.07.2013 , 05:18 PM | #9
One can only hope - Damion did say at the London Cantina tour that the Codex was getting a major clean up, if this is the extent then it is a real let down.

I've got my fingers crossed that it'll all come good before 2.0 releases as it's still a ways off now
PCGAMER
Revel Alliance
Zahariel - Lvl 05 -Jedi Consular

EnVAnjS
03.09.2013 , 04:11 AM | #10
Hello! Can someone from site team tell us- be codex entries fixed in 2.0?