Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher freezes during patch download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Launcher freezes during patch download

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bigdaddyoz
03.03.2013 , 09:20 PM | #1
I have spent several hours on the phone with customer service to no avail. when i try to download the latest patch it freezes at 54% on Main Asset 106. I have refreshed uninstall reinstalled updated patched and a million different "suggestions" from customer service but still stuck at 54%. I now as a paying customer have wasted 3 days of play time waiting for thm to get their heads out of their *****es and get it fixed but all they tell me is to do the same thing 6 different way. Please help me community maybe you can do better that the people that get paid to troubleshoot

OwenBrooks
03.03.2013 , 09:36 PM | #2
Normally see this when people use swtor unleashed and havn't selected swtor retail

Is this something you use ?

Bigdaddyoz
03.04.2013 , 08:58 AM | #3
I have no idea I have played since launch, and as far as I know nothing has changed

Beesodd
03.04.2013 , 09:12 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Bigdaddyoz,

You may have taken some of the following steps previously, but I want to be thorough, so please don't skip anything.

First, please download the setup file from www.swtor.com/download and save this for later.

Please double check that (if you have it installed on your machine) your Java is up to date.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, delete the following files from the main game directory:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Once this has completed, please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and run the setup file mentioned above, and see if things get any further.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Bigdaddyoz
03.04.2013 , 10:02 AM | #5
I have done all that before, but will try again. *sigh* at the moment I am reinstalling the game to see if that works. if not i will go through the checklist. More to come...

Bigdaddyoz
03.04.2013 , 03:38 PM | #6
ok I uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled it with the download from SWTOR.com as opposed to the discs for the game and it seems to have fixed it for now

wolfsrein
04.05.2013 , 07:56 AM | #7
ok, i actually have the same problem.

I have actually tried the recommended methods over, and over again. I actually just attempted to try and give it one more chance and it still keeps on freezing. Is there anything else that can be done to download the game? I have gone over many of the forums and things that I could do. I always freeze at something "English video" 65%. Anything past that is a miracle at this point.

OwenBrooks
04.05.2013 , 08:06 AM | #8
I presume you don't use swtor unleashed, and you have tried deleting patch folders etc

You can try a clean boot of windows http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

or safe mode with networking

and creating a new windows user account and see if it persists

wolfsrein
04.05.2013 , 08:31 AM | #9
well. lets say this. i basicly has my motherboard switched out, and o pretty much have had a complete wipe. I have had this problem for about 2-3 months. Before, i had more patience and took it day by day, i gave it a break. My computer was crashing and i had some technicalities, so i had to "fix" my computer. After it all was done, its like everything but this issue has been fixed. I really cant pin-point at this point. But yeah, i have almost literally tried that too.

wolfsrein
04.05.2013 , 08:32 AM | #10
Ill try and use that link you posted. I'll give you an update, thank you for your input.